Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Camry Hybrid: Ordering Process

Comments

• spiff72spiff72 Posts: 179
    Actually, $30,589 is the MSRP for everything except the wheel locks and the mud guards.
  • jbolltjbollt Posts: 734
    Cool! Sounds like a nice discount. What color are you getting? I have Desert Sand.
  • agnostoagnosto Posts: 205
    Right on the target...:

MSRP: $30,589
    MG3: $179.00
    WL: $59.00

Total: $30827.00
    Ohhh,yes, it will be a "2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Magnetic Gray Metallic/Ash Leather" beauty and is worth waiting the 4 months...
    Ok, I think I got a good feeling deal, just placed an order ($500 refundable) and here is my OTD $30,500 price (including 3% tax and TTL) for an out of state deal via fitzmall that it will take up to 4 months to get the 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Magnetic Gray Metallic/Ash Leather loaded with the following options:

CQ (Convenience Pkg)
    SR (Moon Roof)
    CF (Carpet Mats and Trunk Mats)
    MG3 (Color-keyed Mud Guards)
    NV (Navigation System)
    LA (Seat Trim Leather Surfaced)
    WL (Wheel Locks)

... I hope the transaction in 4 months or so goes as smooth as it was via phone and email to close the deal... can't wait, but patience pays off... always do your homework... ;)
  • njeraldnjerald Posts: 688
    Sounds great! Good shopping.

How far do you have to go to pick up the car?
  • jbolltjbollt Posts: 734
    Cool! Of course, you will most likely not be eligible for the whole fed tax credit in 4 months, but you aleady probably kno wthat. Some folks aren't eligible anyway due to other financial issues, and still bought the Camry Hybrid.....

I'm sure the deal will go smoothly, from what I hear of others buying at Fitz...
    I will sell or trade in my 2006 4Runner LTD V8 4WD as it is an excellent SUV but getting 13-17 MPG in city not too happy. I know about the tax credit... at least I will get 50% of it.
    It is north of me in MD and it is about less than 5 hours, not too bad... The sales person told me people are travelling to fitzmall from west 20+ hours to get their Toyotas...
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Posts: 1,405
    I will sell or trade in my 2006 4Runner LTD V8 4WD as it is an excellent SUV but getting 13-17 MPG in city not too happy.

Try an experiment! I have a 4Runner as well as a TCH. I have been averaging 15.5 mpg. This week on fill up (I do often) I decided to drive it like my TCH. I have about 100 miles on the tank and am averaging 20.6 mpg.
    I have tried all kinds of experiments, but the fact remains no more than 16-17 MPG in city... it sounds like you might have the V6 engine. Besides the reason of MPG, the main one is to save the environment from extreme daily pollution. My contribution might be very minor, but you never know if others will join as the Hybrid vehicles become more available...
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Posts: 1,405
    Nope, V8

I keep it as a low milage vehicle to pull my tractor and trailer. Most of my miles will be with the TCH
  • clipper1clipper1 Posts: 70
    Found on internet at Fitzmall (MD):

2007 Camry Hybrid fully loaded: Nav,SR,LA,CQ

Immediate delivery (will pick up Monday) in time for $2,600 IRS credit.

Wow didn't think It was possible since I was calling every dealer in CA, NV and TX.

Yes! And the most un-believable... got the car at $669 DISCOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Out the door (I will pay FL tax): $29,920 (msrp:30,589)
    plus $19 for out of state tag.

Note: NOOOOOO dealer DOC fee!

Go to www.fitzmall.com and ask for Hank.
  • terry92270terry92270 Posts: 1,247
    Hot damn! :)

That is fantastic. Congratulations!
  • njeraldnjerald Posts: 688
    Super! better than the whining about prices from would be buyers from their local dealers.
    Called the "Fitz" -- car is waiting --

Lucky, I guess -- almost gave up on the Hybrid -- All dealers in FL, CA, TX & NV told me 2-3-4 mos wait in line for a 'loaded' TCH. Sales guy said I called 10 mins after it was posted. I repeat: I got it 669 under MSRP -- and yes the odo reads 3 miles.

I'm on my 2nd glass of Cabernet -- toasting good luck.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Posts: 702
    You only got a $669 discount?
  • flopshotflopshot Posts: 14
    Lucky, lucky you. I also bought a "cancelled" TCH, but my dealer offered me no such discount. I couldn't find a TCH within several hundred miles of me with the color/options I wanted, but lo-and-behold, when I called this dealer, he said that a pre-ordered TCH exactly the way I wanted it (plus VIP security) just got cancelled by the customer, and the car was being dropped off that day. However, the TCH's are in such high demand in CA that he could have sold it within hours, so I really had no choice but to pay MSRP. I went and picked up the car that day.
    Quite happy with $699 discount on loaded car. Haven't heard too many other better deals.

Certainly not in FL
  • Well I picked up my Mag Grey Base TCH today. Ordered July 3rd. Dealer called and sent me the inquiry report several weeks ago saying the car I ordered would be here on such and such date. They called two weeks early and said my vehicle had come in early. Needless to say when I went to pick it up the exterior color was right but interior wrong. Checked the inquiry and that was the same vehicle number. OOPS, got the wrong one, your order wont be for several more months, blah....blah....blah. I took the car the next day after cooling down cause I need a car and could not wait any more.
    Regardless I am very happy with the car its just the ordering process and arrogance of dealers who dont have to work to sell a car cause they have people waiting in the wings. That take it or leave it attitude. Just remember Toyota dealers, what goes around eventually comes around.
This discussion has been closed.