Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2007 Toyota Avalon

123457»

Comments

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,927
    At 60 - 65 the Av will definately pull 30. I hardly ever take the car on a long ride ('06 XLS), but last summer on a trip to Baltimore (from Jersey) I got 28.8 at 75 - 80 the whole way with the A/C on. Can't complain at all about that. Of course in my normal commute (city / congested hwy) I barely ever get above 21. However, that is still 2 MPG higher than my '03 Av got with the same driving, despite having 70 less HP.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    popsavalonpopsavalon Member Posts: 231
    Even more amazing, I got on Natchez Trace Parkway (MS/TN) and set cruise on 58 MPH for about 150 miles. My 07 XL got 34 MPG.

With all the interstate traffic, trucks, construction, etc., I'm not sure my trip time was much less!
  • Options
    bussby5504bussby5504 Member Posts: 3
    I understand how to change the oil but how do you reset the maintenence reminder light? Any changes I make/reset via the dash navigation maintenence display don't seem to reset the 'maintenence light'. I know what your thinking, but there's nothing else wrong with the car.
  • Options
    wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    It's been awhile ('00 or '01) since we drove the parkway (new '99 911/996) but I seem to remember the speed limit being around 40MPH, at least from the Brentwood TN area well into the area in MS that used to be the western border of FL.

It was snowing that February day so the speed limit wasn't an issue since the scenery more than made up for it.

Had lunch in Leapers Fork, neat little "burg".
  • Options
    finfin Member Posts: 594
    If you have an '07 Limited w/Nav, or any similar model owner's manual, the instructions are on page 154. If you don't have the manual: turn off the engine with the odometer showing; turn on the ignition (but not start) while holding mileage button in; hold button in, wait 5 seconds; light goes out.
    It works, just did it last oil change. Enjoy the Avy... great cars. :)
  • Options
    bussby5504bussby5504 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks so much. It worked like a charm. I don't know how I overlooked it in the manual.
  • Options
    wd43stp123wd43stp123 Member Posts: 1
    did you ever get more info on the backup camera? thanks!
  • Options
    freemelfreemel Member Posts: 1
    How do I access the washer tank and connectors to find and repair the leak?
  • Options
    amc697amc697 Member Posts: 9
    I don't know how to access the washer tank but I had the dealer change my leaking washer fluid tank last week. The charge was $142 for labor, no charge for the part!
  • Options
    popsavalonpopsavalon Member Posts: 231
    Look up Toyota TSB BO008-07 on the net. I googled "repair washer tank on 2007 Avalon" and the info came up. Looks like a pretty simple repair to me. I'm sure a dealer would charge a couple of hrs. labor, which would be $150-$200!
  • Options
    ajp_07avalonxlajp_07avalonxl Member Posts: 2
    This is a great forum - I've been reading accounts from other people who have gone through many of the same issues I've gone through (rattling moon roof, etc.).
    Overall I'm still very happy with my 07 XL.
    However, I've had one nagging issue that has gotten worse in recent weeks.
    Since I've had the car, every once in awhile (usually on very cold mornings) the 6-CD changer will not work: "ERROR 4" appears on the dash display.
    I can't play a CD nor can I change, load or eject a CD. Nada.
    Usually this problem goes away by itself (usually after the car warms up). I've never had this problem during the summer time....until now.
    This has been going on for a couple of weeks now.
    The car is no longer under warranty and I don't want to get "gouged" on the fix.
    I'm going to try removing one of the battery terminals to see if it will reset (I read that somewhere).
    Has anyone else experienced this problem or know of a fix?
  • Options
    ajp_07avalonxlajp_07avalonxl Member Posts: 2
    That happened to me shortly after I bought my 07 Avalon XL.
    Dealer fixed it for free (and it wasn't the dealer I bought the car from either).
This discussion has been closed.