Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Neon vs Dodge Caliber

2»

Comments

• faroutfarout Posts: 1,609
    We have owned three Neons a 1996, 2001 and a 2004. All have gotten more than 33 miles a gallon on a trip. The back seat was for children only as it is a tight squeeze. But the car was less than 2700lbs and the engine with a real automatic transmission worked great. We still have the 1996 and it has 195700 miles on it.
    I know that a Jeep Compass is some what different from a Caliber, but both have the same basic underpinnings. We bought a 2007 Compass 2.4 L AWD. The engine was gutless! The weight was more than 3300 lbs. The CVT is a sad excuse for a transmission! The CVT is as cheap answer to cut costs! Yes the back seat seats adults, but at what cost? We got 20 to 23 mpg and the best was 24 mpg. The Caliber, Patriot, and the Compass have really cheap plastic and will never measure up in gas economy as the neon did. Chrysler/Dodge needs to produce a car that gets an honest 30+ mpg.
    We traded in the Compass for a 2007 Chrysler pacifica AWD Touring and it gets 22 to 24.3 mpg and weighs 4500+ lbs. Something sure seems odd to me here! The pacifica has quality interior and plastic that looks grate and fit and finish are tops. Too bad this is the last year for them (08)!
    That's my dollars worth of opinion.

farout
  • faroutfarout Posts: 1,609
    Just thought I would add that the Compass may well be in it's last year as Chrysler LLC,. is triming down it's line. The Compass should go!!! So should the CVT in all three types of vehicles.

farout
  • What are u talking about? I don't think the Neon has any wind noise and tho it doesn't have the greatest leg room, the seats are really comfortable.
  • mudroachmudroach Posts: 1
    Why is it that the neon srt4 got no real valve upgrades? Why not make it either just srt6 or srt6 and srt4? The chrysler crossfire got srt6 and every dodge vehicle got at least a 2 valve upgrade. What gives!!!?? The only reason this bothers me is my first car is a neon and I wish I had an srt4.
2»
This discussion has been closed.