Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Santa Fe vs Toyota RAV4 vs Mazda CX-7 vs Ford Edge

Comments

• joe97joe97 Posts: 2,248
    I have driven both the Edge and Santa Fe extensively and both were winners. Between the two, I would have to give the edge (no pun intended) to the Santa Fe. I do feel the Santa Fe has a better overall package, in terms of comfort, quietness, build quality, pricing, warranty, to name a few.

Actually, I believe SF's second row is pushed forward to accomdate the available (and adequate) third row. Still, the second row did not feel crowded in the SF; actually, volume behind 1st row with rear seats folded down the Santa Fe has a signifcant edge (again, no pun intended): 78.2 cu. in. for SF vs. 69 for the Edge. Also, the Santa Fe gains significant room over the Edge in the front row, which is one of the reasons the Santa Fe felt that much more comfortable for me in my month long tests between the two.
  • mcq1mcq1 Posts: 103
    We want the limited with nothing else added to it but we haven't seen any in the lots so I guess we have to order one but I am sort of waiting until end of december first of january to get some extra savings. I love love the vapor silver metalic with the charcoal interior.
    I agree the rear seat leg room is pretty nice and overall just a nice solid comfortable vehicle. I give Ford thumbs up for the EDGE!!!
    CONGRATS..
    We just got out Edge limited with Sync. I love it. It handles like a champion. It felt good to buy American. Hurray for FORD...
  • If by "American" you mean the Western Hemisphere, you are correct, but the Edge is built in Canada. Santa Fe is built in the US.
  • somedai1somedai1 Posts: 416
    and both probably have a multitude of japanese parts....
    Oh well I was referring to the company FORD...not a korean company. Of course they have many foreign parts.
    I still rather have the EDGE than the SANTA FE...my choice. Thanks.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Japanese? Did you mean Korean, perhaps?

I'm sure both use parts from all over the world, though odds are most parts are sourced from the US and Canada.
    I really love my new Edge. I am glad that I bought it instead of the Santa Fe.
    the edge does look good - how is it for space and 3rd row and cargo space comparing to santa fe?

certain colors make it look like garbage tho' - but i guess that's every car...
    what's really be cool is if they gear it toward the performance minded and give it the mustang engine!
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    No 3rd row in the Edge
    Try a Taurus X or a Mazda CX9 if you want a 3rd row.
    there's a taurus with a 23rd row?! wow... they are normally ugly - but the latest model doesn't look that bad....

which mazda is the ford edge identical to?
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,622
    It's not identical to anything. The Edge and the CX-9 share the same platform but it's not identical by any means. More like cousins than siblings.
    Taurus X is the new name for the Ford Freestyle wagon. It got a new powertrain too, though (3.5l and 6EAT to replace a 3.0l and CVT).
    Cargo space is nice. There is plenty of room in the 1st and 2nd row. It is very roomy and comfortable. You don't get a third row. I didn't need one. If you want a 3rd row I would look at the CX9.
  • Consumer Reports really liked the Ford Taurus "X", even when it was the Freestyle.

With the new V6 and 6 speed ATX it is probably a pretty nice ride and it would get better gas mileage than the Edge.
  • hardhawkhardhawk Posts: 702
    The Taurus X now has the exact same powertrain that the Edge has. Since it weighs more, I would suspect that the X does not get better mileage than the Edge.
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    The Edge and the CX-9 share the same platform but it's not identical by any means. More like cousins than siblings.

Distant cousins, twice removed is more like it.
    wow - i just saw this taurus x - is it the freestar revisited?
This discussion has been closed.