Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda3 vs Honda Accord

1235»

Comments

• aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    p.s. Mazda needs to review their pricing.

The Mazda3 is right on par, in terms of pricing, with the Honda Civic, in which it competes against. Not the Accord.

BTY, Mazda3 does have DSC on the s Touring and Grand Touring models.
  • autonomousautonomous Posts: 1,769
    p.s. Mazda needs to review their pricing.

The Mazda3 is right on par, in terms of pricing, with the Honda Civic, in which it competes against. Not the Accord.

Canadian prices are a wonderous thing to behold and a mystery to unravel. Moreover, competing against the Honda Civic on par in terms of price seems problematic to me when one considers that the Mazda3 is going into its 5th (and likely last) model year while the Honda Civic has recently gone through a significant makeover.
    Moreover, competing against the Honda Civic on par in terms of price seems problematic to me when one considers that the Mazda3 is going into its 5th (and likely last) model year while the Honda Civic has recently gone through a significant makeover.

Yes, the Civic recently had a major over haul, however, the Mazda3 in it's 5th year of production still is considered a top pick, and still has features and options that the competition still does not have (leather, climate control, Xenon's). Even being in it's 5th year of production, the Mazda3 is no where near obsolete. Look at the 2005 Civic, that was a dinosaur compared to the Mazda3. You cannot say that now about the Mazda3 compared to the new Civic.

As far as Canadian prices go, I cannot help you in that, I'm from the U.S., and are only familiar with U.S. pricing. Comparably equipped, the Mazda3 and Civic are the same price.
  • blaneblane Posts: 2,017
    What makes you think that Civics do not have leather and climate control? The headlanps are Halogen, less likely to blind an oncoming driver than Xenon. Just buy an EX-L.

http://automobiles.honda.com/images/2008/civic-sedan/downloads/2008-civic-sedan-- - factsheet.pdf
    I was unaware that the 2008 Civic has leather. My apologies. The 2008 Mazda3's are soon to have a power seat as well, something Civic does not have. I don't believe the Civic has stability control or traction control either.

The headlamps are Halogen, less likely to blind an oncoming driver than Xenon

Xenons are also the closest thing to natural light that man can produce. On back roads it makes night driving very easy.

My point was that even in it's 5th year of production, the Mazda3 is a no where near obsolete. Usually models that late into their run are in dire need of a makeover, for example the current Mazda6.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    I've got nothing against the 3, but its road noise is pretty horrendous on the interstate with the uplevel wheels; you feel every piece of the road in your butt, too.

I have two friends with these cars; one has a 3S and I don't like riding in it. I prefer the 3i. It rides a lot more like the Civic, which is a good compromise to me.
    Yeah, the 3s's have a stiffer ride. Some like it, some don't. Do the 17's really perform better? I don't think it matters too much. I think they look nicer, but, the tires are more money to replace.

I'm surprised it took this long to offer leather in the Civic. Most every car in this class has it now, i think.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    If you think about though, it really shouldn't be too surprising. Honda didn't even offer leather on the Odyssey van until 2002.

Here in Alabama, I'd never have leather as my first choice since it gets so hot. I do understand others wanting it though. (From what I understand, some of the leather in vehicles like Corolla and Cobalt can feel like little more than glorified vinyl, although I have no first-hand experience to confirm this).
    (From what I understand, some of the leather in vehicles like Corolla and Cobalt can feel like little more than glorified vinyl, although I have no first-hand experience to confirm this).

I can't say I's disagree with you there, however, I have not seen the leather in the Corolla. Cobalt, not very nice. The Focus had cheesy leather too.
  • Mazda 3 or mazda 6

GENERAL IDEA
    Civic compete with Mazda 3
    Accord compete with Mazda 6

Accord have rough shifting and
    transmitions can be unreliable
1235»
This discussion has been closed.