Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Tundra Brakes Problems

2»

Comments

• Why why? buy these Toyota defective automobiles? Toyota have call back nearly all make and model of their automobile for having dangerous break problem, sludge explosive gas that can start a fire in Toyota Corollas, Lexus, Pirus, Toyota Camry, Toyota Tundra, Toyota Tocoma, automobiles that can also take you down the highway with speed over 125 MPH with out any breaks and also you can not switch off these defective Toyota Automobiles. Lexus RX350 will develop sludge and it also have a defective transmission. The Toyota RAV4 have a defective ECM Module that is use to control the shifting of the gears inside of the transmition. When this ECM module fail it also destroys the transmit ion costing the owner over $ 8000 dollars and new RAV4 with warranty Toyota would not repair the defective transmit ion. Toyota Scion have a defective break system that can get frozen in the cold states which will leave a driver with no breaks. In the winter season when some one is driving this defective Toyota Scion from Texas to New York. This person in this defective Toyota Scion will have no way of stopping this defective Toyota Scion. Toyota Motors USA SAID THAT THEIR 2006 to 2008 Toyota Camry have a Total Break Failer Problem. Toyota said that if you have these 2006 to 2008 defective Toyota Camry you should bring them into a Toyota dealer so that they can install a vacuum pump that will work with the break. One guy said he was driving a Toyota Tundra truck down the highway at thirty-five miles per hour when the front right wheel with the break drum and the other parts connected to the right front wheel came complete off the Toyota Tundra truck. He also said that the oil from the Toyota Tundra Truck was all over the highway where the truck had came to a stop. This truck had also caught a near by field on fire. The fire department was called and they had to put out this fire. Winter is coming you cannot drive these defective Toyota Automobiles with floor mat installed on the driver side. The driver side rug in your defective Toyota Automobile will be soaking wet with dripping snow water from your shoes or boots. When water from you shoes or boots soak through the driver side rug it will get onto the driver side metal floor which will rotten the driver side metal floor. Do not be supprise if wild driving your defective Toyota Automobile you found you self fall through the driver side flooring landing you in a sitting position on the highway or street! DO NOT PUT YOUR FAMILIES IN THESE DEFECTIVE TOYOTA AUTO MOBILES. Five people got killed in these defective Toyota Automobiles. Do your self and your families a favor. Sell all these defective Toyota Automobiles. Buy safe automobile buy a General Motors Truck or Car. There is a crash test that was done on all 2009 cars. Type into your computer chevy marlibu crash test and they have a YouTube Video of Chevy Marlibu crash test you will be very amaze with the Chevy Marlibu safety performance. They took a very small Toyota car like a Toyota Matrix and they smashed it into the Toyota Camry 2009 head on or front to front collision. That very small Toyota Car the size of the Toyota Matrix that they use to hit the Toyota Camry head on. This small car did allot of damage to the 2009 Toyota Camry. They did the same crash test for the Honda car.They took a Honda Civic and the crash it head on into a bigger Honda car. The Honda Civic smaller car destroyed the bigger Honda Car. All these tests was done at 40 MPH. Notice again THE VERY SMALL CARS that they use to hit the Toyota Camry and the Honda car head on. When they tested the Chevy Marlibu THEY USE A BIG STEEL 1959 CHEVY MARLIBU TO HIT THE CHEVY MARLIBU 2009 HEAD ON OR FRONT TO FRONT COLLISION. The 2009 chevy Marlibu destroyed the 1959 big steel Chevy Marlibu. The news reporter on CNN and other viewers of the test was amazed at the 2009 Chevy Marlibu performance and safety.
  • webgoodwebgood Posts: 95
    Uuuummmmmm...do you have any useful or cogent facts to bring to this discussion, or are you just venting?
  • You sound like a paid blogger. Good luck with that B. S.
  • theguzetheguze Posts: 2
    I have a 2004 Tundra w/two wheel dr, w/ABS. 75k miles.
    Two weeks ago I replaced a pair of warped rotors with some drilled and slotted rotors, adjusted the rears. The brakes work great
    . I now have an ABS? issue. If I come to a slow rolling stop, like you might when parking it, the ABS engages, though not always. The truck is probably going only a couple of mph at this time. I can feel the pulsation in the brake pedal and hear the system engage. The ABS sometimes still pulses for a second or two after the truck stops. This is the only time the ABS comes on for no reason.
    I checked the sensors, wire harness, bled brakes.
    Anybody have any ideas? Thanks!
  • Hi. did you ever find out what the problem was regarding the ABS engaging? I'm having the same issue with my 2001 Tundra (190K). I just had the front brakes, front and rear struts replaced along with a wheel bearing on the front left. Now, when I'm parking the ABS pump is engaging. My mechanic took it to Toyota and the diagnositic tests showed nothing! They have replaced the speed censor, but it's still happening. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • I have a 2005 Tundra truck with 97,000 miles on it. I just purchased the truck a few weeks ago but have had a problem with the brakes since day 1. The problem is a soft brake pedal that will not hold a firm brake when the brakes are applied. The pedal will "sink" about 2/3 the way to the floorboard and will stop the vehicle but the soft pedal does not instill confidence in the braking system. I have replaced the brake master cylinder and the vacuum booster (at a cost of almost $1600) but the pedal is still soft. It acts like there is air in the brake system, but bleeding of the brakes does not help. Anyone else experiencing any similiar problems?
  • I have the exact same issue with my 2005 tundra. Had the rear axle bearings replaced, along with the left rear speed sensor, now the abs kicks in at very low speed when braking. Did you ever figure out your problem?
  • I have a 2005 tundra. I was experiencing rear axle noise, so I was taking it to my mechanic. On the way there the abs light came on. Brakes were inspected and looked good. Rear axle was inspected and found the axle bearings were shot. The diagnostic machine also showed the left rear speed sensor was not working. Replaced the axle bearings and speed sensor, now when you brake at very low speeds the abs kicks in and the brake pedal pulsates and makes a noise from the abs kicking in. This happens about 50% of the time when you brake. Any ideas what's wrong? Anyone else have a similar problem? Thank's
  • nope, just gave up figuring it's a Toyota thing......thinking about trading it in on a new Ford truck...... :) :) :)
  • mickz1mickz1 Posts: 1
    did you ever get any thing to work on stoping the abs from being over sensitive on your tundra, I am experiencing the exact same issue.
    Mechanics are unable to figure it out.
  • try a set of pads from the dealer, if the pads are to hard you will get the abs to come on.
  • i had a 07 tundra,same problem , i kept bringing the truck into sun toyota,they kept telling me everythiung is ok .now the pedal is on the floor,finally at 16,000 miles the brake booster went,after the fix pedal remained on the floor,there answer,while the slapped the abs box under the hood was --toyota designed these brakes to be softer,there was prior complaints of the pedal being to hard ,i didnt buy that and sold the truck immediatly
  • I have a 2001 Toyota Tundra but the brake lights wont go out even with the engine turned off
  • drevsdrevs Posts: 4
    It's a known fact even with the new updates on the 03 on which my Tundra has on as well these problem's still occur.
    The Tundra has a pretty good stopping distance however they still have reported problems on brakes having vibes and wheel outset issues just common knowledge coming from this truck beyond that something we can live with.
  • warf1962warf1962 Posts: 1
    I have the same problem with my 2005 Toyota tundra tx edition, I had the driverside bearings replaced and now the brakes go all the way to the floor board. I have tried to bleed all the brakes in the order that the book says, and that still didn't work. I was about to buy a new master cylinder until I read your article. can you tell me if you got your problem fixed and if you did what did you do? THANK YOU!
  • I just had my rear wheel bearings replaced after 72k miles. Brakes were very spongy. I went back and they adjusted the rear brakes, adjusted the parking brakes, and bled the brakes at the wheels three times. They are definitely better but not right. If you drive more than 30 seconds and hit the brakes the pedal goes down 2/3rds. One pump and the pedal comes up to 1/3rd. My conclusion is there is still some trapped air. Replacement of the wheel bearings required removal of the back plates resulting in opening up the brake system so I don't know what else it can be. I did more research and learned about the proportioning valve mounted under the truck bed above the rear axle. I'm sure you all know about this guy - it has an arm that attaches to the rear axle housing. As you load the truck and compress the rear springs the arm moves, adjusting the valve to proportionally provide more braking to the rear wheels as the load in the bed increases. Apparently this animal has its own bleed port. I also read somewhere that air trapped in this valve can be tough to remove; maybe that's why it has it's own bleeder. Tomorrow I will go back to the mechanic and bleed the brakes yet again, but include this bleeder as well. I will report back on the results.
  • brakeboosterbrakebooster Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    brkae tundra brake booster problem?
    brake boosters fail because of several reasons. 1, the main body of the booster may become defective over time.1, damage on the power brake booster check valve may cause vacuum leaks. Three, leaks could also occur somewhere in the system, such as in the vacuum hoses. Leaks are the most common problems that cause a brake booster to fail. So, in case you encounter problems in the form of very hard brake pedal, the booster is one of the first things to check, and leaks are among the first problems that you need to find.
    and i know a good site ,they can give you more suggest on brake problems , http://www.fiverhope.com
    http://www.fiverhope.com/category-74-b0-Ford-brake-booster.html
2»