Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Yaris Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1161718192022»

Comments

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,851
    A reporter wants to interview people who are focused on achieving 30mpg or better in their next car puchase. Please reply to pr@edmunds.com by Fri, Oct 15, 2010 with your daytime contact info and a few thoughts on the subject.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• nkaufman1nkaufman1 Posts: 6
    edited December 2010
    Got a 2010 Yaris, 4 door sedan in Northern Virginia, Power Package, Cruise Control, All weather guard package, Carpeted floor mats for $12,857 + $1643 for (Delivery Fee $760 + Processing Fee $389 + Tax $450 + Tags $44) for OTD of $14,500.

Also got 2 year/25K mile service package which will include 5 oil changes and a 15K mile service. Approx value could be around $200-$250

List price incl delivery was $16,978
  • List price incl delivery was $16,978 + 389 + 450 + 44 = 17861
  • when I first starting looking at a 2007 Toyota Yaris 4-dr. sedan with the 5-speed manual tranny in the spring of '06 I seem to remember a list price of around $14,995. That was before license, taxes, delivery, etc. I would've been very comfortable with that price in the spring of '06.

So you did great in your deal, IMO.

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

• nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,687
    I'm just curious - did they actually tell you the 25K service package includes 5 oil changes plus the little 15K service, or did you assume it? I'm looking into getting a Yaris, so I'm very interested in knowing exactly what is covered under this program.

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

• Toyota is offering a 2 year/25K mile free maintenance. After getting the car, I looked at the maintenance plan and it seems that Toyota recommends only regular oil changes/tire rotations at 6K/6 months for this car till about 90K miles. So basically, Toyota is offering only 4-5 oil changes. i.e a value of only $100 instead of what I'd initially thought of to be around $200-$250.
  • Well if you use dealer oil change prices you are looking at 150 - 200 dollars worth of oil changes. They are $40 a pop at the dealer where I live. So that is good.
  • I think you got a very good deal for a 2010 Yaris with those options. Difficult to get them for much less, especially now with gas prices creeping up, I should think that the demand will follow . . . the Yaris sedan seems to have almost as much functional space as the Corolla yet costs a few grand less. I recently flew up north to a wedding and rented a Corolla SE and compared again the two cars . . .while the Corolla was a bit more refined and certainly provided more pep and a firmer handling package, for a daily commute warrior you cannot beat the Yaris for the extra gas savings and the reliability and refinement that it offers at such a low price point. I have owned my 2009 Yaris Sedan for 18 months now . . it has 41,000 miles and all it does is run flawlessly and gives me 34 mpp in mixed city/hwy driving. Since I drive over 2,000 miles a month, saving money on gas was a real premium for me, and with gas now at 3 bucks a gallon I am saving mucho denaro and the Yaris provides just enough creature comforts (AT, power locks and windows, keyless entry, a decent CD system, cruise control) to keep me happy until I get to work. Congrats on your new purchase and I i hope you enjoy your Yaris as much as I do my own . . . I even still have the original tires at 41,000 miles! . . .but they are real close to replacement time. O well, factory rubber is factory rubber, and frankly I am surprised that they have lasted as long as they have lasted. Take care and enjoy your new car.
  • pschiffepschiffe Posts: 373
    Oil changes are $34.95 + tax at my Toyota store in Buffalo-Niagara region.

Pete
  • Yes, i do think that I got a very good price.

The couple of things that I didn't like were - gauges in the middle and no remote trunk opener.

But hopefully like you said, it would give me years of solid performance. So that would work.
  • Was this Manual or Automatic?
    Thanks!
  • sabdulsabdul Posts: 10
    Hello, everyone can you share purchase prices of 2012 yaris automatic around Maryland.