Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Accord vs Ford Fusion

Comments

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,614
    in the picture of the fusion, the 2 most commonly used climate control functions(temp and fan speed) can be adjusted using the redundant controls on the steering wheel.
  • neteng101neteng101 Posts: 176
    In the picture of the Accord, we see a trim level that no Fusion can't come close to matching... an available 6-speed manual transmission that goes 0-60 in 5.9 seconds. A car for the true enthusiast drivers! :D

The Fusion - with only an autobox in V6 trim... can't be considered a car for the true diehard performance enthusiast drivers. :lemon:
  • elroy5elroy5 Posts: 3,741
    In the Accord you put the A/C on dual auto, and the temp control is the closest knob to you. The passenger can control his/her own temp the same way. That's as easy as it gets.
  • goodegggoodegg Posts: 905
    Ford's got the boxy looking, clunky, cheap controls thing going. Just aweful. If they changed that they'd have a chance. But its tough to beat the Accord's aircraft look and feel to its controls, switches and buttons.

Yea - Ford just can't come close to the level of Honda when it comes to interiors.
    Predicted reliability is different from strong initial quality.

Its basically math. And therein lies the problem... the Duratec 6 in the Fusion isn't a stellar engine. Besides the addition of VVT, its a carryover from the Duratec engines in the 1995-2006 Sable/Taurus. This engine has not proven itself to be rock solid... things happen to them as they approach the 100k miles marker. Even the Vulcan which I had in my Taurus which is considered a more reliable engine than the Duratec 6 had issues. I've read plenty of Duratec woes from Sable/Taurus discussions in my time owning the car. This is something CR I would be isn't looking at in their predictions.

Honda motors OTOH are rock solid... both the K and J engines should easily do the 105k to first scheduled tuneup. I put close to 80k on a new K-series engine before the car got totaled in an accident... never a sign of any problems. The Vulcan I had with only 50k miles when I got the car needed attention pretty quickly. Honda has some of the best engines in the world... everything from lawn mowers, bikes, cars, and now even a jet. That's pretty darn impressive and they had many years in successful F1 racing too. The engine is like the heart of a car.

And I know from first-hand experience that a Honda designed crumple zones/safety structure/airbag combo works!
    that's really funny! an accord 'a car for true enthusiast driver'. i guess if that's the best of someone's experience i can see how they that could feel that way. 80% are 4 cyl models. how many are 6 cyl/6 speed? 2 or 3 percent?
    when i think accord or fusion, i think family sedan.
    They aren't that rare - one of the guys in my development has the Accord V6 6MT (not a coupe, a sedan!) as a daily driver and Corvette sitting in his garage. ;)

You can have a family and still enjoy your drive!
    yeah, there are rare, just like 17 years ago when i had an sho as a daily driver and a mustang gt as a summer car.
    back then, my 1989 sho 3.0 v6 redlined at 7200 rpm.
    current v6 honda still can't match that. :surprise:
  • my 1989 sho 3.0 v6 redlined at 7200 rpm

You realize that was a Yamaha engine....right?
    i still drove it and it was almost 20 years ago. maybe i'm still listed in the 'sho registry'. my point is, it a case of it's been done and not so recently. a ford/honda v6/manual trans is a niche vehicle, not what most buyers purchase.
    i kind of think of the fusion as a possible sho 'lite'.
    a v6/manual trans accord sedan sounds like my kind of niche car! i always have liked vehicles that are just a bit different(sleepers). ;)
    The Fusion is the Fusion. There is no Fusion SHO, Fusion SVT, etc at this point. Honda does have an Accord that is special in the V6 6MT... there is no equal in a Fusion.
    except a mustang which will.., well you know.
    i will admit that the current accord for the most part has exceeded the envelope of a 19 year old performance oriented taurus. :P
    I will admit I would be drooling if Ford would build a limited production version of the Giugiaro Mustang... that is a thing of beauty.
    '09, if the spy pictures are accurate.
  • baggs32baggs32 Posts: 3,210
    '09 spy shots

I don't know if I see exactly what they are pointing out but you might get the picture.
    The front end would be promising if its the same as the concept (nice effect with the headlights and the hood light an eyelash) - I would hope they'd offer an all glass roof option too, much like the concept and the Porsche 911 targa.
  • baggs32baggs32 Posts: 3,210
    You can get a current Mustang with the panoramic roof right now from a dealer (doesn't open and installed by a 3rd party). I saw one when shopping for mine. It wasn't my cup of tea plus they wanted $10k over sticker for the option.
    what do think the chances are of ford releasing a retro fusion that looks like an original taurus? of course that is a joke. :)
  • elroy5elroy5 Posts: 3,741
    Why are you talking about the Mustang? I don't remember seeing Mustang in the thread title. Oh, I guess you can't talk about the Fusion, and performance, at the same time, because the Fusion doesn't have much. :sick:
    i don't consider accord and performance at the same time.
    my guess is most others don't either, although some do.
This discussion has been closed.