Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercury Milan vs Toyota Camry

Comments

• scape2scape2 Posts: 4,119
    I'm telling ya, this information/news release is going to send the Camry/Accord legions into a fit! Especially after they paid thousands of dollars more for a pereceived quality/reliability advantage! :surprise:
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,622
    Yeah, but it's fun watching them try to explain it...... ;)
  • mschmalmschmal Posts: 1,757
    Personally i think the Fusion just looks amazing. 10 years from now I think it will still look good.

Mark.
  • In my opinion both the Mercury Milan and Toyota Camry are nice cars but to me the Mercury Milan looks much better inside and out the Milans exterior design is sleeker and by far better looking the Camry looks like someone smashed it in the face with a baseball bat due to that stubby looking grille and since 2002 the Camry has always had that look. But to me the Milan looks more unique and personally i would rather stand out than blend in with the same old Camry and Accord and the Milan Offers features that the Camry doesn't like AWD (all wheel drive) and a 6 Speed Auto Transmission and L.E.D Taillights. But i have always been a Mercury Fan ever since i was a kid and no i am not 60 i am in my early 20s and I have not yet got a chance to drive a 07 Camry but about 2 weeks ago i drove a 07 Milan Premier V6 AWD and it was perfect that ride was excellent and it really hugs the curbs and me at 6'2 have plenty of head and leg room But the only flaw with the Mercury Milan is that it has the same interior/dash design the Fusion does and i think that Mercury should use different dash designs than Fords or at least use Lincolns because there more refined looking. Oh and another thing the Milan Premier V6 AWD is like only $26,500 and a 07 Camry XLE V6 is like $29,500 in my opinion go for the Mercury Stand out dont blend in with the rest ...
  • For me it always was a mystery why Mercury is incapable to come up with slightly more upscale interior that Ford. GM is able to do it - interior reflects brands mission. E.g. even though Malibu, G6 and Aura are essentially the same car, still interior in Aura is refined, in Malibu – plain vanilla and in G6 is sporty. Why Ford seems to have no clue when it comes to brand identity?
  • The most recent addition of the Motor Trend Magazine honors the 2007 Toyota Camry as the car of the year. It is the best blend of all key areas of what someone would typically want in a a family sedan. Most notable; performance, handling, interior quality, mileage, fit and finish, and a superb powertrain with 6 speed. Now the Milan is a fine car, but is still lacking in several of these categories. You may not like the styling of the Camry, but many do. It's a lot more aggressive than prior years. It will sell many more units than Ford and Mercury, but unfortunately we won;t see any 0% financing on them, because they are selling and they don;t need to give incentives, the car sells itself. With the new MTM endorsement, they won't be dickering on them either. Enjoy the ride.
    A Milan Premier V6 sells for about $2,000 LESS than a Toyota XLE 4 cylinder.

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/nvc/edmunds/VehicleComparison?op=0&tab=pricing&isbas- - ecar=false&modelid=&styleid=&refid=&maxvehicles=5&vehicleindex=&removestyle=&num- - Cars=2&just=center&disclaimer=false&modelId0=100516994&styleId0=100764367&modelI- - d1=100506010&styleId1=100699453

You enjoy your ride, I'll enjoy my $2,000, my 221hp, and the same 6 speed transmission that comes in the Avalon.

Oh and if you want to get really Bitchy, check out Consumer Reports Annual Auto issue. the 4 cylinder Toyota's reliability is WORSE than average...

In fact, in the 2006 J.D. Powers Vehicle Dependability Study, Mercury rated second after Lexus, Toyota was fourth after Buick and Cadillac.
    How does that taste!

Mark.
    I always feel empty after reading that rag.

Mark.
    Isn't this they guy who figured out he paid $4,000 more for his Camry than for a like optioned Milan Premier?? :sick:
  • I Totally Agree with you i mean i wouldn't think it would be that hard to make up a different dash design for Mercury than Ford its like you said if GM can do it for Saturn Buick and Pontiac you would think Ford could do it for Mercury just to make it look different from its Ford Cousin .. I wish Mercury would bring back interior like they used to have with the wood trims that actually looked real rather than some grey look plastic but i actually like the Satin trims on the dash looks good to me but i have always liked the wood better because Mercury is surpossed to be the Upscale Classy one Example Ford Five Hundred and Mercury Montego like the exterior style of Montego better but like the Five Hundreds interior better Cause Montego uses that cheap looking grey plastic wood and Ford uses the real looking wood just doesn't make any sense to me.. And it does not bother me that Mercury uses the same door and window designs that Ford does because Mercury is pretty much the same car but its supposed to be a Upscale Classy version of the Ford so the Exterior Similarities do not bother me but i really wish Ford would change Mercurys Interior style from the Ford ....
  • I attend sometime classic car events and found out
    Mercury interiors from 60s to be pretty cool compared with Ford - looking like futuristic spaceship kind of cockpit.
  • ch3456ch3456 Posts: 4
    Personally, I don't put much faith into American cars, with the exception of some GM vehicles.

Mercury Milan is just a Ford Focus with a different name badge. Just like Taurus and Sable were. They were both discontinued. Hmm.

I'm a big fan of Camry myself. It has a good reputation and is getting better each year. I'd be too scared to try a brand new car (unless it's like Sable... which I admit was a pretty decent car for the older folks! ;) )
    Of course the Milan is just a Fusion with different styling. Think of it as a trim package. It exists to keep the Lincoln Mercury dealers in business but it also gives the consumer an alternative to the Fusion styling.

And if you think the Camry is getting better then you haven't been paying attention.
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Posts: 3,855
    I think the ride is different, a bit softer in the mercury vs. Fusion. The steering feel is also much lighter in the mercury.

At least those were my impressions from test drives.

I am not sure why, but the seats also feel different to me.
    "Personally, I don't put much faith into American cars, with the exception of some GM vehicles.

Mercury Milan is just a Ford Focus with a different name badge. Just like Taurus and Sable were. They were both discontinued. Hmm.

I'm a big fan of Camry myself. It has a good reputation and is getting better each year. I'd be too scared to try a brand new car (unless it's like Sable... which I admit was a pretty decent car for the older folks! )"

LOL! Please come into the new millenium. Car reliabitliy is up, way up across the board. Get out on the internet and do the research yourself. Sounds to me like your relying soley on the media and PAST bashing of Ford/GM products. Toyota has had its share of problems also. Get out on the net they are there. I guess you didn't hear about the introduction slip of the Camry and its transmission issues huh? The media has had a hayday with Ford/GM in the last 10-20 years, bashing and bashing away. When Toyota/Honda have an issue, you don't hear about it. Now, don't get me wrong, Ford/GM have had some quality issues in the PAST and the media isn't soley to blame. But the bias is rampant.
    Take look at the reliability ratings over at MSN.com in their auto section. You will be pretty surprised on how reliable the Taurus/Sable actually are. Research before you come into a room claiming Ford/GM are still unreliable. ;)
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Posts: 1,653

I think the Millan is based off the Mazda 6 platform not the Focus...which will be based of the Mazda 3 soon (think it already is in the European Focus)

I don't think there was any platform sharing between the old Taurus/Sable and the Focus...
    He meant Fusion, not Focus. The point was the Milan is a sister vehicle to the Fusion just like the Sable was to the Taurus.
    ahh I see; makes sense.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,666
    "When Toyota/Honda have an issue, you don't hear about it. Now, don't get me wrong, Ford/GM have had some quality issues in the PAST and the media isn't soley to blame. But the bias is rampant."

That's funny, I hear about Honda and Toyota "issues", recalls, etc. all the time on TV, in newspapers, etc. In fact, I remember an article that was in the Wall Street about how Toyota was not happy about how many recalls they had recently, and what they were doing about it. I have not noticed any media bias, in MY opinion.
    I agree with scape2. Unless you're reading a business periodical the only recalls I hear on the local evening news are for domestics.
This discussion has been closed.