Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota FJ Cruiser Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Congratulations on your new ride, vdubdude. The ride to work is so much more pleasant when you're driving something that you like, isn't it? Enjoy.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome boldstorm. Most leases today are closed-end leases, meaning that your vehicle's residual value is set at signing rather than being open ended. If I was in your situation, I personally would pass on the extended warranty and pre-paid maintenance. You really don't need them on a leased vehicle.

I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal, but first it would be a big help if you would provide me with your truck's MSRP. This will show me how much of a discount you are being given on it.

One thing that I can tell you now is that you are paying too much at lease signing. I always advise consumers against making any sort of capitalized cost reduction, aka down payment, on leased vehicles. Those who do risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hello Car-man,

Thank you for your response and wisdom about the optional insurances.

Yesterdays concern and uneasy gut feeling turned out to be correct. I called the dealership and asked them what the money rate for the lease was. They gave me a cash value and I told them, i wanted the percent. After some humming, she told me it was 0.0035. Thanks to info I found on Edmunds.com I multiplied it by 24 and was HORRIFIED to see that the supposedly incredible rate I was getting due to my excellent credit was 9%! I called the Assist. Sales Mgr and told him I had no plans to continue through with the lease and would not take delivery of the car because I could not trust them. He asked me to come in on to talk about it. I will do that, but this time will be smarter.

You asked me about the MSRP. I priced the package etc. on toyota.com and got the price of $30,233.00.

Anyway, your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Regards,

John
    aka Boldstorm :mad:
  • seanwestseanwest Posts: 6
    Car Man,
    Can you tell me the April lease rates for the TOYOTA FJ CRUISER BASE 4WD AUTO? For 36mo with 12k miles? This would be for the Virginia/Maryland region.
    Thanks much.
    You're very welcome, John. You were smart to find out what money factor the dealership that you were working with was trying to charge you before finalizing your deal. A factor of .00350 is terrible.

Let's take a look at the selling price that you were quoted. You are being given a price of $28,936 on a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4WD that has an MSRP of $30,233. A base version of this truck has a spread of around $2,100 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The $1,300 discount that you are being quoted on this truck isn't bad, but you may want to stop by the following discussion to compare it to the prices that other community members have paid for similar trucks lately: "Toyota FJ Cruiser: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings seanwest. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4WD through Toyota Financial Services in its Central Atlantic region right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value would be .00285 and 63%, respectively, assuming that you qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier. Unfortunately it is difficult to translate this lease program into a lease payment because TFS calculates leases differently than most other banks. The residual value percentages that it publishes are for base vehicles. It places restrictions upon which options can be residualized.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • kreative1kreative1 Posts: 3
    I am planning to lease a new FJ. I have never down it before and I would like to go into it some what knowledgeable. Any tips would be appreciated.

I live in Sacramento, CA

2007 FJ
    4x4 Manual
    Roof Rack
    Conveinence pkg
    Upgrade pkg 1

my credit score is 660
  • kreative1kreative1 Posts: 3
    Net Cap Cost:
    $26,988
    Residual:
    $15714
    Money Factor:
    .00285 (based on tier 1+ credit)
    Acquisition Fee:
    $550
    I've gotten other bids on the same Fj and their offers are lower by $800

$807.47 drive off
    $486.72/mo x 35 months.

In stock and ready for immediate delivery, here's what this window sticker looks like:

Model Description: WAGON Category ..........: G
    Year ...........: 2007 Current Dealer ....: 120-04077
    Interior Color ..: FA11 FA11 Wholesale Dealer ..: 04077
    Exterior Color ..: 02JR WH/TI Previous Dealer ...: 00120
    Body ............: 4x4 SUV Invoice Date ......: 05/24/07
    Number of Cyl ..: 6 Ship Date .........: 05/25/07
    Allocation Number: 051 Retail Date .......:
    Engine Number ...: 5450414 Date of First Use .:
    Vessel Number ...: 568 TRAC ..............: NO
    Vessel Name .....: C.H 3 V034 Damage ...........: NO DAMAGE
    PDI ...............: YES
    Fleet .............: NON-FLEET
    Port PDS Complete .: NO

VIN .............: JTEBU11F770090288
    Ignition Key.....: 52332

Factory Installed Accessories: FE CQ GY UP
    Port Installed Accessories ..: CF

Retail
    Vehicle Base Model ...................: $ 23290.00
    Total Accessories .....................: $ 4839.00

MECHANICAL
    239HP 4.0L V6 VVT-i
    6 M/T
    Full-time 4x4 System, Torsen Center
    Differential with Locking Feature
    Locking Rear Differential
    Variable Gear Power Steering
    P265/70R 17" Black Steel Wheels
    Full Size Spare-Rear Door Mounted
    EXTERIOR
    Black Overfenders
    Black Bumpers (Silver Tone Highlights)
    Skid Plates (Engine,Transfer Case, Fuel)
    Silver Tone Door Handles and Mirrors
    White Roof/Tow Hooks (2 Front/1 Rear)
    Mudguards
    COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE
    8-way Adjustable Drivers Seat
    Water-repellent Seats
    Rubber-like Cabin & Cargo Area Flooring
    60/40 Split 2nd Row Seats w/Removable
    Bottom Cushion
    AM/FM/CD Audio 6-Spkrs (2 In Headliner)
    Power Windows & Door Locks
    Tilt Urethane Steering Wheel
    Exterior Color Center Front-Dash
    Panel Insert
    Sunvisor with Mirror(Passenger Side)
    4-Cup Holders/2-Bottle Holders
    Rear Defogger
    Rear Cargo Tie-down Hooks
    Passenger Seat Back Pocket
    SAFETY
    Driver & Front Passenger Airbags
    Star Safety System: Vehicle Stability
    Control(VSC),Traction Control,Anti-Lock
    Brake Systm(ABS) w/Electrnic Brake-force
    Distribution(EBD) & Brake Assist
    3-pt Seat Belts in All Seating Positions
    ELR Dr Seat Belt/ALR & ELR Pass Seatblts
    ISO Fix Anchors in Outer Rear Seat
    Locations/Top Tether Anchors All Rear
    Seat Locations
    Retail Total
    Vehicle Base Model .........................:$ 23290.00 $ 23290.00
    50 State Emissions ........................
    Convenience Package: Remote Keyless ....... 1840.00
    Entry, Cruise Control, Power Outside .......
    Mirror with Image Light, Rear Parking .....
    Sonar, Privacy Glass, Rear Wiper, Daytime ..
    Running Lights .............................
    Curtain Shield Airbags (Front Row and 2nd .. 650.00
    Row) with Front Seat Side Bolster Airbags ..
    Upgrade Package #1: A-TRAC, Multi-Info ..... 2150.00
    Display (Dash Mounted/Exterior Temperature .
    Gauge, Compass, Inclinometer), .............
    P265/70R 17" Alloy Wheels, 2-1 Audio .......
    6-Disc Changer, D-Pillar Speakers,400W ....
    Inverter, (No Subwoofer), Leather Steering .
    Wheel w/Audio Controls/Cruise Control ......
    Function, Color-Keyed (Exterior Color) .....
    Interior Door Trim Inserts ................
    Carpet Floor Mats & Cargo Mat ............. 199.00
    --------- ---------
    Total Accessories ..........................: $ 4839.00 $ 4839.00
    Destination Charge ..........................: $ 645.00
    TDA ........................................:
    Gasoline ...................................:
    Dealer Holdback ............................:
    Whsl. Financial Reserve ....................:
    ---------
    Total ......................................: $ 28774.00

Residual Value ...: 24 36 48 60
    ------- ------- ------- -------
    STD 16,645 15,248 12,769 10,440
    LOW 15,714 13,235 10,906
  • steevosteevo Posts: 330
    Is the Toyota MF for FJ still the standard .00285? Also, if only factory options, what is the Residual?
    Thanks!
    Dealer told me MF is .00260 right now....
    Can anyone confirm the MF?
  • allerballerb Posts: 3
    I was given a lease quote for 36 months, 36000 miles today for an FJ with a MSRP of 31006 with a negotiated purchase price of 27995 of 523.79 per month. I am thinking that this is high. Can someone tell me if this in the ballpark for a good lease price. Using the Payment calulator provided by TFS I was able to get a Lease price closer to 400 per month.

Some other details below.

Base Model - 23,700
    Convenience Package - 1,840
    Curtain Shield Airbag - 650
    Running Boards - 345
    Upgrade Package # 1 - 2,560
    Carpet Floor Mats and cargo Mat - 199
    Towing Hitch and Harness - 349
    Stainless Exhaust Tup - 69
    Roof Rack - 649

Total Accessories 6661
    Destination Charge 645

Residual - 15469
    allerb, That lease is garbage. 36 months with 15000 a year should be closer to 400 at that price point.

We need to know the actual MF and Residual used. THe residual is hard to figure with Toyota but I think it ends up around 53% after you figure the options. Last MF quote I got was .00250 .
    CAr_MAn if you are reading, do you know the August MF for 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser? And is the 2008 model MF out yet?
    TIA, Steve
    Car_Man if you are reading, do you know the August MF for 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser? And is the 2008 model MF out yet?
    TIA, Steve
  • Hey Guys!

What's goin on? First post... looks like an awesome forum! Ok, so here's the deal I got at my Toyota dealership:

3329 down
    329/month
    Base Model with 5 speed auto/4wd
    locking rear dif
    ...etc some other options, but no package

the msrp is 27,215 i think.

do you think i did ok with this deal?
    "Hey Guys!

What's goin on? First post... looks like an awesome forum! Ok, so here's the deal I got at my Toyo"

Looks pretty dead to me.....
  • Hi Steve. Toyota is providing lease support on the 2007 FJ Cruiser in a couple of its regions right now. I would be happy to give you an idea of what this truck's current program is like if you tell me what state you are in.

The 2008 FJ Cruiser was introduced. Unfortunately, Toyota is not currently providing any lease support that I am aware of on it. As a result, if you were to lease one through Toyota Financial Services right now you would have to use its standard lease program. I believe that TFS' buy rate standard lease money factors vary slightly by region, but they are probably around .00275 for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier (credit score of 730 or higher) in most areas right now.

TFS' residual values vary by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you want a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. TFS' current 36 month, 15k residual value for an '08 FJ Cruiser AWD is 66%. Keep in mind though that Toyota only publishes residual values for base vehicles. It places restrictions upon which options can be residualized. This makes calculating vehicles' actual dollar residual values fairly tricky.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Welcome marist07. You never mentioned the selling price of the FJ Cruiser that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • pss2pss2 Posts: 2
    Here's the deal I was just offered in Souther Cal.

2008 4x4
    Upgrade package #2
    Mats
    Running Board

$2200 down and 450/mo 4yr term. 12000 miles per year.

Any good?
  • pss2pss2 Posts: 2
    I forgot the MSRP. Sorry. It is 29,976