Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Classic Car Shows and Events

Comments

• fintailfintail Posts: 32,914
    D'oh...no wonder I didn't find you when I was looking for a blue car :shades: ...I figured I would look at the blue 66s and one would have some note about the owner being from SW WA, and it would be you. Oh well. Congrats on your award.

One thing I wonder about at that venue, among the pine trees...don't the cars get pine sap on them in the warm weather? That would drive me insane.

I did see the resto mods, yes...what I remember most were a couple Shelby "GT-E" cars which are pretty mean looking.
  • euphoniumeuphonium Great Northwest, West of the Cascades.Posts: 3,305
    pine sap can be a problem when it is hot enough. Luck had the hardtop (coupes) parked in the center of the lot without any shade trees to drip.

Next Sunday we go to Port Orchard - "Mustangs on the Waterfront" is very scenic with cool breezes blowing on shore during a sunny day. It is a smaller, but very fun show with the usual same good natured entrants to visit.

Euph-
  • MrShift@EdmundsMrShift@Edmunds Posts: 43,648
    A little ice water takes sap off quite nicely.
    And in the process, I'd be tempted to mix a little of it with something. ;)
    That's my preference---when i get obsessed with using Q-tips to clean my AC vents, I just step back and have a few cold beers and soon I really don't care anymore.

I mean, god bless 'em, 68 Chevelles are not Bugattis---they can get a little dirty without the world coming to an end.
    I couldn't help but thinking when I was there that those nicely and sometimes perfectly restored cars were going to need a detail after being under those trees. Then again, I have a fixation about smooth paint - maybe everyone else doesn't share this. I run my hands on the flat parts of my car often to ensure it is clean. I'm a little OCD, I admit :shades: When I was there I was sure to find a parking area away from the trees.

Ice water...I will remember that. Maybe if I wrap ice cubes in a washcloth and give the car a good wipedown?

The Bellevue Mustang show is a good event for this area, which generally has little car show culture aside from the Kirkland Concours in September (highly recommeded). There was a Buick Nationals a few years ago...hopefully that will come back too.
    edited July 2010
    For AC vents & other small orifices, I found the vacuum brush works very quickly. The bristles are long enough and soft enough & the vacuum can suck chrome off the bumper. Using Q Tips frustrates me.
  • texasestexases Posts: 5,424
    Congrats on the Mustang award - any pics to be viewed?
    Thanks for the Congrats & now I wish I knew the process of submitting pics on this website. :confuse:
    Okay...first you have to place your pix on a server (you can't upload from your computer at this time) and copy the URL. If you use photobucket, etc, make sure you have granted access to everyone (no passwords). You can also use your Carspace page if you've created one here (www.carspace.com).

Then, you go to the message reply box just like you always do, and click the "IMG" button down below here. After the first click, you paste in the URL of your photo; after the second click, you'll see "link title"---you erase that with backspacing and then add your own title BETWEEN the arrows.

If you want, you can practice with an image of a car you found on Google.
    did you get it yet?
    ; after the second click, you'll see "link title"---you erase that with

I have yet to see "link title" come up.

Sorry, but I don't get it.
    Okay, it IS confusing.

E-mail me and we'll get it done.
    edited August 2010
    Went to the local MBCA show today and Took a few pics

You can see both of my beasts there.

Oddest thing was probably an 18K mile 6.3, and a 6.9 Frankenbenz with powertrain put in a SWB W116.

Insanely hot day for here, 95+ in the suburbs...fintail did not like 75mph highway driving, temp gauge shot up, went lower when I got down to or below the limit.
  • texasestexases Posts: 5,424
    Me no-see-um...
  • fintail needs radiator boiled out perhaps?
    I was thinking something like that yeah, something seems clogged maybe, or perhaps the thermostat isn't working right. I know it has been flushed in the past 5-8 years, maybe sooner.