Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Accord Brake Questions

1141516171820»

Comments

• BobL242BobL242 Posts: 29
    Has anyone had the brake problems with the 2011 or 2012 Accord? Thinking of trading in my current car and getting the Accord Sedan.Thanks in advance for any replies.
  • amojebaamojeba Posts: 17
    Family member just got a 2012 accord recently (I drive an 09 accord). I drove it, and it seems to brake better than my 2009. But only time will tell as to how long the brakes will last.
    It usually takes a year or 2 to find out.
  • nzonnzon Posts: 1
    I love my 2009 Accord V6....however the brake pads and rotors are definitely a problem. I had a 1995 Nissan Maxima which I drove 400,000 kms before I had to replace the rotors due to minimum tolerance. I never had to have them machined and they never warped. I averaged about 140,000 kms per set of rear pads and 80,000 kms for front pads same driver "me" with same type of driving and driving habits. Downshift coming down hills to avoid heating up etc. etc. With the Accord and 40,000 kms and rear pads were totally worn out so I installed a good quality set myself at a cost of around $30. The fact that the rear pads went first is very odd as the fronts still had 60% left on them. Then at 60,000 kms the front rotors are warped which I have driven till 99,000 kms which has irritated me to the point of dealing with it this week. Again great car but I am pricing out some high end performance rotors for the front and some good pads as I know if I take the rotors to honda and have them machined they are just going to warp again. As I am installing the rotors and pads myself the cost should be less than $300 so overall as the car as not so much as had a light bulb burn out I am still happy. However honda should own up and contact all owners to offer to upgrade pads and replace any warped rotors with better quality ones and last but not least re-balance the distribution of the braking power more to the front which I suspect is causing the premature wear on the back. I am not even going to bother going to honda dealer as they will say it is probably because of my driving habits that this has happened....but I know it's the materials and engineering of the braking system.....
  • raforanraforan Posts: 3
    edited September 2012
    Brake noise and Tarrytown, NY Honda refuses to check without charging. I would never buy a Honda again from tarrytown. Wost service and left me with no pick up ride on Friday. They sell cars then just don't care and want to charge you for waranty service on a new car! Promise to drop you off and then pick you up, and then at 4 PM say sorry find your own way to dealership. DO NOT BUY CARS FROM TARRYTOWN, NY HONDA!!!!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    Your dealership experience will be of much more value to readers if you write it in our dealership reviews section here:
    http://www.edmunds.com/dealer-reviews/

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Hi Kirstie (re 2008 Accord)
    just to advise that your readers will get absolutely NO help from Honda or it's dealers! Having had the rear pads renewed twice and the rotors turned twice we are now told that the whole rear end has to be replaced (rotors, calipers and pads, $900!!) Our vehicle goes to a workshop in a relatively small town and the mechanic tells us that 8 other Honda owners have the same problem! I have contacted Honda and of course they are not interested in helping out! We have been told to expect this problem to continue as there are no updated parts to rectify it. Any interested parties should contact me as I am planning a lawsuit!! NEVER again will I buy Honda!!
  • I just had my back brakes done on my 2010 Accord Coupe at 35,800 miles. The dealership said they were so bad that it was dangerous to be driving with them that way. I was told by several people that the brakes should last at least 60,000 miles. I am with you. I will not buy another Honda either. If you do get a lawsuit going let me know.
  • My Honda Accord is 2009 from Japan.I can't tell now about my rear pads ,cause only few Kms done and still in good performance,but for 38,800 miles to be renew ..,i can't condemm Honda for that...Everage car has pads to be replaced at that normal 40,000 miles or less,the bad is when you mentioned that also the rear rotor has to be replaced,even in my Peguoet i replaced front discs after 60,000 kms....so the only complains about Honda Accord are the rear pads and the rotor discs....no carin the world is set to be Perfect!!!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    Just a note - we don't permit using the forums to organize legal action, so please don't post contact info for a lawsuit in the forums. Thanks!

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• I was just told I need new rear brakes on my 2010 Accord (purchased Oct 2009) at 27,071 miles. I spoke with the service manager who gave me a big song and dance about how my driving habits were causing the wear. I told him I was concerned that this was a continuation of the 2008-2009 models premature brake wear problem Honda settled in a lawsuit. I said I wanted to speak with the District Representative. He wouldn't give the contact info for the Rep, but said he'd contact him on my behalf. The next morning the service manager called and offered me 50% off a $200 brake job (replace rear pads). If you have problems, don't hesitate to ask to speak with the District Representative. Be informed and know your rights (you have the right to speak directly with the Rep no matter what the dealership tries to tell you). I'm taking them up on their offer, but am also contacting Honda America directly. This is my first Honda - and my last.
  • I have serious problems with my rear pads going out every 18K. No wonder Honda settled at the court earlier paying people with brake problems. I will NEVER deal with them again. Last car from Honda. Terrible customer service over a made in China $25 brake pads. They spend millions in commercials then lose them for free online and in social media over a $25 brake pads. Rear brake pads are notorious wearing out 5 times faster. started 10mm both front and rear, 17.5K and fronts are 8mm rear is 2mm (almost touching the rotors) faulty brake pads.
  • They have terrible customer service. They sound great until tehy sell you the vehicle and then ignore you. I have the same problem. have to change rear pads on my Accord 2010 in just 18K. Fronts are 8mm and rear pads are 2mm. they both started with 10mm new pads. Honda America does nto care. They know the weight is at front and front goes out before rear but they just don't want to replace their faulty brakes. They lost my business over $25 made in china brake pads. This is my last Honda for sure. I will post relentlessly on everywhere to let anyone know what Honda is up to. If you must get a Honda, make sure you get some other manufacturer brake pads. Terrible customer service !!!
  • I have serious problems with my rear pads going out every 18K. No wonder Honda settled at the court earlier paying people with brake problems. I will NEVER deal with them again. Last car from Honda. Terrible customer service over a made in China $25 brake pads. They spend millions in commercials then lose them for free online and in social media over a $25 brake pads. Rear brake pads are notorious wearing out 5 times faster. started 10mm both front and rear, 17.5K and fronts are 8mm rear is 2mm (almost touching the rotors) faulty brake pads.
  • RangergrlRangergrl Posts: 3
    Oh I'll definitely go in with you! I bought a 2010 accord and I only have 38k miles on it and have had to replace the front and rear pads, and now my master cylinder is going out! Of course they refuse to do a "goodwill repair" and it will cost me $500 to fix (at another certified Honda repair shop, not the dealership). I didn't buy a newer vehicle to put more money into it than I ever did with my 1992 accord (which I decided to sell at 286k miles on it, and it still runs around town with the kid I sold it to). This is just ridiculous and I will NEVER buy one again. My entire family is a honda family, but no more! I'd get better quality if I bought a Kia for goodness sakes!
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,626
    Don't knock Kia or Hyundai for that matter anymore. They've been producing some class leading products as of late and driving numerous rental vehicles, I've been very impressed and our next few vehicles will probably be from the Kia/Hyundai family. Good bye Honda here also!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• nakiarlnakiarl Posts: 1
    This is the second time I'm having to have my brakes replaced.
    I called Honda and they gave me this website because a class action lawsuit has reached a settlement:

http://www.accordsettlement.com/index.htm