Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi Q7 Lease Questions

Comments

• value of 2008 Audi Q7 4.2l $70,500 all in.

lease options: 36 months, 10,000 miles, at $1,045 a month, plus $2,300start up, $399delivery fee, 6.9%taxes and $590Audicare.

Would love to own this car seven years. Would you buy outright or select lease option? Is Audi a car that lasts?
    thank you
  • For that price, I'd say you have a decent deal. But I would be VERY interested to know the Residual value of the Q7 after 3 years lease. I think it's best to have the warrantee of the vehicle during the duration of your ownership.

Leasing the car for 36 months will give u a good picture if you would want to own that car for 7 years or not. I'd say give it a try.

Worst case scenario, you can return the car is 3 years and walk out with no strings attached. Or you can pay off the residual value of the car to keep it. The latter one seems good if you are indeed serious about enquiring that vehicle. Either way, you will be driving the car first.
  • From the September AFS sheet, the residual value of an 08 4.2 Premium with Audi Care on a 36mos lease @ 10K miles per year is 53%.

IIRC, it's 49% at 15K miles per year. Add 2% for 10K miles per year and add 1% for Audi Care.
  • Hello! I am interested in determining the current (October) buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Q7 3.6 Premium with S-line package with 10,000 miles per year. I appreciate any help in advance.
  • Just leased a 2008 3.6 Premium (Ice Silver/Limestone Gray) with Convenience Pkg. Nav, 20's, and 4-Zone Climate Control.

This was a rare car given it did NOT have a sunroof, which we did NOT want anyway. Only other option that we would have preferred would have been the 6-seater configuartion, but there didn't seem to be very many in SoCal, at least in our desired color combo.

MSRP: $55,425.00

Invoice: $52,066.25

Cap cost: $52,566.25 ($500 over invoice)

MF: .0009 (2.16% APR)

Residual: 53% w/o Audi Care 54% w/ Audi Care

Terms: 36mo,10k/yr (minimun drive-offs - ~$2k)

Total: $770.65 (includes 7.75% tax rate)

Dealer was Audi of Mission Viejo. Great service and even got a better deal working with a retail salesman over Fleet!

Standard fleet deal was $1000 over at all dealerships I contacted., and probably could have got the same deal in that department, but decided to give the kid who demo'd the car for us a shot. Just had to tell him what I wanted and he worked to get it done. Awesome customer service!

I did all my negotiating via phone, e-mail and fax.
  • Exactly like mine! But mine is 2007 year model and with added Infotainment Package, Technology Package, Bluetooth Phone Preparation w/Comfort Center Armrest and Audi Music Interface. And yes, we have to pay the whole sales tax (6.25%) on new car as well. And with Audi care, I think the residual is about 53% bought it 3 months ago.

We had almost $9K upside down with our trade and we are paying about $998 a month for 36 months with 15K miles a year. And the out of pocket was only $2000, which included first month payment. The whole test drive, negotiation and paperwork signed took only 2 hours. Great experience, absolutely loving the car! :)
  • coppercopper Posts: 94
    Can someone tell me this month's lease #'s for a Q7 for 36/12 in NJ? Thanks!
  • Hey guys, any idea what i can expect a monthky lease to run for the Q7 w/ an asking price around 45k using 12k/yr, 36 mos, and excellent credit (over 700, prob over 720) assuming only first month and docs at inception (bank fees, taxes etc in payment). I am in staten island, ny.

Thanks!
  • Need to know the MSRP to get the residual value. The buy rate money factor for October was .0009 (2.16%). It's now November and rates may have changed.

Ask your dealership what the residual value is on that vehicle. Probably about 52% with 12k-mi/yr. Get Audi Care and that will add 1% to the residual. Find out November's buy rate money factor and then I can run the numbers.

Don't take the following numbers as exact, but I'd estimate your lease payments would be around $670/mo. for 36 mo. at 12k-mi/yr. (Drive off fees only)

*Numbers are based loosley on an approx. MSRP, adding Audi Care and assuming a 53% residual with the above mentioned MF.
  • Thanks for the help. I'm trying to figure out how different the lease numbers are on a Q7, MDX w/ tech & entertainment, Yukon SLT2, Yukon Denali, and Escalade all with nothing down 12/36.

Appreciate your help. Any idea what the other cars lease for using the same parameters? Also, I assume your number didnt include tax, is that correct?

Thanks again!
  • I did include the tax. I assisted someone else in NY a few months back and if I'm not mistaken, your sales tax rate was close to 9%, correct?

Now, as for the other vehicles, the MDX, by far, will have the best residual value. That combined with a low MF (if available) will net you a great lease. As for the GM products, big rebates and being able to cap the cost at/or near invoice will help, but not sure how strong their residuals are? I can look.

Call or e-mail a few dealers and tell them that you are interested in leasing and ask them what the residual and buy rate money factor are for a 36/36 lease? Running lease numbers is very simple math, but dealers want you to think it's tough. If you want, e-mail me directly at ocautoseeker@yahoo.com and I'd be glad to help you further.
  • Hi Car Man - Need your help. I am headed to the dealership in Atlanta to buy a '08 3.6 Premium with the following options:
    Panaroma Sunroof, 4-zone climate control & Convenience Package.
    The MSRP on the car is $53,875 and I worked the dealer down to $50,500. The invoice price as per Edmunds is $49,725. The dealer said that this is not the real invoice to them and showed me an invoice which was almost $1,750 more ($51,500). Could you please comment if this is a good deal. I am scheduled to go do the deal the day after tomorrow.
    Also what is the current buy rate money factor if I were to lease it (10K/36 mo) and what would the monthly payments work out to? What fees are typical ( Acquisition fee - $575, Doc Fee - $299, Audi Care - $590)
    If I were to buy it (60 mos) what is the current APR with AFS. I have a 740 credit score.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
  • The dealer in Atlanta gave me a MF of 0.0011 (2.64%) today with a Residual of 53% with Audi Care and 52% without for the '08, 3.6 Q7. Can anyone confirm if this is the correct rate? Has it gone up that much this month?
    Thanks in advance.
  • Just finished talking to the finance manager at the dealership. He said that since I had preferred status with Audi (been with Audi/VW since 2000 in 4 cars) I was eligible for a buy rate Money factor of 0.00095(2.28%) and not 0.0011( 2.64%) as they had previously quoted me. So my Q7 3.6 premium with a $50,500 agreed upon price and Audi Care of $590, Acquisition fee of $575, Doc fee of $399 and tax/tags of $42 would work out to $725/mo + tax ($776/mo). I would have to put down $1000 and drive (1st month + some of the fees).
    The alternative to this would be buying on a 60 mo APR of 7.59% which would work out to $1,090/mo with $1000 down.
    Can anyone comment if this is a good deal. I am scheduled to sign and pick up the car on Friday.
    Thanks!

PS: The car has a MSRP of $53,875 ('08 Q7 3.6 premium with sunroof, 4 zone climate control and convenience package) and an invoice of $49,725. Essentially got this at $775 above invoice.
  • The doc fee of $399 looks like a garbage dealer add-on to me when added to the acquisition fee and the title/tags fee.
  • '08 Q7, 3.6 premium, navigation, convenience, running boards, panorama sun roof, audi care, 42 months, 15k per year, $712 per month, sales taxes up front, no other money down other than fees (575 acquisition, 75 registration, 110 doc fee) and first month. Any feedback would be appreciated. according to edmonds the car has an msrp of 55,875 and an invoice of 51,545 (neither figure includes the audi care, which i believe add another $600). i have no idea what money factor or residual the dealer is using (and don't really care), just want to know how good a deal this is. thanks.
  • Sounds really good - I am looking at a Q7 3.6 Premium with a MSRP of $53,875 and a 36 mo lease with 10K/yr and the dealer is quoting me $776/mo (inclusive of tax-$725 w/o). What was your final negotiated value on the car? How much above invoice? Where are you getting this car (City, Dealer). Mine is in Atlanta, GA at Jim Ellis.
  • Rates if purchasing:

If you can still find an '07, AFS is offering 3.9% APR for terms ranging from 12-60 mo.
  • Hoping someone can assist.
    I am considering a 15k/36month lease that would occur in December. Does anyone know money factor and residual being offered by Audi. I would select Audicare to gain the extra residual point. It is true the S-line package decreases residual by 1%?
    Your assistance is appreciated.

thanks
  • coppercopper Posts: 94
    Anyone know the December lease terms for 12K/36 months for the Q7?

Thanks!
  • tsinoytsinoy Posts: 10
    Hey newbie23, where are you getting this deal? can you provide dealership name and state? Thinking of getting an 08 MDX Tech+Ent and monthly payment run around the same as your quote. Would be interested to drive a Q7 than an MDX if difference is less than $50.
  • nj, town motors
  • How does the current Audi lease deal look?:
    2008 Q7 3.6 premium, Downpayment- $2,999, Acquisition fee $575, Monthly $599, 36 months 10,000 miles, based on MSRP of $50,975. Purchase option at end $26,507.
    Thanks
  • Hi chulsoo. I just priced out a 2008 Audi Q7 3.6 Premium with the Panorama moon roof, 4-zone climate control, and the Convenience Package and I came up with a dealer invoice price of $50,157. A selling price of $50,500 is a very good deal. It's less than $500 over the invoice price that I came up with. I definitely would be comfortable with this selling price if I was in the market for this vehicle.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 36 month lease of a 2008 Audi Q7 3.6 Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00056 and 52%, respectively. At lease signing you will have to pay this vehicle's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment, AFS' $575 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees. Audi Care pre-paid maintenance is an option. If you choose to purchase it, it will provide a 1% boost to your Q7's residual value helping to offset the cost.

Audi is not currently offering any special financing rates on this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hey chulsoo. The money factor that you were quoted is too high. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a non-Premium 2008 Q7 3.6 is only .00056. Make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses this factor to calculate your vehicle's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello barneycourt. Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Audi Q7 4.2 Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00121 and 48%, respectively. Audi Care would increase this residual value by 1%. I believe that the addition of the S-Line package does have a negative impact upon vehicles' residual values.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi copper. The Q7's lease program varies by trim level, term, and mileage allowance. I have provided info for a number of different combinations in my last couple of posts. Check them out, perhaps they contain the info that you're looking for. If not, let me know exactly what you are interested in and I will be happy to help you out.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings jcolvin. You never mentioned the selling price of the Q7 that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

For now I can tell you that in my opinion, $2,999 is way to much money to put down when leasing. I always advise consumers not to make any capitalized cost reduction on leased vehicles. Those who make one risk losing part or all of it if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though your monthly payment will be a little higher, you would be much better off going with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi all,

I just wanted to share my experience with you all. I bought a pre-owned 2007 Audi Q7 in Beige color yesterday. Picked it up in a dealership in MD for 42,994 plus tax & title. It has 7000 miles on it. It has infotainment, convenience & heated packages on it. It also has the panorama sunroof. MSRP on this originally was 54,990.

I know pre-owned has its own unique pricing which you can't erally compare to others, but figured I'd share my experience and get your thoughts.

Thanks.
  • Car_man - Thanks for responding. I did pick up my '08 3.2 Q7 two weeks ago (a day before month end).
    The negotiated price was $47,225 (on an MSRP of $53,875). Dealer went down from his $50,500 "line in the sand" after I got a competing quote from another dealer. He even threw in another $700 worth of goodies (rubber mats + free service on my other Audi) to get me to buy. I got a 10K/36mo lease at a monthly payment of $663 (which includes tax) $620 w/o tax. The MF he gave me was 0.00095, I wish I had known about the 0.00056 MF as I could have saved an additional $30/mo on my lease payment. But oh well! At delivery, I paid $1316 (which included the first month $663 + $575 acquisition fee + registration fees).
    Moral of the story - anything is possible. With the end of the month/quarter coming up, be prepared to deal, go in after doing your homework and you will walk away with an even better deal than I got. This forum has been great and has saved me a ton of money. Thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.