Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Land Rover LR2

Comments

• rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,652
    That's true for the Compass. The Patriot will have low range as part of an option package called Freedom Drive II. See link.

http://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18

I would still want a low range, if for no other reason other than off-road insurance. Same with a full-size spare tire. I'm hoping the LR2 at least has that? Also, what the tow rating (braked and unbraked)?

Bob
  • british_roverbritish_rover Posts: 8,476
    I don't think they have released tow raitings yet for the LR2. The freelander was 3500 lbs I think with trailer brakes.
  • bosi77bosi77 Posts: 37
    Will the land rover LR2 have an adjustable air suspension?
    From all I have seen no.
  • bosi77bosi77 Posts: 37
    I want to know how do you start a new forum? Can you please help me out?
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,676
    I can help you (I'm the host!) - what do you want to do? Please make sure we don't already have a discussion before starting a new one. Use the search tool at the left.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Yeah better to let Kristie help you I just post here and I do that too much.

When I started this thread I looked around to see if there was anything on the LR2 and when I didn't I just started it.

In retrospect I should have named the thread Land Rover LR2 instead of 2008 Land Rover LR2.
  • murphydogmurphydog Posts: 491
    two questions about the upcoming LR2.

1. Was Car and Driver on the money with pricing? I.e. starting at 29,000 and 34,000 loaded?
    2. How does the LR2 compare in size to my 01 Montero sport, wheel base is nearly the same, but did not see any other numbers for the LR2

Thanks!
    They haven't told us pricing yet but I would hope that is what they would keep it at around that.

They originaly said they the base price of the LR2 would be around about where the old Freelander topped out. This makes me think a 29,999 base price, keep in mind no one will order those cars, and then probably mid to upper 30,000s for the top end.

Land Rover has already increassed the base price of the LR3 signifcantly for 2007 so I bet they are leaving room for a very pricey 38,000-40,000 dollar LR2. The LR3 used to start under 40,000 but Land Rover has now required that all V6 LR3s come with the 3000 dollar premium package. That combined with the normaly year to year price increases means that I think a 2007 LR3 will start around 43,000. They have not announed 2007 pricing yet either so I do not know for sure.

The only other bits of data I have on the LR2 as far as size is concerned are for interior volume.

Luggage volume with the rear seats folded stands at 59 cubic feet. With the rear seats up volume stands at 26.5 cubic feet. These numbers are aproximate and could change some. That is a little less then 10 cubic feet more space then the old freelander.
    hmmmm....35,000 for a premimum small SUV maybe, but 40,000 might be too much. Even though the wheel base is nearly the same the luggage space sounds quite a bit smaller than what I have right now.

I guess I will have to wait and see when they arrive. From the pictures it is a very handsome SUV, and I like the thought of comfort and ability. ;)
    An X3 starts at 36,800 and with just the typical options breaks 40,000 awful quick.
    Really the LR2 was not on my list until I received my most recent Car and Driver. My Montero Sport has the balance of room and off road ability for my family. I would not look at an X3 for that reason, i.e. other than heading to the local ski area is is not much of an off roader. The LR2 merits a second look because is has off road ability in addition to being a refined ride. Granted it is no defender 90, but I think it would get me to my favorite shady spot down along the river!

I would love an LR3, but just don't feel right spending 50k on any car.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,111
    person by any stretch of the imagination, but the interior of the LR2 is beautiful! I can't wait to see what it looks like in other colors (other than the yellowish puke color in the LR site).

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• yaya4yaya4 Posts: 4
    I know pictures have been posted and a lot of info is already on the thread i just thought i would add my 2 cents. Aside from this awesome new car, they have hired Maria Sharapova to be their spokesperson for the release of the car as well. I think the car will sell itself but no problem adding a super athlete to its marketing tactics.

http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/Company/News/Corporate_news/Maria_Sharapova.ht- m
    Any additional scoop you can provide on the LR2 would be much appreciated. I am very curious to see this car in person. Do you know if it will be on the fall auto show circuit?
    It will launch at the British Auto show in July and the european launch will be sometime after that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Land Rover brings some pre-production models to the larger North American Auto shows. I am pretty sure they have already set up a large event for Land Rover retailers in October/November sometime.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,111
    Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Maria Sharapova in more commercials, but I doubt it will have an impact on sales of the LR2.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

The British Auto show starts tomorrow err today err well it starts in six hours according to the website.

http://www.britishmotorshow.co.uk/

I am not sure when the LR2 is being shown but it will be sometime this week.
    According to this article.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=116159#2

The LR2 is going to be priced around 15% below the LR3 which means it should start around $33,000 to $34,000
  • BR - Anymore updates on the LR2? I looking forward to seeing one in real life at the seattle autoshow. :shades: