Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Nissan Frontier

Comments

• steevosteevo Posts: 330
    Retrax. Thee is a diff model number for trucks with utilitrack, I assume thats so it doesnt interfere. Email them to make sure..
    Great sliding cover. I had one on a 2003 Frontier SC/LB. Locks up like a giant trunk, and slides out of the way when you need to load something big.
  • shadow20shadow20 Posts: 6
    i was looking at these and the tacomas i fell in love with my frontier, the min i stepped into it, its the SE model crew cab 4X4, it has the bed extender and tie downs and the spray on lining, 261 hp and 287 lbs of torque,the one thing that cought my eye was the track system in both trucks, the toyotas was made of plastic and looked cheep comparied to the nissans wich was made of metal,so far i am very happy with my truck, I would recomend this truck to anyone looking for a mid size truck. also the nissan frontier has the most power in its class and the most torque and towing at 6500 lbs.
  • asaasa Posts: 359
    I like that the Frontier also has twin Util-Trak rails in the floor, which are great for blocking and bracing loads. I don't think Tacoma has rails in the floor.
  • codestercodester Posts: 9
    I bought a 2007 SE Crew Cab 4X4 Long Bed last week that included the sliding bed divider and bed extension. Can these be removed if needed? I have instructions that show how to lift the bed extension out, but that leaves the supporting brackets in the utilitrack.

Thanks
    you should be able to, mine came with the bed ex tender and i believe if you loosen them e nuff but not a;ll the way the hole thing should slide to the end of the bed by the tail gate, thats how i got mine out, so give it a try and let me know the outcome.
  • codestercodester Posts: 9
    I tried but the brackets won't slide out because the space beteween the track and the end of the bed doesn't allow enough room to slide out.
    did you try and call the dealer where you got the truck maybe there is a different way, i am sorry i couldn't be more help, any ways let me know , it could be that your track could have been damaged before you bought it and thats why the openings are a little too small.
    They slide out on the end against the cab wall. Tilt the end up as it comes to the end of the rail and it'll roll right out. I've had mine out several times.
  • zeliffzeliff Posts: 1
    Just bought a frontier SE CC 4x4 long bed after carefully looking at Toyota and Dodge. The Frontier is the best value by far. I found a querk in the option list. The Truck Value Package gives you 4 wheel positraction via Anti lock brake fundtion. The normal Value Package does not include this and cost more money. I don't believe any other 4x4 this side of landrover does this. Can make a big difference is slick driving.
    Love the truck so far.
  • driver56driver56 Posts: 408
    Congrats! I own a 07 Frontier Nismo Crew 4x4. The only other truck I seriously considered was the Tacoma SR5 4x4 with the TRD package, but preferred most everything about the Frontier, so it was easy for me in the end to decide. I've always been a bang for the buck kinda' guy, and you're are right, the value is there, no doubt.

Enjoy!
    Does anyone out there have anything to say about the undercovers? I know they are light, easy to instal and remove. Im in need of a top for my 07 Frontier Crew, but don't want a canopy.
    Thanks
    Not sure if I know what an 'undercover tonneau' is. Can you explain? I have the Nissan soft tonneau on my '06 SE Crew. Thanks.
    The Undercover is a brand name tonneau made in the U.S.
    Just punch in Undercover Tonneau and a web site should pop up. They're made of a composite material, very light, 58 lbs. for one that fits a full size pickup. Apparently, they are also very strong, will not warp, discolor, and are water tight.

Thanks!
  • I'm about to buy one of these but need a little help deciding between an '07 and a new leftover '06. They are both SE 4x4 SB. There are equipped the same except the '07 has a hitch and is grey, the color I would prefer. The '06 is silver and is about $2,400 less out the door. I'm having a hard time justifying the cost difference. Any input is greatly appreciated.

G
    i bought a 07 se crew cab 4x4 v6 4.0
    and really i would have bought the 07 over the 06 just because
    of the way the dealership works the 06 will lose more of its value when you drive it off the dealer lot then if you buy a 07, but the equipment on both are almost the same,so personally i would go with the 07.
    It depends on how long you keep it. Driving the 06 off the lot, it's already a year and a half old. The 07 won't have that depreciation. For the extra $2400, I'd definitely go with the 07.
    I cannot recall any meaningful differences between '06 and '07 models in 'short bed' models; I'd probably go with the '06. To pay $2.5KL more for the '07 to somehow reduce depreciation is difficult to rationalize. It's odd that they still have an '06 on the lot. Is everything okay with it? Not a demo? Good luck with your choice.

Asa
    2006 SE CC 6-Speed Red Brawn
    You don't think it's a pay now or pay later scenario? I'm always thinking resale. To me, the 07 is worth at least $2500 more. Another option is to wait until the 08's arrive, and pick one up in the dead of Winter. I'd also be wondering about a leftover 06.

Mick
  • tent2tttent2tt Posts: 46
    I am planning to tow a 17' travel trailer or Scamp or Escape fifth wheel (both which are specially designed for compact trucks, so don't freak out on me and tell me it can't be done...these have a GVWR of under 5,000 lbs. and are often paired with Tacoma SR5s). Plan to take it on backroads, up hills, etc. (but I do not want a Titan or Tundra or other large truck...I just need to tow about 6-8 times a year, not all the time and like the compacts).

Test drove a Nissan Frontier NISMO 4 x 4 (AT) with a max tow rating of 6,100 lbs. and a Tacoma SR5 4 x 4 (AT) with a max tow rating of 6,300 lbs. I can tell that the Tacoma is a great truck, but strongly prefer the ride and smoother engine performance of the Frontier. However, the Tacoma can be ordered with a tow package which includes: 130 AMP alternator, transmission oil cooler, engine oil cooler, heavy duty battery, and a 7 pin hardwired hitch receiver with converter.
    The Frontier doesn't offer this option. Only two Nissan salespeople have bothered to note down what the Tacoma offers to see if the Frontier can be similarly spec'd. What I have been told is that the Nissan dealership can install all the same options EXCEPT the 130 AMP alternator. They said the only option with that would be to install an aftermarket 130 AMP alternator, which they do NOT recommend because it might create electrical problems.

I have two questions:

1. Are the Nissan dealerships telling me the truth about being able to install the engine oil cooler and transmission oil cooler?
    2. How crucial is having a 130 AMP alternator for the towing use I have detailed above? Will it hurt me to not have it? Would having a heavy-duty battery paired with a non-130 AMP alternator create any problems?
    3. Why would an aftermarket 130 AMP alternator possibly cause electrical problems?

Thanks to anyone out there who can explain this... I am anxious to buy, but want to be sure I know what I am getting (or not getting)!
  • steevosteevo Posts: 330
    3. Why would an aftermarket 130 AMP alternator possibly cause electrical problems?

Because the alternator has everything to do with the electrical system!
    I guess insalled correctly nothing causes problems but an aftermarket alternator probably voids engine and electrical warranty.

How much power does your camper need? You should compute that first.
    I am definately NOT an expert, but here is my opinion anyway...The Frontier alternator is 110 amps. THe difference between the 2 is [non-permissible content removed]. If you were going to upgrade you would go way larger than just 110 to a 130. WHat type of equipment are you powering?
This discussion has been closed.