Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Fit v. Scion xB

124»

Comments

• Nobody has posted on this topic in quite some time. I'm looking at 09 fit sport at vs.09 scion Xb. I know they aren't the same but they r priced the same, both being around 18k OTD from what I gather. Just would like to see some updated opinions...
  • tiff_ctiff_c Posts: 531
    Nobody has posted on this topic in quite some time. I'm looking at 09 fit sport at vs.09 scion Xb. I know they aren't the same but they r priced the same, both being around 18k OTD from what I gather. Just would like to see some updated opinions...

I don't think you can really compare the xB to the Fit. The Scion xD is much closer to the Fit and I have driven all of these. We bought the Fit because my wife liked it best. Fuel economy is not all that great on a new xB and the xD is actually a bit better than the Fit. This forum isn't to compare the xD tho, so i won't. I found the xB to be large and my wife didn't drive it very far before she lost interest in it as it was too big. We like the Fit, but would like the Fit to have the engine that comes in the xD. A few more HP would be a big plus in the Fit. The Fit does extremely well in the snow with the stock tires. Normally in my area with unplowed roads snow tires are mandatory but the Fit just blasts through the snow. I don't know if that is a factor for you or not. Ultimately it comes down to what you need and like best. The xB has a ton more power over the Fit. The Fit gets far better mpg than the xB. Drive both, and get what *you* like.
  • falvettefalvette Posts: 4
    I have an 08 Scioin XB and a 09 FIt. I like both but use them very differently. The Fit is around town and short out of town day trips as it is great on gas. For my long trips I use the XB. The XB has a better ride to me, a lot more room and still fairly good on gas. I really like how the XB lets me sit up higher. I also feel safer in the XB since is came with traction control and the Fit didn't. So when the weather is bad and the roads really wet I"ll be in my XB if at all possible. Overall I really like them both and feel fortunate to get to pick which one I'l drive on any given day.
  • bobw3bobw3 Posts: 2,997
    It's funny that while the XB is quite a bit larger on the outside, the behind the second row cargo space is equal at about 21 CuFt; however, you do get 5" more legroom in XB and more cargo space when you fold down the 2nd row. So if you're carrying 4 average size people (or 2 adults and 2 kids like in our case), then the Fit seems like a winner based on the fact that you're getting the same cargo space behind the 2nd row, yet are getting a lot better MPG (50% better MPG with the Fit), but it really depends on your needs/uses.
  • falvettefalvette Posts: 4
    Your right about the space behind the second row. What I like and need is the space in the XB when the seats are down. I have hauled home full size chester drawers in the XB that would never have made it in the Fit. When the seats are folded down in the Fit I can get my dog crate in and a few more things but not enough for a long trip with the dog, two coolers and suite cases. They are both great cars as far as I'm concerned.
124»
This discussion has been closed.