Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercury Milan vs Toyota Camry

Comments

• akirbyakirby Posts: 7,622
    It is getting better, especially with all the latest Toyota recalls. Reporters just think that Ford or GM having a recall is more newsworthy than Toyota or Honda.
  • nr9nr9 Posts: 55
    toyota camry is uglier and has a inferior chassis and suspension.

mercury milan is the bestest
  • stlpike07stlpike07 Posts: 218
    You should go test drive a V6 SE and I wonder if you'll make that same statement.

And, you said bestest........are you serious?
  • scape2scape2 Posts: 4,119
    You cannot deny the V6 in the Camry is tops in 0-60 performance. But, there is more to a car than 0-60. Value is where Toyota falls short. Remember the days when you bought a Toyota and actually spent less and got more? The Milan has better styling, hands down. I also believe a Milan premier would best a Camry in the twisties, SE or no SE Camry.. ;)
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    You cannot deny the V6 in the Camry is tops in 0-60 performance.

I'd list the MazdaSpeed 6 and Honda Accord V6 6-speed as speed competitors. The Nissan Altima V6 is as powerful as the Camry's as well.

I just realized, you probably meant between these two competitors only. My mistake.
  • Styling is your opinion. I don't like the styling and think it "looks" small.

Thats my opinion and obviously you will disagree. But that is okay because we are all entitled to our own opinions.
    Do you realize there is yet another comparison between the Fusion/Camry/Accord???? This time in California! 400 People and the Fusion won again!@ I sure wish the sedan comparision room would open so the Accord/Camry troops can explain how the Fusion won AGAIN!@ :shades
  • virusvirus Posts: 21
    I guess it's just a matter of opinion. The Fusion looks horrible to me. The Milan is much better and the Lincoln looks great. I still prefer the overall styling of the Camry SE.
  • kyrptokyrpto Posts: 216
    Test of Fusion/Camry/etc was skewed:
    The Ford was AWD vs. front drive for the others.
    The '07 Camry sales already past the half MILLION mark,
    something Ford can only dream about.
    And making marketing moves like changing the Ford 500 name to Taurus is questionable.
    All the folks who went for the 500 in its brief life will get even less if they trade.
    With Damlier-Chrysler looking to sell the Chrysler division will Ford next? It may be the only way it will stop bleeding money and introducing dated products like its Edge [heavy, seats only 5, poor MPG, ESC not standard].
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,622

That's perfectly valid since the others don't offer AWD and the prices of the competing vehicles were similar. For the same money you get AWD and better handling.

ESC not standard].

ESC IS standard. If you're going to rant at least get your facts straight.
  • I must say i have seen the commerials on tv and the Milan. Toyota is the #1 in sales and 78% of Toyota buyers return to purchase another one. If Ford was building the quality that Toyota has been, they would not be having money issues and poor sales. The trade value and ACV on the Toyota Camry is much better then the Ford line. That should tell you something.Honda does make a good product, but there again you are talking import.We test drove several cars, our options endless and we did not care what we spent, BUT are long as we got what we paid for. We bought and love the 2007 Toyota Camry SE fully loaded. We love it for all the reasons a fussy car owner would expect for a classy car. Toyota is not selling cars at record amounts if they were poor quality. :)
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Posts: 3,855
    Test of Fusion/Camry/etc was skewed:

That was kind of the point of the ad...to inform people that Fusion has AWD available.
  • kyrptokyrpto Posts: 216
    Toyota customers have much better choice for AWD than Ford/Mercury - we know first hand as an '06 Highlander hybrid is our other car. It will be years before Ford is able to build a SEVEN passenger, AWD vehicle that can reach 60 in under 7 seconds and get 26 - 27 MPG.
    No rant here, just facts except for the VSC error. I'm glad Ford is finally adopting VSC - I have already owned 5 vehicles from Toyota/Scion - ALL of them had/have VSC. The Highlander's VDIM is probably the best overall VSC program around and is included on the Camry Hybrid.
    My wife is commuting in our new Camry LE 4 cyl. and has already gotten one tankful at 30 mpg.
    Toyota customers have much better choice for AWD than Ford/Mercury

Sorry, but that is just a ridiculous comment for a number of reasons.

This discussion is comparing two sedans.

There is a wagon version of the Fusion, as well...it is called Edge. So that would be the Highlander competitor.

Finally, I doubt a Highlander is comparably priced to AWD Milan/Fusion.
    So I guess the Camry/Accord having stability control is ok? Data not skewed, escpecially 2x, 2 different tests, 2 different locations, East coast/West Coast, 600 people/400 people, NOT PAID BY Ford either. I ask again.. Because McDonalds sells more burgers than Wendys does it make it better? Nope.. Fusion sales are up 46 percent by the way.. :shades:
    Get out on the net do some searching yourself. There are plenty of peeved off Toyota owners out there along with Recalls/TSB's ect. I have to really wonder if the media is placating a giant. Yes Toyota has lots of $$$ because they over charge for their vehicles. I know of a person who paid $22,500 for a Camry SE 4cyl! I paid just $23,000 for my Fusion SEL V6 loaded with leather, sunroof, heated seats the works.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,666
    And I know one who paid only $21,100 for his SE 4 cylinder automatic.

The reason Toyota has tons of money is because they are producing what the consumer wants, and they have consistently been exceptional in the car business.
    When I was in grad school, Toyota was the benchmark for a well-run manufacturing company, and we studied their methods all the time, just like other companies still do.

The Fusion is a good car for some, the Camry a good car for others. It really is just a personal preference. :)
    And I know one who paid only $21,100 for his SE 4 cylinder automatic.

That is supposed to be a bargain, I guess.

I paid $16,000 for my 4 cyl Mazda6 automatic (mid level trim) and I know someone who paid about $18,000 for the top trim level 4 cyl automatic Mazda 6. I think Fusion/Milans sell for similar prices, if you factor in the value of discount financing.
This discussion has been closed.