Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Climate Control

Comments

• stretch87stretch87 Posts: 2
    edited June 2010
    Hqave 2000 Z-71 extended cab,221,000 miles ! I still love this truck ,runs,rides fantastic still!!!! I Recently replaced battery, & have since had no A/C!! My mechanic & I tested all circuits,fuses,switches. charge.Etc. ALL seems well!!!! Went to dealer to have computer "RELEARN" how to turn on A/C!! They said blah blah blah BS... All worked fine till battery replacement,now ????????? Do not trust dealers to do right thing ,especially since my mechanic is an A+++ !! Also not really looking to drop few hundred $$$$ for &%^#^^% dealer to make-up solution!!! ANY IDEAS???? :mad: :cry: BTW A/C worked fine day of replacement,stopped working after!!
  • 04 Sierra climate fan control works on #2 and up fan speed, but not on 0 or 1, but will work when truck accelerates. Any tips?
  • dbbarretdbbarret Posts: 3
    I have same problem in 2005 GMC Sierra 1500. Used to only work at 2 and up (for a few months) but now it only works at 3 and up!!! Any ideas?
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    You can find a replacement controller for cheap on ebay.
    What exactly is the part called?
    You can find it here:

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog/frameset.cfm

Enter year make model
    under hvac---> controls-->dash control unit.

You will have four selections. To be sure you order the correct one you will need to email them with your vin prior to ordering.

Or you could have yours rebuilt here:

rebuilt

I couldn't find any listing for a used replacement unit at this time. You could search ebay for GMC HVAC controller.
    Thanks for your help - I emailed them with my VIN. Is installation pretty straightforward? plug and play?
    Yes plug and play
  • Got out of the truck yesterday and the vent fan just came on ...keys in hand. Turned off ac and fan but it came back on. any ideas why this is happening.
    Could there be a short somewhere.

Thanks, steve
  • di you ever find a fix for your ac problems. i just bought an 2004 gmc sierra and its blowing hot out of the driver side, any info would help thanks
  • We ended up having to have the control module replaced. They also had to replace an actuator. I think it ran about $1,000.
  • 97bruin97bruin Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 GMC sierra 2500 extended cab 4x4. My problem is this; no air is being blown out of the fan when i turn on either my AC or my heater. I can turn the dial completely up to 5 and nothing comes out. It will slowly blow out cooler air (when set on AC) and increases as we speed up on road and will stop when we stop. Same can be said for the heater. Got winter right around the corner so trying to get this fixed asap (3 kids) and without spending too much. Any suggestions? Any and all helps/tips are appreciated!
    You will either need to replace the diodes that control the fan speed or replace the control unit with the latter being easier of the two.
  • if you found the problem please let me know what you did because my 95 has done the same thing. thanks
  • azekissazekiss Posts: 5
    edited September 2010
    I have a 2010 1500 and just withing the last few weeks the vents change settings all by themselves. I will have the A/C running thru the main vents and the it will change to the the defrost vents without me touching a thing, I then have to move the selector to the defrost setting then back to regular to get the thing nlowing right again. It is a intermitenet problem and I am taking it in on Friday, anyone have any ideas on this?
  • I have the Chevy hot air problem.If I select hot air I can't get cold air again unless I shut the system down for 10 minutes.What should I look at first? x
  • I have a 96 gmc sierra. The blower has 4 settings. Worked only on 3 and 4. Replaced resistors and relay. Now it works on 1, 3 and 4. What should I try next?
    Thanks
  • Replaced blower motor today. No change
  • I replaced the pigtail on the wiring harness and it fixed my '05. Have you tested the pins to make sure you are getting voltage @ the pigtail on each setting? That's were I would have started. If you don't have voltage at the pins through the switch setting range, then you have a bad switch, unless you can see where any of the contacts in the pigtail are melted or blackened. If they are the pigtail is bad
  • Thanks for the help. I replaced the dash switch tonight and that fixed it. Thanks again.