Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Tundra Brakes Problems

13»

Comments

• mickz1mickz1 Posts: 1
    did you ever get any thing to work on stoping the abs from being over sensitive on your tundra, I am experiencing the exact same issue.
    Mechanics are unable to figure it out.
  • try a set of pads from the dealer, if the pads are to hard you will get the abs to come on.
  • i had a 07 tundra,same problem , i kept bringing the truck into sun toyota,they kept telling me everythiung is ok .now the pedal is on the floor,finally at 16,000 miles the brake booster went,after the fix pedal remained on the floor,there answer,while the slapped the abs box under the hood was --toyota designed these brakes to be softer,there was prior complaints of the pedal being to hard ,i didnt buy that and sold the truck immediatly
  • I have a 2001 Toyota Tundra but the brake lights wont go out even with the engine turned off
  • drevsdrevs Posts: 4
    It's a known fact even with the new updates on the 03 on which my Tundra has on as well these problem's still occur.
    The Tundra has a pretty good stopping distance however they still have reported problems on brakes having vibes and wheel outset issues just common knowledge coming from this truck beyond that something we can live with.
  • warf1962warf1962 Posts: 1
    I have the same problem with my 2005 Toyota tundra tx edition, I had the driverside bearings replaced and now the brakes go all the way to the floor board. I have tried to bleed all the brakes in the order that the book says, and that still didn't work. I was about to buy a new master cylinder until I read your article. can you tell me if you got your problem fixed and if you did what did you do? THANK YOU!
  • I just had my rear wheel bearings replaced after 72k miles. Brakes were very spongy. I went back and they adjusted the rear brakes, adjusted the parking brakes, and bled the brakes at the wheels three times. They are definitely better but not right. If you drive more than 30 seconds and hit the brakes the pedal goes down 2/3rds. One pump and the pedal comes up to 1/3rd. My conclusion is there is still some trapped air. Replacement of the wheel bearings required removal of the back plates resulting in opening up the brake system so I don't know what else it can be. I did more research and learned about the proportioning valve mounted under the truck bed above the rear axle. I'm sure you all know about this guy - it has an arm that attaches to the rear axle housing. As you load the truck and compress the rear springs the arm moves, adjusting the valve to proportionally provide more braking to the rear wheels as the load in the bed increases. Apparently this animal has its own bleed port. I also read somewhere that air trapped in this valve can be tough to remove; maybe that's why it has it's own bleeder. Tomorrow I will go back to the mechanic and bleed the brakes yet again, but include this bleeder as well. I will report back on the results.
  • brakeboosterbrakebooster Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    brkae tundra brake booster problem?
    brake boosters fail because of several reasons. 1, the main body of the booster may become defective over time.1, damage on the power brake booster check valve may cause vacuum leaks. Three, leaks could also occur somewhere in the system, such as in the vacuum hoses. Leaks are the most common problems that cause a brake booster to fail. So, in case you encounter problems in the form of very hard brake pedal, the booster is one of the first things to check, and leaks are among the first problems that you need to find.
    and i know a good site ,they can give you more suggest on brake problems , http://www.fiverhope.com
    http://www.fiverhope.com/category-74-b0-Ford-brake-booster.html
13»