Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Land Rover LR2

Comments

• I see what we have here is a failure to communicate.

There are still LR2 SEs and Tambora Flame LR2s on the ground but I can't order anymore.

I think the Last Tambora Flame LR2s had to be ordered in June and the last LR2 SEs in July or august. The first HSE LR2s won't be on the ground till November.
  • 08lr308lr3 Posts: 76
    wow. my lr dealer charged 75 USD to tint my windows.

and with LR killing the SE trim only after one year, its going to KILL our resale. AND this is deterring me from looking at the LR3 to replace the LR2 in 2 years.. Audi, here I come.
  • jeyhoejeyhoe Posts: 490
    "I see what we have here is a failure to communicate."

OK, boss. SO only HSE going forward? SE dropped right at start of 2008? Kinda strange doncha think? Is this the typical LR way? Also, Tambora Flame is the color most associated with the vehicle. WHY would they drop it?
  • verdugoverdugo Posts: 1,978
    In the US LR only wants a premium image. In Europe you can get a pretty stripped down LR2. In the US you can only find fully loaded ones. The LR3 V6 was dropped as well. Smart strategy. They know their market niche and they are further going for it. Good for them.

Tambora Flame was only a limited color. It was announced as such from the very beginning. It's not so much that they dropped it, but it was made only in limited quantity for a limited period to make it more unique and desirable. Again, good for them.

I bet British Rover and lrguy44 can provide a more authoritative answer.
    authoritative answer we await. :shades:
  • All I know is what the dealer told me when I buzzed him for info. Don't know why he would have any reason to not tell me the truth, as I made it perfectly clear what I wanted and when I wanted it.
  • kqxikqxi Posts: 1
    New to this board. Have been reading comments in these threads because we test drove an LR2 and really liked it. I have some concerns about reliability and quirky problems, but really liked the vehicle.

Question: the LR2 produces a loud and annoying beep when shifting into reverse....even when shifting past reverse to go straight to drive. Do they all do this and is there a way to override this so-called safety alert?
  • That is letting you know that the Rear Park Distance Control feature is activated and no you cannot override it as far as I know.
  • I actually like the beep. The side view mirrors also tilt down. I just leased the LR2 with the light / tech package and turned in my 2005 ML350 a couple of months ahead of time. The LR2 is remarkably more fun to drive than the ML350 (and I have had 2).
  • The HSE is just a cosmetic package. Be happy that you can get a great deal on the SE. That's what convinced me to pull the trigger. I got my LR2 SE for $5500 under invoice! I doubt you will see aggressive deals on the the HSE for a while.
    What? $5500 under invoice? Are you sure it wasn't under MSRP? Either way, good deal. Was it brand new or was it a demo?
  • If it was really 5,500 invoice then I am assuming you bought a service loaner.

There is only 3,000 dollars of marketing support so the most you are going to see a dealer discount the car is 1,500-2,000 dollars under invoice.
    well, i'm not at all happy with paying what LR said was the MSRP or close to it, then giving out 3k in incentives. Just price the car fair and forget the this kicker. Its not fair to all those that purchased this year. Its like apple releasing the iphone for 599, then dropping the price months later for 299. sucks period.

but, do like my LR, hate looooosing money (value) on the car like that..period..
  • What are your favorite features on your LR2?
  • I've had my LR2 since mid-July and just love it. Mine has the lights and heat package. Didn't get the tech because we already have a GPS and my two teenagers have Ipods. We live in northern Italy and I wanted a vehicle that was confortable and agile. I get both of that with the LR2. We have narrower roads and smaller parking spots here (on average). The LR2 can turn on a dime and is an extremely smooth ride. The 0-60 mph is not there, but that is not what I was looking for in this vehicle. What I like is the rear parking assistant. Lot's of parallel parking here. I like the Xenon adaptive lights. Never been able to see that well in the dark driving. We don't have a garage so the LR2 stays outside. The heated windscreen is a GREAT feature. Waiting for the defroster to warm up before driving off is a thing of the past. I hit one button and all the glass starts to be defogged/defrosted almost immediately. My wife loves the heated seats. I will tell that we got rid of a 98 Windstar and bought the LR2. Needless to say there is a considerable difference in what we had and what we went to.
  • jax10jax10 Posts: 36
    I have read, researched...trying to decide whether to get LR2...I know every make has its "lemons" & problems, but this seems to be a major one that I have read over & over, from the time they came out...living at least 4 hour (round trip) from closest dealer I am thinking it is a very big risk to buy the LR2...does Land Rover plan on having a recall on this problem? The REVIEW below is the latest REVIEW posted on EDMUNDS...Thanks.

BEWARE OF THIS CAR!
    Date Posted: 10/19/2007 By: mtd130 RATING:

DETAILED RATINGS:
    Performance: 1 Fun-to-Drive: 1 Build Quality: 1
    Comfort: 5 Interior Design: 5 Reliability: 1
    Fuel Economy: 4 Exterior Design: 7

Vehicle
    2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)
    Review
    I bought this car and have had nothing but major saftey issue. It just died on me while I was driving before I had driven it 2000 miles. It got towed to the dealership and they had a software update for it. I then took it back and then less then a week, it died again. The tech at Land rover told me it was a "docking of the key" problem and it loses communicaton with the fuel line! No fix out there for this computer- key problem and yes there are getting more complaints about this issue. As of right now, I am not getting into this car.
  • Never heard of it. Sounds like BS to me.
  • nah, I can vouch for this, it's a real problem... My LR2 had this problem -- happened quite a few times. The first time, I was leaving the grocery store and pulled up to first stoplight. When it turned green, I pulled up and was turning left through the intersection. Halfway through the intersection, my LR2 started stalling like I was out of gas even though I had more than a half tank. Luckily, there was a parking lot right past the intersection because my car cut off completely and the steering wheel locked up. I was able to force the steering wheel over enough to just make it into the parking lot. When I restarted the car, everything worked fine again. Since then, it has happened about 5 or 6 more times, but each time i have noticed it as soon as I crank it up. I think it has something to do with pushing the start button quickly as you're inserting the key.

When I took my car in for the 7,500 mile service, they did some sort of recall software update that had to do with the ignition, so I'm assuming that's what they were fixing. I haven't had that problem since my service.

That said, I still have my radio no-sound issue that LR is finally "aware of" and their engineers are working on a software update to fix it. I need to check my notes -- I am probably pretty close to, if not already qualified for, Lemon Law status. If that's the case, I'll give them one final chance to fix it during a non-scheduled visit. If they don't have a fix for it yet, I may get them to buy it back from me and take my money to BMW. I never had these kinds of problems with my 330Ci, and I was always treated like gold by their customer service department. LR service managers are usually nice, but nowhere near as pleasant and accommodating as BMW service managers.

The ONLY thing that might keep me from pushing the Lemon Law case is that the LR2 has absolutely the BEST sounding sound system of any vehicle I have ever owned. I've had high-end aftermarket systems that can't hold a candle to this system. Even the upgraded, 10-speaker Harmon Kardon system in my 330 wasn't nearly as clear through the spectrum when I crank the tunes as my LR2 system.

But then again, the LR2 system isn't much good when it doesn't work... we'll see.

Rob
  • Does anyone know, Will there be LR2 2009 model . Didn't people start ordering 2008's last year at this time? Just wondering if they will have them, what will change??
    Read back a few posts. All your questions have been answered recently :shades: