Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Mazda CX-9

Comments

• rransirransi Posts: 11
    I am in South Jersey. Maple Shade Mazda was not honoring the "S" plan on CX-9 so on a friend's recommendation, I went to Open Road Mazda in East Brunswick. Very good experience there - excellent customer service.
  • rransirransi Posts: 11
    That seems bit fishy on part of Wayne Mazda. Let us know if you actually get the same vehicle within 5-7 days.
  • svofan2svofan2 Posts: 440
    The $364 title and registration I think it is correct since the DMV is chareing for 4 years of reistartion,,,my issue is the $199 etching...and the $70 inquiry fee (checking your credit history and the most offensive is the $269 doc fees...the rest is CX 9 price which can be negoiated...lets see if you get a car at the negotiate price...I think not since the 2007 are becoming scarce and they will switch your selection with something similar...watch if you hold your ground we will see driving an 08 from another dealer...but at any rate good luck to you...keppus informed
  • njdbonjnjdbonj Posts: 11
    You know, maybe that wouldn't be a bad thing....I will let you know in a week.
    I wish you all the luck....the difficulty that I find in doing business with MAZDA dealers in NJ is why I am seriously considering dealing with my FORD dealer..they are friendly to me since I have done business with them in the past. If I go to the CX 9 I might go to Manhattan FORD this dealer is a FORD owned store and I can get rid of my leased 05 EXPI and maybe get a fair deal on anm CX9....
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,971
    Etching is worth zilch - well, in NJ it might be worth $5 or $10. ;) Back when etching was "hot" lots of police departments would do it free once a month or so. And you can buy a diy etching kit for cheap.

Any doc fee over $50 is suspect.

One way to avoid fighting over the line item fees is to focus on your out the door price. See Out The Door (OTD) Pricing questions for more.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

Steve, I agree with your statement about the etching...but doc fees?....there is NOT one dealer in NJ that will charge $50 doc fees (this is the fee the dealership charges for running the errand to the DMV not registration etc)...the out the door price, I agree but it becomes difficult to stay focus,remember that these guys are full time salesmen and we are partime buyers so the odds are in their favor
    Yeah, $50 is way generous for a runner to take some paperwork to DMV. The only way to avoid an excessive doc fee, besides walking out, is to ignore it and just make a deal for the OTD price you think is good.

Salespeople got to eat too, so I don't mind leaving some money on the table. Just not too much. ;)

• jmailjmail Posts: 19
    I bought a cx-9 at manhattan mazda - excellent place with excellent prices. send me an email j.mail555 at verizon.net and I'll tell you who to talk to.
  • dougtap01dougtap01 Posts: 2
    I just picked up my Stormy Blue CX-9 GT from Wayne Mazda last week. I had originally gone in with S-plan PIN towards the end of June and was told they would do even better once I was ready to buy. When I returned several days later, negotiations continued and the S-plan was never actually used at all.

I agree with what others are saying here - that with all the fees, it becomes impossible to understand exactly what your money is truly going for. All I know is that I did my homework, calculating what I thought would be a good monthly rate based on my expected cost for the car and all fees, as well as the current lease values. As long as they hit that number, I no longer care if they put $200 towards the etching, a pedicure, or anything else. Let them play with the numbers however they like to make them work best for their needs.

I, too, needed to wait for a car since they didn't have the color/equipment combo we wanted. This did make me extremely uneasy since I had paid my OOP money and signed a contract, but realized there was nothing that set a deadline for this waiting. Just about 10 days later, though, I did have my car, so I'd be optimistic.

Funny thing is that I wound up with a car that MazdaUSA online inventory had listed with Wayne Mazda since before I signed at the end of June. I do wonder if they delayed the sale on purpose just to pocket the $500 Mazda is offering now. Again, though, I'm not sweating it since I was willing to pay the price I paid in June before that was available.

FWIW, it is an AWD GT with moonrrof/Bose, roof rails, mud guards, mats, etc., 24 month lease, 10,500 miles/yr for $475/month, with $1000 out of pocket (which includes first month).
    ..Mr Host, I tell you that here in the NY/NJ/CT area you will never find a dealer that will charge $50 for the service. It used to be that way 10 or more years ago but no today.The cheapest I have seen is about $125.00 and I bet there are a lot of people out there that can vouch for me...and as far as making deals out the door....don't forget what I said a bout part time buyers...these guys will wear you down even at the last minute..the funny part is that the money is not for the sales people but for the dealers themselves the sales people wont see a peeny beyond theit commisions..
    So don't negotiate the fee - just go for the OTD price.

If they try to tack it on at the end of the deal, walk. There's another dealer in the next block, town or county.

And you can call me Steve. :shades:

...I bet that you are correct!..they do play and they know how.I agree when you lease the waters become more cloudy still since you are dealing with money factors etc...and yes at that point even though it is not recommended you should try to get a bottom line that yu can live with and move on otherwise it will take for ever to geta car..godd luck and enjoy the CX9
    I agree, I think sometimes we(buyer) think we got one over on them (dealer) but it is hard to know which way is up. Negotiating from OTD price is the way to go. I'm glad you got your car.....10 days.......I think I would get cold feet and pull out before then. I can find the car somewhere else myself by that time.
    This OTD business does not sound good to me...to me it gives the dealer's boys all kinds of opportunities to screw around with you....speciallu when one is dealing with leases..besides what is wrong with knowing exactly what is the price of the vehicles (your offered price vs the MSRP) and then you can figure out the rest ...taxes...DMV etc...I think this way those extra charges come right infront of you and if you want to negotiate the doc fees and lets say the etching or what ever other item they want to add you do..
    JMAIL, I did send you an email...I hope you saw it...in case you come back here is my email...svofan1@optonline.net

Thanks
  • eva2deva2d Posts: 7
    Hi,
    I am looking at the same car GT AWD CX-9. I would love the 2008, but not sure if I can wait. Wayne IS the only dealer in the country advertising the 2008's and claim they will have in stock by end of month beginning of Aug at the latest. As I am new to some of the lingo, please help me understand what the S-plan is.
    Thanks
    Wayne Mazda is the largest dealer in the country...and they do carry some clous in getting the cars..I don't doubt that they will one of the first ones with 08...S plan is a special pricing under a plan for people that work in companies that do business with Mazda(FORD also)...
    Called them today and they have about 15-20 2008 CX 9 in stock...yes they are the largest in the country and prtobably in the World..they sella lot of Mazdas...sometimes their selling tactics could use some polishing but hey, that is our job as consumers , to try to get the best possible deal and for them to try to get the most monies out of us consumers..
    Mr Steve Host is correct. I called my insurance co. (in NJ) and if a car comes with an alarm then you don't get a penny off your premium for etching!
    ...Yeap!...THAT id the sad part of it...they (the dealer) wants you to believe that etching saves you money in in surance premiums....I don't understand why the do this...won't it be simpler to bury the $200 somewhere in the negotiations?...is like when they tell you are getting "invoice" price..there is a $900 (about) included in advertising.
  • just_philjust_phil Posts: 86
    I disagree. It could be insurance-dependent, but with my previous carriers (StateFarm, AIG, Liberty Mutual) VIN etching is considered class 3 protection (with LoJack being class 4), while an alarm is either class 1 or 2. It's a moot point, anyway, since the discount is off your comprehensive insurance, which is a rather small portion of your total premium.

But to chime in, VIN etching prices charged by the dealer are a total ripoff. The fact that they make it appear as if it is required is criminal, and in my humble opinion, it detracts from the look of the vehicle. I've also read somewhere that it affects integrity of the glass, but that's BS in my opinion.
  • todostodos Posts: 13
    I went to several dealers here in NJ and they kept pushing etching as being mandatory. Once I confirmed with my insurance NJ Manufacturers that etching would only save me about $10, i made up my mind NOT to pay for it.

I made it clear to dealers up front when I emailed or called that I am not going to pay etching. I didnt even give them a chance to tell me that they charge for it or now.. For me it worked.... Many dealers I dealt with immediately changed their tune and went to their managers to have the fee waived.

The thing with Wayne Mazda is that they love to beat prices.. So if you are willing to be harsh with them and inform them of other options out there, they will bend.

I ended up buying from Ramsey Mazda, but after I found the vehicle that I wanted at Hamilton Mazda way down in South Jersey. When the dealer there wouldnt bend on price and trade and etching, the sales person who I was dealing with at Ramsey, went the extra mile and not only went for the vehicle on my behalf all the way down to Hamilton but also gave me an additional 1000 for my trade in plus coupon on the website for extra 500 off plus waived the etching fee upfront.

I didnt mind gettig my vehicle with 150 miles on it.
    It could be insurance-dependent

I agree - some companies do give you a break for etching. Mine doesn't (AIG). Some companies give you a break, but only let you stack 2 or 3 discounts together, so it still doesn't pay off in those cases.

Car dealers have a tough time. Consumers are smarter, and cars don't break down nearly as often, so the repair center isn't as profitable. Commissions and profits on used cars typically are way higher than new ones too, but more folks are buying from CarMax and off eBay and Craigslist and Kijiji. And their customers all lie to them too. :P

Smart Shopper is full of stories....

You did good!...and yu are correct who cares about 150 miles when you are making a considerable saving.
    Wyne Mazda,and I guess a few others, do have the etching already printed in the sales slip....this is a shame....
  • unixxusunixxus Posts: 97
    Mazda has released the 2008 pricing information for the CX-9. Seems like there is a price increase for all models.

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/pdf/pricing_update/CX9-2008-pricing.pdf
  • chikoochikoo Posts: 3,008
    http://www.mazda.com/publicity/release/2007/200706/070612.html

Mazda Awarded First Place in Auto Bild Magazine’s “Quality Report” for the Third Year Running

HIROSHIMA, Japan— Auto Bild, Germany’s largest car magazine, has ranked Mazda in first place in its highly respected “Quality Report” for 2007, which was published on June 8. This was the third straight year that Mazda has been awarded first place in this annual report.
  • carlitos92carlitos92 Posts: 458
    FRANKFURT, Germany - This is the 47th straight year Mazda has not sold a CX-9 in the German market.
  • satwarsatwar Posts: 6
    Review of Canadian 2008 CX-9 models

Canadian Driver Review
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    Wayne Mazda does not have any 2008 CX-9's in stock. No one does. They have a bunch on order, as does everyone else.

They are the biggest dealer in the country, but, they are on the east coast. The west coast dealers usually get vehicles first, especially since the CX-9's come from Japan.