Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Nissan Frontier

rocketman67rocketman67 Posts: 82
edited March 19 in Nissan
Any rumors if Nissan will be changing anything on the 2007 nissan frontier?

Comments

• asaasa Posts: 359
    Not that I've yet heard, but there will be a few tweaks no doubt. '07s will probably start appearing on dealer lots in October and word of changes will appear by August or maybe July. I love my '06 SE CC 6-Speed.
  • I've been searching high and low for any news on the '07 Frontier.
    All the people I've asked say nothing of major concern. As you know 'major' can be interpetid in many ways.
    So on that assumption I recently ordered an '06 Frontier NISMO 4x4 6spd. It's supposed to be here early June. I hope I made the right decision.image
  • How did you do with the 2006? Is it 6spd manual. I tried to get a 6spd NISMO in NJ and it is not offered.
  • I am trying to find out if the 2007 nisan frontier will have the sliding overhead rack the is utilized in the Titan.

The bed width is about 2 inches wider on the Titan....and i have been told it will not fit the Frontier. But was also told that the 2007 Frontier will offer the utili-track overhead sliding rack. If anyone can offer any info on whether it will fit the Frontier....or if it indeed coming out for 2007 ,,,that would be much appreciated... :confuse: :confuse: :confuse: . :confuse: . :confuse:
  • 07 Frontiers have a long-bed option. 13" longer I believe.
  • Yes! Nissan is making the Crew Cab Available in a LONG BED! They are dropping the Granite Color and adding a new color called Desert Stone. There will also be a Value Truck Package offered which will include the contents of the Power Package, active brake limited slip, floor mats and bed extender all for a package price of $1,000 MSRP.
  • The new 2007 Frontiers are on www.nissanusa.com
  • The long bed is great, but it seems that it is only available on the SE and LE crew, but not on the Nismo crew. That's kind of disappointing.
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    It makes sense that the long bed is not available for the NISMO CC. Long bed is a detriment when offroading and that is what the NISMO model is all about.
  • togotogo Posts: 2
    Just got a new 2007 CC longbed SE 4x4 from the dealer yesterday. It is gorgeous. I was looking for a deal on a 2006 when the salesman showed me the long bed version and I had to have it. It is so cool it came with the power package, tow package and the bed liner and tie down system. Got a $500 rebate back on it to boot. I don't think I got the best deal but I walked out with it for $26,500. Boy was I excited.
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    Enjoy it!
    What color is it?
  • togotogo Posts: 2
    Mettalic Gray
  • ron_mron_m Posts: 188
    Just got a new 2007 CC longbed SE 4x4 from the dealer yesterday. It is gorgeous. I was looking for a deal on a 2006 when the salesman showed me the long bed version and I had to have it. It is so cool it came with the power package, tow package and the bed liner and tie down system. Got a $500 rebate back on it to boot. I don't think I got the best deal but I walked out with it for $26,500. Boy was I excited.

Sounds nice. I saw a white, double cab, short bed Frontier the other day and it looked great too. I'm thinking about test driving one a week from today. I like the looks of the Frontiers better than those of the various Tacomas, F-series or GM offerings.
  • Any experience with the factory offering?
    Wondering who makes it and whether it uses the utilitrack for install.
  • I just bought a 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab NISMO 4x4. I got the 6-speed, since I like driving stick. My truck has no extra options. I got it for $200 over dealer invoice.

After years of driving 4 cylinder passenger cars, this is a huge departure for me. This is also my first Nissan. Here are some thoughts after a week with my truck.

First, I love this truck. Utterly. I wander into the garage just to touch it and make sure it's still there. I know, that is obsessive. But, I'm enamored. Where to start? It looks great. The paint is perfect and build quality is excellent. Tight panel gaps, like a Honda or a Toyota. The interior is functional and durable. Turn the key and the VQ40 literally bursts alive with a quick throttle blip. It sounds aggressive. On the road, it rides like a big, smooth SUV on good pavement and gets only slightly bouncy on broken roads. The ride is not harsh at all, which is surprising for the NISMO, which has factory off-road Bilsteins.

The steering is probably the greatest part of the driving experience: the steering is heavenly. Sports car tight, a little heavy (which I like) and although the turning radius is wide, Nissan couldn't have set it up any better for my taste. Unlike American trucks with so little feedback and ridiculously light wheel effort, the NISMO feels glued down. Nothing breaks the NISMO off from its intended path.

Oh yeah, and this thing hauls. I can be loafing in 6th gear at 65 on the highway, and easily pass without downshifting. It has loads of torque in every gear. Take off from a light, shift from 1st to 3rd, or even 4th; the truck doesn't care.

Clutch feel and action is very good; shifts are slightly long but hey, this is a truck. Coming from a Honda manual transmission, I've had to spend a little time adapting.

When you climb back out after driving, you almost forgot you were in a pickup.. but there's the bed, factory bedliner and all, waiting for you to.. haul something, I guess.

I don't really need this truck. But I'm glad I bought it because I haven't had this much fun driving in a long time.

So, you see, I'm ecstatic about my truck. If you're even remotely shopping small trucks, you owe it to yourself to test drive the Frontier. It seems that Nissan has launched a sleeper Tacoma killer. Car and Driver rated this thing above the Tacoma in a recent comparo. Drive it, buy, it, love it. :)

Not a Nissan dealer, employee, etc.. just a happy customer.
    I just bought a 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab NISMO 4x4. I got the 6-speed, since I like driving stick. My truck has no extra options. I got it for $200 over dealer invoice.

After years of driving 4 cylinder passenger cars, this is a huge departure for me. This is also my first Nissan. Here are some thoughts after a week with my truck.

First, I love this truck. Utterly. I wander into the garage just to touch it and make sure it's still there. I know, that is obsessive. But, I'm enamored. Where to start? It looks great. The paint is perfect and build quality is excellent. Tight panel gaps, like a Honda or a Toyota. The interior is functional and durable. Turn the key and the VQ40 literally bursts alive with a quick throttle blip. It sounds aggressive. On the road, it rides like a big, smooth SUV on good pavement and gets only slightly bouncy on broken roads. The ride is not harsh at all, which is surprising for the NISMO, which has factory off-road Bilsteins.

The steering is probably the greatest part of the driving experience: the steering is heavenly. Sports car tight, a little heavy (which I like) and although the turning radius is wide, Nissan couldn't have set it up any better for my taste. Unlike American trucks with so little feedback and ridiculously light wheel effort, the NISMO feels glued down. Nothing breaks the NISMO off from its intended path.

Oh yeah, and this thing hauls. I can be loafing in 6th gear at 65 on the highway, and easily pass without downshifting. It has loads of torque in every gear. Take off from a light, shift from 1st to 3rd, or even 4th; the truck doesn't care.

Clutch feel and action is very good; shifts are slightly long but hey, this is a truck. Coming from a Honda manual transmission, I've had to spend a little time adapting.

When you climb back out after driving, you almost forgot you were in a pickup.. but there's the bed, factory bedliner and all, waiting for you to.. haul something, I guess.

I don't really need this truck. But I'm glad I bought it because I haven't had this much fun driving in a long time.

So, you see, I'm ecstatic about my truck. If you're even remotely shopping small trucks, you owe it to yourself to test drive the Frontier. It seems that Nissan has launched a sleeper Tacoma killer. Car and Driver rated this thing above the Tacoma in a recent comparo. Drive it, buy, it, love it.

Not a Nissan dealer, employee, etc.. just a happy customer.

This afternoon I took a 2007 NISMO 4X4 for a test drive. The one that I drove was a white crew cab with an automatic transmission. It had a short bed, but included a bed extender and divider along with a roof rack. It didn't have a premium audio system or XM satellite radio. This particular truck rode and handled great for a pickup truck! I was very impressed with how quiet the cabin was at highway speeds as well. The only thing that I didn't particularly care for, and this is just my own personal nitpicking, was the material of the headliner. It just appeared a bit too cheap for my personal taste when you consider how much money a truck of this caliber costs. However, I could easily look over the headliner due to all of the many, many positive aspects of the truck that I noticed. The seats were very comfortable and their fabric had a really cool, rugged appearance to it.

I'm thinking very seriously about purchasing one of these trucks. It would be a major change for me compared to what I am currently driving the majority of the time, but I really do like the 4X4 NISMO crew cab.

Ron M.
  • Interesting that you drove a NISMO with a roof rack. Was that a Nissan rack, or something the dealer put on? I thought only the LE came with the roof rack.

My NISMO also has the very base audio package. Just 4 speakers, and an AM/FM/CD head unit. No MP3 playback, no satellite, no auxiliary input. My feeling is that a truck like the NISMO deserves an uprated audio system, standard. It wouldn't really cost Nissan all that much. Lesser vehicles have MP3 and satellite standard now. I'm not too worried, as I have already ordered a package from Crutchfield: Alpine CDA-9856 head unit, XM tuner box, iPod cable, and four Infinity Reference speakers. $450 for the package, and I like installing things so I should be OK.
    Interesting that you drove a NISMO with a roof rack. Was that a Nissan rack, or something the dealer put on? I thought only the LE came with the roof rack.

I didn't ask the salesman whether or not the roof rack was a genuine Nissan part. On their Website I went in and did a 'Build Your Own' Frontier and the roof rack wasn't an option that could be checked on/off for the Nismo. But the one that I test drove most definitely had one on it. Also, I've seen a few around town the past couple of weeks that had a roof rack. Looks nice on the Nismo.

Ron M.
  • 2005lekc2005lekc Posts: 145
    My 2007 Brochure shows the roof rack as standard on the LE CC and as an option with the sunroof package on the Nismo CC.

OkieScot
This discussion has been closed.