Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

4-Wheel Drive vs. 2-Wheel Drive Trucks

Comments

• mgdvhmanmgdvhman Posts: 4,162
    don't pay attention to the trash of Bamat...he can't convince anyone else is other topics...so he has come here.
    Chevrolet are the longest lasting trucks on the road today. Which do you see more of?...T100's (also known as Mid-size Tundra) or Chevy/Ford Full sizes?..

I rest my case...

Chevy V-8 it is!

Good choice

- Tim
  • bigsnagbigsnag Posts: 394
    but if you want something that will out-run, out-tow, and out-handle a Chevy, then get the Ford. ;)
    Hey..I just seen a Tundra!!...hear below where..

www.teleweb.net/mgdvhman/Toy.wav

- Tim
  • RoclesRocles Posts: 985
    My 5.4 is sucking gas at 12mpg. Who cares? Gas is STILL CHEAP.
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    I figured you would select the Chevy...highest mpg in it's class for the V8's. Previous experience with Fords...we've all had them...and I don't doubt that Toyota makes a good truck...just with a small V8 with lousy gas mileage...especially with gas prices today...Good luck!!

BTW, bama you should listen to your mother...if you don't have anything good to say....

Dean
  • bamatundrabamatundra Posts: 1,583
    Chevy zealots with their heads in the sand.

Read this website: http://drive.to/agmlemon

It will scare you to death. Read 2000 Chevy Silverado Vibration - II (Topic #1638)
    Post # 498

Lousy gas mileage? The last time I checked the Tundra had 1mpg less than the Silverado. I also read that many Silverado owners are running premium to avoid pinging. Seems like running regular in a Tundra would save you money.
    Where have you read that Silverado owners are running premium gas? I've read that some have changed plugs...but that is by personal preference.

1 mpg less...and where is this info from?

Post 498- Owns a lemon and has a lemon for a dealer. All trucks manufactured after 1/00 have been corrected for the vibes....that means a truck bought today will NOT share the problems of the first model year.

As posted earlier....bama...you should listen to your mother...if you can't say anything nice........ ;)
    I run 87 in my 6.0...no problems...

any more lame excuses Batman?...(better get out the books)

- Tim
    You run 87 in your truck? Wow! Amazing! I guess this means that 1/2 ton Silverados don't have a problem with ping.

The only lame thing here is your logic. Who are you trying to fool?
    Listen to your mother "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

This isn't a Chevy topic. Hoppy said he wanted a reliable truck. I was merely pointing out that there are better choices than the Chevy if that is important to him.

I know that you Chev owners eschew Consumer Reports - that is probably why you own Chevies. I personally lend a lot of credence to their ratings. If you disagree - tough.
    "All trucks manufactured after 1/00 have
    been corrected for the vibes....that means a truck
    bought today will NOT share the problems of the
    first model year."

What about this? It seems that you were mistaken:

#514 of 515: RICSH #494 (xbbuster) Tue 18 Jul '00 (08:11 PM)

I have a '00 2WD ext. cab built 5/19/00. This was
    supposedly after the fix was being installed at the
    assembly plant. It has all the shakes, bounces,
    vibrations that the earlier trucks have, including
    the 30-40mph vibration. After reading all of the
    posts about what seems to the same problem, it
    appears that GM and most of their dealers are
    stonewalling and BSing the truck buyers that put
    their 30 grand down on what they thought was going
    to be the best pick-up they had ever bought. They
    won't fix this problem because it would cost GM too
    much. They're trying to wear down those that are
    complaining hoping they will give up and go away.
    That is how they are solving the vibration problem
    on the '99, '00 and probably the '01 Silverados
    2WD trucks.
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Posts: 2,728
    Why don't you stop sounding like an unhappy, small truck/import owner, and just buy a full size truck? The Silverado owners don't complain about them nearly so much as you do, and you don't even have one, although you I'm sure you wish you did!
    Batman...what do you drive anyway?

I was indicating that my 6.0..aka bigger does not have problems..usually bigger engines require more octane....as do high compression ones..

How old are you anyway?

- Tim
    wouldn't you think Tiny should refer to a tundra fan?..great..now you are talking to yourself..guess nobody else will listen?

- Tim
    Just the facts Ma'am.

You get so defensive when I post some facts about your truck. The next thing is to attack the poster and try to change the issue from trucks to the poster. I will not join your private flamewar.

"People in glass houses..." Oby posted: "Previous experience with Fords...we've all had them...and I don't doubt that Toyota makes a good truck...just with a small V8 with lousy gas mileage...especially with gas
    prices today...Good luck!!"

Hmmm. Now Oby is complaining because I posted negative Chevy info. You can't have your cake and eat it too. (Is this too many cliches for one post?)

When you want to talk trucks, let me know.
    ..is batman for real?....doesn't even know he is the one to laugh at here..

At least we have facts

man how this guy twists things around?

- Tim
    rants and raves about how lousy chevy is...and gets more off topic when someone says they are going to buy one. Reminds me of that guy...the Toxic Crusader from The Class of Nukem High....LOL...BTW, this is not a personal attack, just an association of styles.

Bama, I noticed that you love to cut and paste. That sure takes a lot of time...hmm maybe you should be out enjoying your truck instead of arguin a losing battle. It sure doesn't make sense to me. In your last statement you said when I was ready to talk trucks...exactly what trucks are we suppose to talk about? You got yours and I got mine and I've posted before that I really don't care about Toyotas so in actuality there is nothing for us to discuss unless you want to get into the finer points of whose truck outsells whose....nah, don't waste your time....Later

Dean
    even have a truck

- Tim
  • jcmdiejcmdie Posts: 595
    He doesn't. He has a Tundra.
This discussion has been closed.