Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Yaris Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lhansonlhanson Posts: 268
    This weekend www.performancetoyota.net is advertising all in stock Yaris's at $1,500 off MSRP. Kind of a reverse auction I guess.
  • attherxattherx Posts: 2
    Today after an hour and a half sitting in a stuffy showroom, I finally got a quote. The quote is for a 07 LB auto with conv. and Sd airbags $13 510. Guy said it was invoice, but after hearing all that double talk and how these cars have "no mark up," I don't know what to believe.
  • rheidmanrheidman Posts: 2
    Went down to Toyota last Saturday to negotiate on a car for my daughter who will be returing from Okinawa in about ten days (she is a Marine). Got the Base Sedan (automatic), with power package, ABS, fog lamps, carpet mats, and Viper keyless entry/engine immobilizer for $16,597 OTD. They discounted the car $1330 off MSRP plus gave me (her) the $500 military rebate. They took my $500 earnest check to hold the car until May 14th, when she will walk in write them a check for the car (bank check, ie financing). They marked the car as sold and put in the back lot until she arrived.

I emailed the dealership and did not get a good response, so I visited them. When I told the General Sales Manager I was not happy with the response from my emails, he dealt with me directly and I was in and out of there in less than 30 minutes. I walked in very upset, but out pretty happy, my daugher is and will be much happier when she sees the car. I now know she will have a safe, economical, and reliable car to drive across the country to her new duty station in California (we are in Georgia).
  • I went to my local Toyota dealer today, I want a liftback Manual with the all weather and convenience package, they had one in black. Of course they had a $300 dollar "inspection" fee on the sticker, and the price was 13,500. Carmax sells new Toyotas in Wisconsin, have the same car for $12,258. Its a bit of a hike for me, but I told the dealer he needs to beat that price, he of course said thier price wasn't real, etc. So if the dealer doesn't agree by tommorrow, I am off to Wisconsin for my car.
    Carsdirect.com listed the car at 12,500. Its a great negotiating tool even if you don't live near a Carmax, to say "Here is a guaranteed price" and they know that Carmax is notorious for high prices.
  • driver2007driver2007 Posts: 2
    we are getting ready to purchase a 2007automatic yaris liftback in our area, now I do have prices (be email) of some dealerships.

I would like to know if somebody would recommend a special dealer to go to them because of their buying experience/service.

Thanks,
    VM
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,914
    A reporter from a large national newspaper is looking to speak to anyone who has purchased a small car in the past couple of months. If you purchased this car as an additional car for the family versus a replacement, please note that as well. Please provide your daytime contact info to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Thursday, May 10, 2007.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• newatlantanewatlanta Posts: 4
    Hi... I am looking at the same/similar option upgrade with your purchase.... I can't get the quote this low as yours.. I am in Atlanta... Would you mind to let me know which dealership that you got your car?
  • newatlantanewatlanta Posts: 4
    I got the internet quote for 2007 - 4dr Auto, with Power Package and Fog Lamps for OTD $16,479. Is this a good price?
  • roy32roy32 Posts: 23
    Had my 02 Toyota serviced yesterday at the dealers (5 speed, 21,000 miles, all maintenance papers..from now on I'll be doing my own oil changes, spark plugs, etc...anyway they gave me a new 07 Yaris sedan (red) as a loner...after driving the car for 5 hours I have to say I hate them. The exterior isn't too bad to look at for a car in this class but the interior is awful. For instance, the pillars around the windows are too low & when backing up I had blind spots all around, even with the steering wheel up my legs hit it every time I got out & I'm only 5'-10" 180lbs, I can't count how many times I hit my head on the handle above the drivers door, it was noisy, the automantic tranny was slugish, interior parts are even cheaper looking that the Echo's were, the seats have little support.

Even for the price, it's too little, the crappy cup holders etc, it's not hard to see that Toyota is cutting corners on quality interior design & parts even for a car in this class. A big step back for Toyota, this car just isn't fun in any way.
    Two thumbs down.

By the way, I love Toyota, been a long time buyer, but never will buy a Yaris.
    Like I said, not bad to look at from the outside at certain angles but inside they're nasty.
  • roy32roy32 Posts: 23
    No, you're paying too much!!!!! Shave off $1,000 minimum. Also remember, it's June...these cars are not long from now going to be replaced by the 2008's....buying now without a great price & you not are only paying too much now but you're going to lose a lot on depreciation when the 08's come out & that's not too long away. This car no matter what the dealer says is almost a year old.
  • tinykingtinyking Posts: 1
    Just got a 4DR Yaris (2007 Base) from City Toyota in Daly City with $1000 discount, which I paid only $14,507 before tax. The price for this car was about $15.5k (sticker price: $15,507) and it came with the power package and 7 years/100,000 miles warranty. I just wanted to know is this a good deal?
  • valdo650valdo650 Posts: 1
    I'm trying to get a feel for the price range. I want to see what an out to door (after taxes, destination, registration, etc) price is going to be for:

Either:

Yaris Sedan Base
    Yaris Liftback Hatchback

Options:

Floormats
    Manual Tranny

Dealer Extra Stuff (Extended warrarties blah blah):

NONE

A VERY base set-up. I'll just set up a 3rd party alarm afterwards since you have to get the power package to get this and I'm not interested in power windows or locks.

I actually thought of finding a used Yaris...but the prices for the used one are on par with a new one :surprise: .

I live in Austin, Texas :D
    Go to Toyota.com, build the car the way you want it, subtract about $1,000 off the price (MSRP) that the website gave you and then go to your local dealer(s) and try to find one as close to the one that you want.
  • I'm shopping around for a 2007 Yaris LB, automatic, base model. So far I've gotten one internet quote back at $13185 plus sales tax, tag, title - this also includes the "convenience package". Edmunds is showing invoice price of $11,326 and MSRP of $12,050 for a base price.
    I'm spending tomorrow going around to different dealerships (I'm in southwest FL) and would like any feed back as to a reasonable figure I should be shooting for. It's my first time buying a car on my own.
    Thanks! - Jenny
  • Hello again. Found a 2007 Yaris sedan, base model, with 16K miles. Perfect condition. Dealer quoted me at $15,500. Got him down to $13,000. Is this a good price for a used one? What should I try to get him down to?
    What kind of options does it have?
  • biff9biff9 Posts: 6
    For what it's worth, I got a Bl. Blue, Hatchback, 5-spd, power package, ABS, Side AB, keyless entry (no I didn't really want this or the power pkg much. I can reach across, the Mrs. less-so, and then the back and forth mirror changes would be painful), Floor and Cargo mats, the ubiquitous "All Wx Guards" and destination charge.
    Oh, almost forgot, a DK (which I am told is a leather operators manual holder (I REALLY wanted that!).

MSRP = $14,500,
    Invoice =(from Edmunds and such) ~ $13,350
    Cost $13,722 with $100/2 dealer some processing add-on or other. But there was another $400 off for military financing or (not and) if you are a recent graduate.

So, all told, $13,322 (not counting taxes, or the $15 or so bucks for temp tags).

I imagine one could do better with more effort. But I was already tired-out from deciding if I was going to get a new car at all, and if it would be a Corolla or Yaris (which had more character of course. I argued with myself that the Corolla was possibly the better buy, and there is certainly more fat to be pared off the invoice bone there, particularly since the 2008 (exactly the same except for 35hwy miles now (new math)) are now landing on the lots. I figured my sanity (between running from one dealer to another and finding all sorts of hidden this or that charges...) was worth the perhaps 200-400 I likely left on the table.

Best of luck to all. It seemed like an obvious buy for the money. The dealer was pretty easy-going, compared with some I've seen, and they do give you a free this or that for the time you own it. Koons Annapolis, MD. Prices might have been a little less to the same, at Fitzgerald Auto Mall, or Miller Toyota...but I was getting weary and have only so many hours per week for such frivolity.
    Actually, I think that you got an outstanding buy. I would have taken it in a heartbeat.
  • biff9biff9 Posts: 6
    When I picked mine up yesterday, they have the exact same car as the one I was picking up. I guess I'll be seeing my twin from time to time.

I also sprang for the 7/75,00 extended warrantee. Paranoia will destroy-a.

They were all rather nice there, if that helps.
    I guess you felt guilty about how little they made on the actual sale so you let them make it up on the warranty. You shouldn't feel too bad when nothing goes wrong with the car from 36,000 to 75,000 miles.
  • cjshowcjshow Posts: 16
    My husband and I finally took possession of his new Yaris on July 12th after placing our order 7 weeks prior! He was very specific about what he wanted and he wanted a "new" car, not a dealer swap that would put unnecessary miles on the car. Also, we were willing to wait that long in order to pay down our credit card some more.

He got a Yaris "S" Sedan in Barcelona Red w/ power package and Manual Transmission and beige interior. We didn't dicker about the price as they are in high demand, so our OTD costs inc TTL and fees was $16453. Tax really rips you off, it was more than $1k. We put $2k down and financed the rest at 6.7% interest. We had locked in the finance rate when we put a deposit down 7 weeks ago, but when we went into the finance office, the rate was unexpectedly raised to 6.9% I was very firm about getting it corrected, and since we were in an awful rush to get out of there, the finance guy changed it back without any argument. :)

Overall, we were happy with our experience. This is our first brand new car, so we were happy that it really was brand new, with less than 10 miles on it. Not including the 7 week waiting period, we only spent 2 hours in the dealership, I think. Our salesman was very laid back and tried to accommodate us. He didn't try to sell us options we didn't want nor a more expensive car.

The only downside was that we thought we were getting 15" alloy wheels and when we took possession, there were the steel wheels w/covers on the car. Turns out there are 2 power packages and we weren't told there was a choice. The difference in price between the two was about $900, but we can have the dealer swap the wheels for $650, I think. We aren't going to, but my DH was pretty mad that it wasn't made clear since the alloys were in the brochure and online as part of the power package.
  • Has anybody bought a Yaris in or near Tennessee? If so what price? Thanks
    Depending on where you live in Tennessee, Memphis may or may not qualify as being part of Tennesse, much like Detroit in Michigan. At any rate, Yarii have sold here for as much as $1,500 off MSRP within the last 3 months. They haven't been advertised too much lately, but should be available for at least $500 off MSRP with the new 2008's coming out soon. Doe anybody know when?
  • I'm near memphis. Know of any dealers that are reasonable? I've noticed Wolfchase seems a little bit higher than the others.
    I have bought 2 Yaris's from Wolfchase, but they just happened to have the best deal at the time. It changes every week. The one I got on Saturday, April 14, 2007 was about $500 off MSRP. The very next Saturday, Performance Toyota was selling any Yaris in stock for $1,000 off MSRP, and the following Saturday they were offering any Yaris in stock for $1,500 off MSRP. That is the best deal I have seen so far. Chuck Hutton Toyota is usually a little higher, but they are still worth checking out. I would advise that you get quotes from their internet departments and try to make the deal before you set foot on their lots. You can check their inventory online. Saturday seems to be the best day, but if you are not in a hurry, and you shouldn't be, I would wait a couple weeks if need be to get the best deal. If you can get $1,500 off MSRP, no further negotiations are necessary.
  • Please help anybody.
    I feel ripped off about the extended warranty/tires warranty
    packages..althoug I read the back of the policies and I can cancel them as long as is not 30 days old..well I got my yaris a week ago....should go ahead and cancel them ? .its more than 2 grand for both...please advice.

thank you.
  • ttaittai Posts: 114
    Yes, you got ripped. I refused the extended warranty that the finance manager showed me so he pulled up the same warranty on the Toyota web site and said it was cheaper if you go there and buy it. WTF! Check out the toyota site and see if you can purchase extneded warranties there.
  • I have a quote below from a local Toyota dealer’s fleet manager/Internet manager for a 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan with automatic transmission and PQ package (cruise control, power windows/locks, ABS).

$15139.00 sales price (includes $675 destination charge)
    946.19 State Tax
    35.09 inventory tax
    50.00 DOCUMETATION FEE
    33.00 TITLE FEE
    60.80 LICENSE FEE
    39.50 STATE INSPECTION
    10.00 ROAD AND BRIDGE
    5.00 DEPUTY FEE
    $16318.58 TOTAL DRIVE OUT

We are looking to purchase the car before the end of the month. The above dealer also threw in a $100 gas card if we bought our car from them. We do not have a trade-in, and we are located in the Dallas area.

So we got a call back from a different dealer and he asked what price would it take for us buy the Yaris Sedan from him. If the total drive out price (includes tax, title, and tags) is $16,318 from the first dealer, how much should I tell the second dealer to take off the $16,318?

All suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks so much!

Below are the specs:
    2007 Toyota Yaris MSRP
    Model - 1442 4-DOOR SEDAN Base: $13,425.00
    Exterior Color - 0068 POLAR WHITE Installed Options: $2,343.00
    Interior Color - FD12 LTGRAY(BLKWOOD)/STON/DCHA Total: $15,768.00

* Base MSRP includes delivery charge
    ** Prices subject to change without notice
    *** Please refer to vehicle Monroney label for final specifications and pricing

Standard Features for this model
    MECHANICAL & PERFORMANCE EXTERIOR
    - 1.5L DOHC 16-Valve EFI VVT-i 4-Cylinder - Color-Keyed Bumpers, Door Handles
    - 4-Spd Electronically Controlled - and Outside Mirrors
    - Automatic Overdrive Transmission - Multi-Reflector Halogen Headlamps
    - with Intelligence and Gated Shifter COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
    - Air Conditioning - Cloth Front Bucket and Rear Seats
    - Independent MacPherson Strut - with Adjustable Headrests
    - Front Suspension - Dvr Side Vertical Seat Height Adjustment
    - Torsion Beam Rear Suspension - Tilt Steering Wheel
    - Electronic Power Steering (EPS) - Intermittent Wipers
    - Electronic Throttle Control System - Audio Prep Package (4 - Speakers)
    - with Intelligence (ETCS-i) - Lever-Adjusted Side Mirrors
    - Front Ventilated Disc Brakes - In-Glass Antenna
    - Rear Drum Brakes - Center Mounted Speedometer
    - 14" Steel Wheels with Full Covers - with LCD Odometer, Twin Tripmeter
    - and P175/65R14 Tires - and Fuel Gauge Display
    - Temporary Spare Tire - Driver and Frt Passenger Vanity Mirrors
    SAFETY - Center Console Storage Box
    - Driver Front Airbag and Front Passenger - Front and Rear Cupholders
    - Airbag with Advanced Airbag System
    - 3 Point Driver & Frt Pass Seat Belts w/
    - Pretensioners & Force Limiters
    - Side-Impact Door Beams
    - Center High Mount Stop Lamp

Selected Options and Packages
    Code Description Code Description
    FE 50 State Emissions CF Carpet Mat Set (5 pc)
    PQ Power Package with 15-in. Steel Wheels: - Carpet Floor Mats
    - Anti-lock Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power - Rear Cargo Mat
    - Windows, Power Outside Mirrors, AM/FM CD P4 Vehicle Shield Package
    - Integrated Audio with MP3/WMA Playback - Lusterizing Sealant
    - Capability, Auxiliary Audio Jack and LCD - Sound Shield
    - Display, Cruise Control, 60/40 Split - Sealant Cleaner
    - Fold-down Rear Seat, Upgraded Interior - Rental Car Assistance
    - Trim, Rear Defroster, Tachometer and
    - 15-in. Steel Wheels with Full Covers
  • rerednawrerednaw Posts: 16
    I'd recommend a little extra research.

If several thousands dollars are worth a hour or so of your time. For many people it isn't. :)

Start with Dealer Cost. Which is (approximately):
    =================================================
    Invoice (find this on many places)
    Minus Factory Holdback (~2-4%) Usually 2% on Toyotas.
    Minus Factory to Dealer Incentives (check Edmunds, Cars.com, etc...)
    Minus Consumer Rebates
    ADD destination charge (a legitimate charge)
    Minus Factory Floorplan Fee.
    = Dealer Cost.
    Factor in fair dealer profit (say 3-5%)
    Include sales tax.

That's your offering price.

All other Fees are NOT legit and should be renamed "more dealer profit."

If the dealer doesn't want a fair offer, then either
    1) the car is truly in high demand (NONE on the lot and a 6+ month waiting list) in which case you're stuck.
    OR (more often)
    2) He trying to get every last dime out of you and you should go somewhere else.

Last time I bought a car, I faxed my offer to 6-7 different dealers. In my town, one dealer never called me back and the other two lied. They stated they would meet my offer and had the car in stock. One didn't have the car in stock, the other wanted to add 'fee-a-rama'

I ended up getting the car out of state, my make, model and color for the price I set.

YMMV and good luck.

P.S. I'm assuming cash offer, no trade-in. If you need a loan or have a trade-in, it gets even more complicated.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,030
    Go to our new Dealer Rater to post your sales or service review!

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.