Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Nissan Frontier

Comments

• hey guys,
    I noticed the 2007 froniter lost 4 Horse power compared to the 2006. It was 265 now is 261??? they did the same thing for Xterra too! What did they do? went to the SAE rating thing?
  • Almost all of the import models lost hp under the SAE ratings.
  • oxmeadoxmead Posts: 65
    just got a 2007 frontier le 4x2. I was thinking about a tonneau cover, but most of the ones i've looked at have mounting brackets that block the utilitrac system side tracks. any suggestions?
  • Hello all,

thinking about buying a 07 cc longbed at the end of the summer. Was wondering how everyone liked their Frontier? I owned an 86' nissan with no xtra cab,no power steering and no power locks/windows. That truck got me everywhere and never missed a beat!!(even survived hurricane andrew) It sounds like the write ups are all pretty good on it. Any suggestions on add on's or not and what seems to be the going price now for them. Thank's for everyones time!!

Dan
  • The nissan hard tonneau cover doesn't block the utilitrac according to the parts manager at my dealership. I ordered one when I purchased my new 07 frontier nismo crew cab. that was two weeks ago and it won't be here until probably the end of next week. There are sites where you can buy one a bit cheaper than the dealership here's one http://www.nissanwholesaleparts.com/pc-777-69-hard-tonneau-cover.aspx

Or if your looking for a soft tonneau that doesn't interfere with utilitrac for a whole lot less try

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CP&Pr- oduct_Code=999N3-D40TC
  • hi,
    i just bought a blue 2007 nismo frontier king cab. it has the 4 speaker standard stereo in it and i want to put an alpine in. how did the installation kit from crutchfield work out? i have read in their reviews that the dashboard kit has gaps and generally doesn't fit very well. can anyone confirm or provide a good alternative?

thanks,
    slate
  • I recently purchased a 2007 Nissan Frontier long bed and am interested in upgrading the factory audio system.

Before removing the door panels I was wondering if anyone had any information on how many and what brand speakers are used in the 2007 Frontier?
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    Undercover tonneau is a hard tonneau that is very nice design and is only $650 or less if you shop around.

Does NOT interfere with utili-track.

Can be installed in 1/2 hour or at most 1 hour by a novice.
  • I sold a 2000 GMC Sonoma and bought a 07 SE 6speed. The boxed frame provides a better ride than my Sonoma and the V6 is very srong in all gears. The rack & pinion steering is very precise and seats are comfortable. I only have about 800 miles on it so can't comment on economy.
    Paid about $13,600 after selling the GMC.
    Hope that helps.
  • asaasa Posts: 359
    The front door speakers are 6x9 and a lot of owners have said that Alpine SPS-69C3's fit fine with no modifictions. There's a two speaker version of the Alpine (SPS-69C2 ?) that fits just as well. Mine's a CC; CC rears are 6-1/2".

Mine's the low buck basic stereo and I think people suspect Blaupunkt made the OEM speakers for it.

Having written this, I have not torn anything out so cannot verify.
  • Anybody know when the next generation Frontier is coming out?

Also, any word on what's next in the 08', and when is it coming out?
  • driver56driver56 Posts: 408
    The current generation Frontier will be in it's fourth year this coming autumn ( that will be the 08 ) so the next gen probably won't be available until approx. 2011-2012 ; my guess.
    Nissan does seem to change things around a tad more than some other manufacturers, being somewhat less conservative I think, the 08 Titan has had some grille changes, perhaps a new color, the same can be expected for the Frontier. Mostly subtle stuff.
  • Does anybody know of a retractable tonneau cover that is compatible with the Frontier's utili-track system? I've considered other covers but I like the low profile, hard to notice retractable systems. I have a 2007 Frontier LE Crew long bed. Oh, by the way. I love it....
    2008 is the third model year of the current model Frontier.
    2005 was the first model year of the current Frontier.
    2010-2011 is a good estimate for a totally new design.
  • chewydanchewydan Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2007 SE Crew Cab SB. Like an idiot, I test drove one, and ended up buying another because it was the color, and had the options I wanted. It was wicked cold the day I bought it and I did'nt check it out like I should have. Anyway, The heat shields on this truck suck! They are the loudest, most irritating things I've ever heard! It sounds like a tribe of elves are living under the truck banging the exhaust pipes with forks and spoons. I even hear it with the windows down, idleing at a stop sign. It drives me nuts! I took it to the dealer twice, drove another Frontier to compare, and insisted something's wrong. The dealer says it's the heat shields and it's normal. Basically they suck too and won't do anything about it. I was looking at the shields. There are three of them and they are directly attached to the pipes with a small metal band. I could take them off so easily. What do you think would happen if I took them off? My truck isn't going to blow up is it??

Please help! I'm this close to cutting my losses and trading it in for a Toyota.

Also I read another message asking about prices and what people paid. The sticker on mine was $26,550. I got it for $25,000 and they took the $1,500 off that with the incentive so I ended up paying $23,500. Not great, but not bad. It's only a month old, has 1,500 miles on it, and I hate it! I'd take $21,000 now just to dump it off.
    05, 06, 07, 08 equals 4 model years moparbad. Have you heard or read anything regarding changes for 08?
    Thanks!
    I'll bet that the noise is a loose component and not just "heat shields" if you can hear noise at idle. I'd crawl under the truck, then grab and shake various components to see if you can isolate the bad actor. I own an '06 SE CC and have been reading Frontier forums for almost two years and have never experienced or read of a trouble like yours, so I suspect somthing's broken. Good luck -- we have a fairly new car that's been trouble and I know how you feel.
    You are 100% correct. My brain was not functioning well when I typed that.

The only major change that I ever heard about was the rumor that Nissan was going to introduce diesel engines in the Titan, Frontier and March in US. This was around the time when the Cube was being considered for import. Same diesel as the Navarra for the Frontier and International was to supply the engine for the Titan. March and Cube were both canceled/postponed indefinitely, emissions regs. combined with a percieved lack of interest for diesel in a mid-size truck doomed the diesel for the Frontier and the heavy duty version of the Titan was canceled so there went the need for a diesel in the Titan.
    With the announcement that Nissan will offer the '08 Pathy with a V-8, the rumor mill is working overtime suggesting that Nissan *may* also offer a V-8 with Frontier. Who knows, but I doubt Nissan would offer a Frontier with an engine that would challenge Titan, else they'd just cannibalize Titan sales. I wouldn't want a V-8 Frontier anyway -- my V-6 has an excellent balance of abundant power and decent fuel economy.
    The current V-6 Frontier has ample power as is, no need for an 8. The Pathfinder is a tad heavier, so some may think there is a need for more power and torque. Maybe the prestige of a V-8? I'd like to see Nissan put a diesel under the hood for the North American market. That could be cool!
This discussion has been closed.