Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi Q7 Lease Questions

Comments

• rjlaerorjlaero Posts: 659
    20k miles a year kills your residual. But the 10k down does sound quite high.
  • aveghteaveghte Posts: 68
    These sure dropped on May 20th!

Down from 50% to 47%!

So much for a good deal on the 4.2 base.
  • hspderhspder Posts: 13
    You mean the residuals?

Yeah, we're at the end of model year, so the residuals are going to go down pretty quickly. You'll only get a good deal if you buy very close to or below invoice at this point...
  • mdiabmdiab Posts: 7
    I am confused - if you are talking residuals going down with the same money down, payments etc isn't that a good thing?? Lower residual makes it more attractive to purchase at the end of the lease.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,067
    But.. it makes the payment higher.. If you just want to rent the car for the lease term, you want a high residual, all things being equal.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• kris17kris17 Posts: 18
    I'm sorry I have'nt replied to this posting since I've been to busy enjoying my 4.2 :) One thing all 4.2 owners MUST do at least once... role down all the windows, turn down the radio, put the transmision in "sport mode", and accelerate hard from a slow role. What a sound this engine has!!!

As for what my payments are, (please see original post) I put down aLot of cash (I know I should'nt have..) but this $11k exactly, so for taxes/tags, 1st month, sec. deposit, aduicare, some silly port caharge, destination, processing fee...anything esles? Probably, but my payments are $597/month for a Q7 Prem. with 20"wheels, towing and I'm in love....
  • kermaloukermalou Posts: 4
    I am looking at the current Audi special on the Q7, and it still sounds a little expensive, has anyone gotten a better deal than the special?
    Are the current residual and money factor for a 3.6L Premium Audi Q7 50% and .00019?

With Audicare is the residual bumped up to 51%?

I have heard that security deposits can lower the money factor. Is this .00019 money factor valid for $0 security deposit or does it assume a standard security deposit (e.g. $750). What is the money factor with $0 security deposit?

Thanks!
  • ody02tjkody02tjk Posts: 66
    I tried to lease a Q7 4.2 premium yesterday, and was quoted a residual of 47% on a 3 year 12K miles lease, with the Audi care. From what I have read, the residual has come down since April, as they 2007's are nearing the end of the model year. I did not ask about doing $0 secruity deposit. With a price of $57K ($500 over invoice), the lease payment they quoted me, with taxes tags, acquisition fee rolled in, was $1000.48 per month. I walked on it.
  • cottermcotterm Posts: 14
    thats odd. I was quoted 856 for the same lease terms on an s-line. First payment and license fees.
    Where were you quoted that? What was the sales price of your car?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi kris17. A credit score of 720 is very good. You should have no trouble qualifying for Audi Financial Services' best available money factors.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're right, homantag. I believe that Audi Financial Services' uses a pass / fail system to determine if consumers are able to lease through it rather than the tiered rate system that some other banks use. Either one's credit score is good enough to qualify for AFS' best available rate, or they just can't lease through it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi conelecon. The dealer that told you that this car's buy rate lease money factor and its "sell" rate are different is trying to mark your car's money factor up to add additional back-end profit to your deal. This sort of thing happens all the time, especially with German luxury brand dealers, but it can usually be avoided by consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition and who know what their car's buy rate money factor is. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Audi Q7 3.6 .00019 is with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing. The 15,000 mile per year residual value that you were quoted is correct. The fact that you can bump this car's residual value by 1% by adding AudiCare is also correct. I am not sure how much AudiCare is for this particular model, but I have found that getting it on an Audi lease usually practically pays for itself which needless to say is a pretty good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    I know what you mean about expensive gas, kris17. I also have a luxury SUV and I cringe every time I fill it up :surprise: . I've switched to driving my car to work since it costs half as much to fill up :) .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jasonrhcastle. I would be happy to estimate what this truck's lease payment should be for you, but in order for me to do so I need to know its full MSRP in addition to the selling price that you already mentioned. Let me know what it is and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, carhead2. Through June 4th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Q7 3.2 Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00019 and 52%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '07 Q7 4.2 Premium are .00050 and 47%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • rohan25rohan25 Posts: 4
    Price 48,000 + tax

10K miles/year
    36 months
    I would like to pay $0 down.

What would my monthly payment be?

Thanks
    Making a few assumptions here, like a 5% tax rate, a $48K sales price, and a $27300 3 year residual (assuming a $51500 MSRP and 53% residual rate), and using the Edmunds Lease Calculator, the lease payment should be about $655 per month. I just picked up my Red 3.6 Premuim this morning, and found out that if you qualify for the better credit, Audi will waive the SD.
  • I am in very similar situation as well and I would like to get some help on the lease pricing.

I basically worked off the advertised special lease offer which is:

3.6 Premium w/ 4-zone Climate Control, Panorama Sunroof, and 3rd Row Seats.
    10k miles/year
    36 months
    $2,999 down

The deal was at $549/month but I've added convenience package and 19" wheel which added around $2000 in option price. I tried to negotiate the price and I ended up with $589/month with those options.

So I placed the order but dealer calls me today and said they only have the one with Bluetooth and Ipod Integration option added with the color that I wanted. That would add around 8 dollars a month, he said. Should I take this deal or am I paying too much? This is my first time leasing a vehicle so any help would be appreciated on this.

Thanks.
  • hoosbesthoosbest Posts: 39
    The first thing you need to do is remove your downpayment. You lose every which way doing putting money down. You should negotiate purchase price first, not lease price. Then we can compare apples and apples.
  • 4kids4kids Posts: 7
    Hello,

Can anyone help me with the current June residual and MF rates for Q7 3.6 premium for 36 months w/ 12k?

Thanks!
    I just leased my Q7 on June 2nd, and for a 3.6 Premium, with Audi Care, for 3 years, 12K miles per year, and the residual was 53%. The money factor on the lease was .00019 (1/2400). Per the dealers finance office, these are the rates through 7/2/07.
  • baxterdownbaxterdown Posts: 36
    Does anyone know of a good lease calculator? Edmunds' is a joke! :mad:

Thanks
  • leaseguide.com
  • 4kids4kids Posts: 7
    Thanks! Are these rates (residual 53% w/Audicare and .00019 MF)the same for the base 3.6 for 36mo/12k?

ody02tjk if you don't mind, can you share the deal you got? :) Thanks!
    I think I have been looking at numbers wrong. Can someone please clarify something... Is the lease residual calculated from MSRP (regardless of how much I pay) or from the sell price I negotiate?

It seem to me that no matter how much I discount a price to plug into lease calculators, I always end up with outrageous monthly payments. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong... :(

Thanks

Jose
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,067
    Residual is always a percentage of MSRP.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

AHA! Thanks for the clarification :-)
    Do the bluetooth!

It makes the use of a cellular phone much safer and it makes the armrest look much nicer with covers over the cupholders instead of both cupholders being exposed.
This discussion has been closed.