Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Grand Cherokee Vibration

123457»

Comments

• daddy28daddy28 Posts: 7
    About 4 yrs ago there was a recall on a 2002 jeep grand cheorkee laredo because the radiator fans were basically chit. I brought the jeep in soon after as it was over heating alot. Turns out the fan blew out which in return blew out my radiator fan relay which was 340 out of pocket. Withinn one yr, the fan they replaced blew out again and in return blew out the relay, they replaced the fan for free yet cost me 340 out of pocket again for another relay, the next yr the exact same scenerio, and guess what happened 2 weeks ago, YOU GUESSED IT, my fan has blown once again and i know the relay is blown as well.

Does anyone have any info why this happens every single yr? I love my jeep but it is really looking like it wasnt worth it, to have to keep dealing with this situation every single yr. Not to mention that in summer i can't roll down my windows because the regulators blow out on all of the windows and thats around 240 to 280 a pop to fix, i live in vegas, so maybe the heat causes all of these problems i'm not sure, but it is huge pain in the [non-permissible content removed], like i said any info is very very welcomed thank you.
  • gp024megp024me Posts: 7
    Hello all Jeepsters,well finally after a total of six weeks of trial and error The jeep is fixed. Lets see now 7000 dollars later AT THERE EXPENSE whole new rear end from rotors ,rear carrier, axles, the whole nine ,a drive shaft that was installed previously and New Tranny throw in a couple of motor mounts and WHALA! just before my 36,000mile warranty ran out.No more Vibes the last thing that was installed was the Tranny and motor mounts and the vibes came to a Halt.Theres a Chrystler Jeep Card in your handbook fill it out thats your only Ace you hold so look in the book and mail it....
  • Since I purchased from dealer then I drove to Goodyear dealer to replace set of tires from Fortera HL to Fortera SilentArmor. The vehicle become problem with 70-75 mph vibration. I had Goodyear to rebalance the tires three times and still have same problem. I gave up and bought the vehicle to Dodge Jeep service center. They replaced driveshaft and inspected everything. The problem was not solved and then they replaced tires with Bridgestone Dueler H/L. The vibration problem remained as same with Goodyear tires. Then Jeep service decided to replace with Michelin LTX M/S tires. I was very surprise as vibration disappeared completely on any speed. I asked service man why it happend and he said he did not know why and just followed Chrysler engineer's recommended. I have my Jeep for three years and still not know why as asked Goodyear, Bridgestone, Michelin and Chrysler same question and they refused to answer my specific questions????

I suspected it may possible problem related to Jeep Chrome- Plated Moduflex wheels. As Jeep stopped to use it on 2008 because of vibration problem. I am still not sure if this may cause the problem.
  • I have the same issue as the following post on My Commander - anyone else had that issue? or a resolve to it as i am just about to stick the silent armour fortera's on.

Since I purchased from dealer then I drove to Goodyear dealer to replace set of tires from Fortera HL to Fortera SilentArmor. The vehicle become problem with 70-75 mph vibration. I had Goodyear to rebalance the tires three times and still have same problem. I gave up and bought the vehicle to Dodge Jeep service center. They replaced driveshaft and inspected everything. The problem was not solved and then they replaced tires with Bridgestone Dueler H/L. The vibration problem remained as same with Goodyear tires. Then Jeep service decided to replace with Michelin LTX M/S tires. I was very surprise as vibration disappeared completely on any speed. I asked service man why it happend and he said he did not know why and just followed Chrysler engineer's recommended. I have my Jeep for three years and still not know why as asked Goodyear, Bridgestone, Michelin and Chrysler same question and they refused to answer my specific questions????

I suspected it may possible problem related to Jeep Chrome- Plated Moduflex wheels. As Jeep stopped to use it on 2008 because of vibration problem. I am still not sure if this may cause the problem.
  • Just bought a 2006 GCL Hemi. Hated highway speed vibrations that started at about 60 and worsened with higher speeds. Took back to dealer who said he balanced the wheels by mounting them on the equipment differently. As others said earlier, they don't mount properly when done the usual way. I know that was a very vague description. The thing now flies on the highway, smoothly. Same tires, no new parts, all done in one visit.
  • jeffsrjeffsr Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2012 GC Overland with the V6 engine. Between speeds of 50 to 70 mph there is a floor vibration that is very noticeable. This also results in a noise problem .At 75 mph the vibration goes away and it is a great ride. The dealer agrees that this is a problem and that Chrysler is aware of it, but presently does not have a fix. It seems like this problem is only on the Overland model with the air lift suspension. They also told me I could not file under the lemon law for it would talk three attempts to fix and they would not even attempt to fix it because they do not have a cure for the problem . I also noticed that they are no longer advertising the lift suspension any more. I assume there are others with the same problem ? I am open for advise on how to handle this
  • Hello!

I had exactly same problem with GC Overland 2008. Jeep dealer took it apart, they even send some parts for special balancing. Then they returned car back saying they did not find anything wrong and that it is caused by switching the HEMI engine. I also got "official" leter from Chrysler that it is a normal behavior (what a bullsh*t!).

However, when they returned the car, the problem disappeared. Therefore I suspect that they know it is some kind of design flaw and they fix it secretly so they do not have to recall many cars.

Keep pushing your dealer to have main axis (I do not know the proper English word, it is the big one that goes from front wheels to rear) re-balanced.

Jan
  • After many repair rounds with Chrysler replacing things (like a new drive shaft) and balancing tires, the vibration in my 2008 JGC Limited (with Hemi) still did not go away, I finally invoked the Lemon Law. After a settlement with Chrysler, I took the Jeep to Discount Tire and had the tires computer ride matched - wow, what a difference. The vibration disappeared and I even kept the Jeep after the lease was up as its been reliable otherwise. Just put some Michelin tires on it and the ride is super smooth at all speeds.
  • rkbintxrkbintx Posts: 6
    jeffsr, I wanted to know what the outcome of your Overland vibration is so far. I may purchase one of these in the future, but not if there's a potential vibration problem. Should I stay away from the Quadra Lift suspension?

Thanks
  • dont know if you got the problem fixed but it might be death wobble so check out the tie rods and the track bar(panhan bar) if the bolts are loose it can cause similar issues it seems odd but i found this to be the problem
  • We've had a 2012 Overland with Quadra Lift since Dec. and noticed the vibration problem soon thereafter. I thought I'd let it get worse to make the problem more noticeable for the dealer and let them feel it also. It did not get any worse but it really bugs you after a few miles at 70 to 75 MPH. We took it back to our dealer that we have a lot of faith in and they fixed one issue (unrelated) and asked us to bring the car back for two days while they looked into the vibration problem. They finally said that Chrysler knows about the problem but there is no fix but did not mention the Quadra Lift connection. There should be a lemon law resolution for this.
  • Hi, I have a 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 6cyl auto with Command track 4wd. The motor and trans were replaced about 6 months ago and the rest of the jeep has 213,000 miles on it. It has developed a strange noise and vibration. It will start doing it around 50 to 70mph. It sounds and feels like I am driving on a wash board road. If I let up on the gas slightly, The noise and vibration goes away until the next time. Accelerating or turning the wheels side to side won't make it go away, only letting off the gas a little. It does not do it all the time but I've notice that it does it a lot when going up a slight grade. It does not do it all the time maybe 3 times in a 40mi trip. It does not do it under hard acceleration, only driving normally. Do you have any Idea what could be causing this??? Thanks
  • Have you looked at the motor and transmission mounts? Check that the drive shafts are tight and free of play. Check drive shaft alignment.
  • Motor and trans mounts are good. New u-joints and no play in either shaft. It now does it a lower speeds too and does not have to be going up an incline. I just went on a 200mi trip. Some times it will happen two or three times in a 1/2mi or not at all in 50mi. I had the trans rebuilt last year, could it be in the trans?
123457»