Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Fit Hybrid

1235»

Comments

• A dedicated hybrid would be fine, lets just hope they incorporate some of the lessons learned from the Fit, ie.creative space utilization.
  • fitrnfitrn Posts: 47
    Is there any news on the Hybird Fit??? My research is bringing me to dead ends.. :confuse:
  • PFFlyer@EdmundsPFFlyer@Edmunds Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,807
    When they announced that the Insight was going to be discontinued, I saw that they plan to introduce a new hybrid-specific car in 2009. Whether that turns out to be a hybrid Fit or not, I suppose we'll find out more sometime this year

PFFlyer@Edmunds

Moderator - Hatchbacks & Hybrid Vehicles

• homespunhomespun Posts: 2
    Does anyone know whether Honda is going to make a Fit hybrid? Or is that now just an old story?

At this point, Fit looks like the right Fit for me even if it is just old fashioned technology.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,623
    As pf_flyer noted, Honda has announced a new hybrid for 2009 that they said will be smaller than the Civic Hybrid. But they haven't said yet whether it will be the Fit or a new model.
  • rv65rv65 Posts: 1,074
    Actually it's a CR-X successor. The CR-Z should give it the excitement of the 88-91 CRX but will have a hybrid powerplant.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,623
    Does that mean a two-seater? If so... :(
    Well they said it would be as fun to drive as the 88-91 CR-X.
    This new hybrid is said to be fun to drive like the CR-X. This new hybrid is said to be built in Indiana. Maybe I could be misinterpreting but hey the so called fit hybrid is actually the new Small family hybrid. CR-Z is coming out but not before MY10.

Also honda has trademarked the name Latitiude. Latitude is the name of a new Accord based crossover. Some say it's the stream. I think it's the JDM Odyssey that might come here. That would make for an interesting crossover. Could have the 190 HP K24 and a 268 HP J35. Might compete with the ody but should give the Ford flex a run for it's money.
    Rumor has it that a Fit hybrid might come out. It might not be for our market though. Possibly in this generation. The global hybrid is the Honda Prius fighter. The global hybrid will have FCX Clarity styling cues. Could look very similar to the FCX clarity. Also Honda is working on the CR-Z that will likely be the sporty Hybrid. The CR-Z will be a fun to drive, fuel efficient, sporty hybrid.

Some more information on Honda's new hybrid plans.
    This new global small hybrid and the CR-Z are coming out sometime next year.
  • bobw3bobw3 Posts: 2,997
    I wonder what sort of MPG a Fit Hybrid would get? I average in the mid 30s with my Sport Auto and had 40.2mpg on my last highway trip. Unless a Fit Hybrid will get in the mid 40s average and 50+mpg real-world on the highway, it would be worth it to me.
  • I think that the fit Hybrid is about 4 yrs. off. Wayne
  • bgrangebgrange Posts: 1
    I am very sad to hear Honda is not currently thinking of sending the Honda Fit Hybrid to the US. I recently drove both the Insight and the Fit. Had the Fit come in Hybrid form I would have bought immediately. I favor the visibility and handling of the Fit a bit over that of the Insight.

"We can confirm that the CR-Z will go on sale in the U.S. in 2010," but added, "We are not ready to announce any plans for the sale of the Fit Hybrid in regions outside of Japan."
1235»