Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What about Volvo's future?

12345679»

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,939
    Pretty car but obviously the person writing the headlines never owned a P1800.

"OFFICIAL
    Volvo Concept Coupe is brand's 'next-generation P1800' "

I hope this is just marketing language. The P1800 was a tough little car but in terms of engineering, comfort and performance, it was 10 years behind the times.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,891
    Pretty good and it sounds like Volvo is going back to emphasizing safety.

"The company is also hiring a new ad agency and working on a bolder message emphasizing Volvo's reputation for safety. One idea that could make it into the company's ads: Volvo's internal goal of having no deaths or serious injuries in new Volvo cars by 2020.

Volvo plots return to the US market next year (stltoday.com)

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• Polestar S60/V60

Not sure about the Blue but it love the Silver and the White. Can't wait to try one of these, especially the wagon!
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,891

"Volvos produced in China will be exported to the U.S. market "fairly quickly," Hakan Samuelsson, CEO of Volvo Car Corp. said at the Automotive News World Congress.

Samuelsson, 62, would not give a target date but indicated that Volvo is in a unique position to use China as a manufacturing and export base, because it is owned by the Zhejiang Geely Holding Group, which purchased the brand from Ford Motor Co. in 2010."

Volvos made in China to come to U.S. 'fairly quickly,' says CEO (Automotive News)

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• fintailfintail Posts: 34,294

There's one car off my list.

Comparing smartphones to premium cars? How do these execs ascend as they do? Mindblowing.

@Stever@Edmunds said: "Volvos produced in China will be exported to the U.S. market "fairly quickly," Hakan Samuelsson, CEO of Volvo Car Corp. said