Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus IS Maintenance and Repair

167891012»

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,669
    Here's some advice for you:

http://www.edmunds.com/industry-car-news/toyota-recall.html

VISITING HOST

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• mmmmotommmmoto Posts: 3
    I put Continental DWS tires on my 2006 IS 250 AWD and have been very happen. Decent traction in snow with decent handling at a smokin price. MUCH better than the crappy Dunlops that came standard on the car.

Only problem is they are now very hard to get, as Continental severely under-estimated what the demand would be for this tire.

Good luck! :shades:
  • masnmasn Posts: 7
    Hello guys,

I have a IS250 2006 bought it new on Nov 2005, I lived in Florida and 1 - 1 1/2 months ago my car started to get a mildew strong odor coming from the AC unit, also small 'green foam-like pieces' started to fly thru the vents at least once a day. :sick:

I keep my car inmaculate clean so I don't know what this can be, I'm afraid to go the dealer have them open the console and then to told me that my extended warranty would not cover it. :cry:

Are guys heard about this before? any healp would be appreciate it.
  • gordongjgordongj Posts: 23
    I had the same smell in my previuos Honda Accord. Solution was to change the a/c air filter and the smell was gone. I hope that is all it is with your IS 250.
  • HI all- I have a 2009- is250 awd, The check engine light has been coming on for the past 6 months- The dealership has had it in and out of service 4 different times- 1st- they said it was carbon build up on the engine- they had it for a week at that point- The after a few days when i got it back - the light came on again - 2nd time they said the engine needed a top cleaning- they it- and sure enough 2-3 days later the light came back on again- the 3rd time- They changed the spark plugs and a few other things- gas cap ect.... NOW they have my car again- its been 3 weeks-

They are saying its a fuel pressure issue- They are faxing reports to a tech in California- to figure it out- The Service is telling me- " The car is in the final stage before they call Corporate to get he ball rolling on the Lemon law and give me a new one-

Can Anyone out here tell me if they have experienced anything like this with Lexus? I am completely frustrated and disappointed-

Thank you
    Ed
    Based on your listing of what was done, I'd say the big problem here is incompetence on the part of the people trying to fix the car. Carbon buildup on a modern, nearly new car? Pretty wild guess. And how is fuel pressure related to spark plugs and a gas cap? Somebody over there needs to go back to school or, if not that, do a better job of communicating to you. What you've reported doesn't make a lot of sense given all the diagnostic tools available to the dealer.

Can you access another dealership?

Based on your listing of what was done, I'd say the big problem here is incompetence on the part of the people trying to fix the car. Carbon buildup on a modern, nearly new car? Pretty wild guess. And how is fuel pressure related to spark plugs and a gas cap? Somebody over there needs to go back to school or, if not that, do a better job of communicating to you. What you've reported doesn't make a lot of sense given all the diagnostic tools available to the dealer.

Can you access another dealership?

• ivan_99ivan_99 Posts: 1,676
    I had that issue with my Audi years ago. They replace an O2 sensor...but the light came back on again.

Turns out my wife wasn't tightening the gas cap enough; after I told her '3 clicks' it never came back on.
  • jccai1jccai1 Posts: 106
    My car is a RWD model with the standard suspension. When I reverse, especially down a slight grade, the front brakes squeak fairly loudly. But the brakes make no noise when braking in the forward direction. The car has about 28k miles. Does this sound like I need new pads? Anyone else has had this problem?
  • Fuel injection Problems- Lexus is buying the car back and refunding ALL the lease payments ect.. Which is great-

I am at odds on what to do next- The sales mgr gave me a call to come in and talk about getting me into a new LEXUS- at a " VIP" rate- what ever that means- What do I ask for? What should I be looking for? I am just confused at this point on the next right action-

All help is appreciated -

thank you
    Not being a mechanic...why are they buying the vehicle back for fuel injection problems?

Were there other problems that were caused by this?

I'm assuming this was a 2010/2011...since they are buying it back...

You must like it since you just purchased it...I see no problem picking another off the lot. You'd just have to do the negotiations all over again...checking the Edmunds TMV...plus what you think the VIP rate is worth.

Unless you venture onto another Manufacturers lot....the IS is beginning to look a bit dated compared to some of the new vehicles...
  • The car is a lease- thats what they call it- a "buy back" - Once a new car under 12k miles is in the shop 3 times for the same issue- It a lemon according to the NY state lemon law-

I do like the car- it suit my life style just fine- I drove all other cars in it's class- Nothing I really liked-
  • kb20003kb20003 Posts: 1
    First off, Don't believe them when they tell you it is in the final stages before they call corp. THey NEVER CALL CORP! Secondly, Lexus Corp does not respond to this issue. I have not only followed the guidelines in my manual and notified Lexus of this exact issue, I contacted My state New Motor Vehicles Board that mediates for the consumer and still nothing after 3 attempts by them to resolve. My car has been in the shop with the exact same issue and fixes ++++ a total of 8 times now! I have had every explanation from there is 2 drivers in my household to I must be putting poor fuel in to the spark plug issue etc etc etc. MY ADVICE, get a lawyer fast. Don't wait and don't believe that Lexus will just step up and do the right thing. If the car stalls.. don't turn it off right away if it is safe... the main thing is to get the codes to store in the computer. Secondly, make sure that when you take it in to the dealership that ALL work orders have your symptoms written on the work order to your satisfaction BEFORE leaving the dealership. As well, make sure that when you pick up the vehicle that the repair is stated clear as well and that they "have fixed " the issue. Keep all records and if you can, use your smart phone to tape the car when it acts up! Hope this helps... I just had to file court papers myself today as Lexus has ignored my attourneys request to settle. GOOD LUCK
  • call NCDS- 800-777-8119 or 586-2262470- They will help you- They helped me as Lexus is buying my car back-
  • bree7bree7 Posts: 2
    I've got a July 2007 registered Lexus IS300. It has been serviced every 5,000km. It currently has 55,000km on the clock. Last week the touch screen died. I have been quoted almost
    $ 6000 to replace the touch screen. Along with the screen, i almost died. WHAT??? i live in the Middle East. My car is out of the 3yr warranty. I bought a car that i thought would last a long time, be reliable and would be money well spent. At the moment i feel like i should have bought a Hyundai or a KIA. Has anyone else heard of this problem - if so, i'd appreciate some info. The engineer who looked at it implied it was a design fault and that the warranty had now been corrected.. i need to know because i am going in to battle over this with the dealer. Thanks!
    I have noticed that the finish on the alloy wheels on my 2007 IS 250 AWD with 37,000 miles is "blistering". 2 of the wheels are worse than the other 2. Has anyone else experienced this problem? My warranty expires in 2 months.
  • dennydenny Posts: 17
    I have noticed the same problem on my 2008 IS250 but haven't asked the dealer about it yet. I have an 2008 M/B that does not have the problem at all so I am concluding that the Lexus alloy wheels are a poor quality product.
  • husam81husam81 Posts: 1
    dear did you found any solution. because i have also IS300 2008 and everything was working fine but after cleaning the car in cleaning station (full cleaning with polish for exterior and interior) now touch screen not working at all, only side buttons, sometimes when i press the side navigation button and i touch the screen it will move the map only down but for climate and other setting no response at all..

need your help pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee
  • bree7bree7 Posts: 2
    Hi there.. i know, it is a nightmare. Some of your buttons work the screen.. mine didn't at all. After getting the astronomical quote, I went back the next day and sat in the Lexus dealer and spoke to the service manager. I told him how upset i was at buying a Lexus that went wrong after 50,000 km and that i might as well have bought a Hyundai or Kia.. and i felt very let down by the brand name and so forth...I'd bought the car to last me a good ten years and that's why i'd paid top dollar.
    He wrote an email to the head of his section saying i was a good customer, had servicing done at every exact recommended km and that this touch screen "was a known problem" and would they replace it for free. I actually said i'd be happy to pay labor charges but not parts. Within 24hrs he came back and said they've agreed to replace the entire screen for FREE!!
    So it pays to be nice, respectful and communicative when you're in the service manager's office, afterall it wasnt his fault it crashed!
    I am absolutely thrilled and i really hope that it works out for you. Give it a go. I feel sure that they didn't just replace it because of me... i think it must be a design fault and indeed the first engineer that looked at it, alluded to the fact that it was a design fault and they'd replaced "several"..
    GOOD LUCK!
    Last December the power door lock on driver's door stopped working. Dealer replaced the "module" and no more problems - at least with that door lock. Now the power lock on the passenger front door has stopped working and the dealer has ordered the replacement part for that. Has anyone else had this problem? My car has only 34,000 miles on it and the warranty expires in July, but it concerns me what it might cost me to keep this car in repair from things that should not be going wrong in the first place.
    As a follow-up to my query re: blistering finish on the wheels of my '07 iS 250, I emailed the service manager at the dealership and got a quick reply back saying that they would replace all 4 alloys - and they did. What I found surprisiing was that they just took my word for it without even asking to see the wheels first. Now that's service!
  • Hi there, I've got the exact same issue with my car which is only 35,000km.
    Who is the agent who replaced the screen for you for free I'm in Dubai the agent here is Al Futaim motors.
    Thx a lot for sharing your experience
    Zaidoun
  • Lords the problem of the dashboard sticky has plagued me too for some time.
    I asked the cost of a new dashboard UNBEARABLE!
    I asked the owner of a car wash the cost to solve the problem 300 EURO!
    I thought the use of a degreaser and put so pasienza to remove all that sticky substance from the dashboard to bring my car to the state of a car of the early eighties!

I found this product STARDUST!

http://cgi.ebay.it/STICKY-DASHBOARD-CAR-CLEANER-SPRAY-RENEW-INSTRUMENT-PANEL-RIN- NOVA-CRUSCOTTO-/180732101651?pt=Ricambi_automobili&hash=item2a14790413#

Today my car and as I had bought with half an hour of work.

sincerely
  • fkongfkong Posts: 11
    Hello all. Just got an IS350 w/ F-Sport package and Nav about 3 weeks ago on a lease, with less than 800 miles on the car. But the steering wheel seems off-centered. Did anyone suffer from this? Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :confuse:
  • The car would come from the manuf. perfectly aligned ..... so either someone hit a curb parking or something more serious happened at the front end. Either way, take it to the dealer and make sure your concerns are noted on the invoice ..... that's for your protection. Look for uneven tire wear .... might be a bit early to spot anything but check anyway. While there go to the showroom and check the steering wheel alignment of cars on the floor.

Let us know what happens.... most dealers are good about helping customers ... why not, it keeps u coming back.

KC
  • fkongfkong Posts: 11
    Got back from the dealer this afternoon. They say the steering is fine. But the sensitivity of the steering could cause me to think the steering is off-centered. They also said that when I take it in for the 1k service, if I still think it is off-centered, they will have someone go with me so I can show them what's up. I sure hope it's the sensitivity of the steering. Keeping my fingers crossed.
  • I own a 2008 Lexus IS 250. I've owned it since late 2009. Just brought my car in for an oil change and they said I need new front brakes. They showed me the pads and I guess they looked low compared to a model they had of new pads. I had my front pads replaced 6/12/11 and it's now Oct 2012. It looks like they wrote my mileage on the receipt, but I'm not positive (it's listed under license No, but it's obv not my license #)...40,815...my mileage now is a little over 50k...I thought brake pads should last closer to 30,000 miles?? I found it interesting when I first was told I needed new brakes that I got, not only different price quotes for the repairs, but that each shop (local mechanics, midas, etc) told me that I needed different things. Some said just front brakes, some said front and back. Some said new rotors or rotor resurfacing, some just pads...Called the dealer who put the pads on in 2011 and said it seems kinda soon to need new pads and he said to bring it in and he'd take a look at it. Any advice?
    Also, after reading the tips on brakes on this website, one article said you can wait until you hear a squeeking noise from the metal in the pads, which is there to tell you it's time to replace. Another article said you should try to time it before that happens...any suggestions?
  • gvbgvb Posts: 40
    I was just told by someone in the service department that Lexus no longer makes car covers for their vehicles??? Is that true? Not everyone has a garage to park in when going to work. Anyone else have trouble finding a car cover?
  • bought a 2007 IS250 to do me the rest of my life. About 3 months ago holes started coming in my dash. I called Corp Lexus had the dealership send pictures. They decided to not replace my dash, because I had not had my service done at the dealership. It is some very crappy material that the dash is made out of or holes would not come in the dash. I have never had a car do this. I recommend not paying the high price for a Lexus, get something else a little Cheaper
    I have spent my hard money for a nice car that has holes in the dash. Can't sell it or trade it; I strongly recommend buy anything other than a Lexus much cheaper car that is built of better material
    I feel Corp Lexus should replace mydash regardless where it was serviced
    I had that on my (now sold) 2006 IS. It was 'sort of' a hole...there were cracks that developed and little chunks fell out making little holes.

Funny thing (not really) they started to appear almost the instant my CPO warranty expired :) I don't think it would have been covered anyway...

I'm in a hot southern state so I thought maybe it needed a sun-shade, that I didn't use, or some type of conditioning. There was no real warning...they just appeared one day.

I tried to search online for some type of epoxy, but couldn't find anything that would work.
167891012»