Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Climate Control

Comments

• obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    probably a diode located in the switch itself
  • I replaced the entire switch panel and it still does the same thing.
  • nashcatnashcat Posts: 1
    1999 Gmc Sierra. I had the Heater core replace begining of winter.Now that its hot outside no cold air. A/c WORKED GREAT BEFORE THE WORK WAS DONE ! any tips?
    no cold air = no R134

Whether the heater core replacement had anything to do with it will require filling the system up with R134 and checking for leaks.
  • ccrealtyccrealty Posts: 1
    My 04 GMC Sierra started blowing hot air from the drivers side, cold air from the passenger side intemittently. Then the display started going crazy, changing temps by itself, changing blower speed, then just shuitting down. Now it only blows hot air and will only do that for a few seconds before shutting down. Have done the comper reset twice, worked the first time. Any ideas?
  • kmarlarkmarlar Posts: 7
    I have a 2000 Silverado that will blow cold air when you first turn the air on. After it runs a few minutes it starts getting warm. I can turn the a/c off for a few minutes and when I turn it back on it will be cold. Sometimes it will stay cold and sometimes it will get warm again. I have checked the low side pressure and it is good.
    Sounds like a problem with the controller rather than the system.
  • I have a 2005 Sierra 2500 HD and the blower is not working properly. It barley forces air through the vents on HI and blows with the same force on LO or wherever the knob is at. Im thinking maybe the switch went bad but Im not sure. Thanks for any thoughts on this
  • clovelesscloveless Posts: 5
    Try this site. It will tell how to fix the problem. If it doesn't work, go to Denalitrucks.com/. Register, if needed, go to the bottom of home page to: electrical and electronics. This is a wonderful site and one can learn almost everything needed to maintain a truck.
    Charley
  • greg94greg94 Posts: 4
    Our fan totally quit (after some earlier spurts) and it was the resistor in the fan harness....
    resistor wiring harness was too narrow gauge and fried the resistor etc.
    GM covered 1/2 the cost of the harness and they should have covered it all...
    IF, GM dealer had officially diagnosed the problem...and if you could get a hold of the district sup....he could authorize the repair.
  • easter85easter85 Posts: 1
    I ran across you problem with the fan blower switch that won't work on the high (5) position. I am having the same problem with my 2004 model. Did you happen to find out what the problem is? I would appreciate an answer.

If you didn't find out the problem; let me know and I will get mine fixed under the extended warranty and e-mail you back and let you know what the problem is.

Sincerely,
    Robert Easterling
  • Hello, i have a 2000 gmc 1500 and i have a question about the recirculation mode. on my truck i have the outside air button, the recirculation button, and the a/c button.
    Is the compressor supposed to operate when just the recirculation button is on? I thought that only when the a/c button was on (lit) and either the recirc or the outside air buttons were on, that the compressor was operating. For example, i turn on my fan and it's in outside air mode, no a/c button lit, then i press the recirc button, now you can hear the engine compensate (like the compressor is coming on) and water eventually drips from the thing in the engine compartment near the firewall (the evaporator???). I'm not complaining because the air still blows cold, i'm curious about it.
  • pighunterpighunter Posts: 9
    My '05 does the same thing, as did my '03 and my '01. So the answer is yes. I actually asked the dealer onn the '05 and they said that the compressor will run unless you put it on outside air, the recirculate and a/c compressor switch is interconnected. has something to do with the flow-through ventilation system as well.
  • johncj3johncj3 Posts: 2
    My GMC sierra is doing the same thing did you find anything out?
  • johncj3johncj3 Posts: 2
    There should be a resistor for that blower if you look at it from the bottom, you will see a wire coming from and routing to a small box like cover held up with 2 or 3 screws... behind that cover is the blower motor resistor replace that! You can get it frome a acdelco dealer for about 25-30 bucks. GM changed it with an updated one that should fix your problem.
  • I recently added some freon to my truck as it wasn't blowing cold. Now, when I start the truck and turn the a/c on, I get a growl sound coming from the compressor area. Is it possible that I overfilled the system, and it has effected the compressor? Any help is appreciated.
    2001 1500 5.3L

Thank you
  • Ok i just broke 100,000 miles-95-Chevy Silverado 1500 and theres a flapping noise coming from the passanger side under dash and i have no clue what it is and when i change my setting for my a/c example. for the floor it will go away but come right back.I know it's got to be a vent door.If anybody has information Please let me know.THANKS
  • I have the same problem on my 95-Chevy sliverado 1500.Evertime i turn the ignition on or just driving it the vent door knocks under the passanger side dash even if my a/c is not on it still does it.If anyone has a answer please let me know.
    THANKS.
  • how do I install a cabin air filte in a 2004 silverado 1500?
    GM discontinued the air cabin filter in the 2003 model year.
  • A buddy has a 2002 chev x-cab 4x4 silverado. the windows fogg up bad. He is not loosing coolant so I don't think its the heater core. What else might it be?
  • tdenttdent Posts: 1
    My 1991 silverado climate controler doesn't work. The fuse is ok but the controller will not light up. any suggestions?
  • I just bought a 2004 GMC Sierra SLT with dual heater/AC controls. The heater blows hot when set at 32 C which is full heat setting. Turn it down to 31 after the cab heats up and only cold air comes. Any setting other than full {32C} gives cold air.
    I have seen this come up in this forum a few times, but never finding an answer.My local mechanic did a flash but still didn't help.
  • I had a similar trouble. It would only blow hot air out of the defroster. I tried to "flash" it a few times by unhooking the negative post on the battery and it did nothing. I took it to the dealer and they re-programed the computer. The service guy said it would not come out of full blower and that would be really expensive to fix. I started it up and it has worked beautifully since. If the computer isn't fried, seems as though re-setting or re-programing the computer is sometimes a fix.
  • My problem is when I set the temp from anywhere between 1/2 way to full heat, the air will not stop blowing HOT air unless I turn the truck off and wait about 20 minutes. As long as I leave the temp under 1/2 way, it works fine. I have replaced the climate controller with new, but problem persists. All other systems work great. Any help would be appreciated.
  • does the ac relay keep the blower motor from working and if so where is the relay located on the vehicle?
  • fritchfritch Posts: 1
    I own a 2001 chevy 3500 dully truck. I am having tempeture problems in the cab. When the air speed is at the low speed I have control of the temp but when the air is on high speed I have no temp control. What can the problem be
  • DUAL CLIMATE CONTROL WILL NOT SWITCH OFF OF DEFROST