Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi Q7 Lease Questions

Comments

• Also, if you purchase Audi Care for approx $600, it bumps the residual an additional 1%. It's worth it, as it literally adds pennies to your payments.
  • wondering if i am getting a good deal 42 month term lease... MSRP is 56,875 - cap cost 54,753 - residual 47% - money factor 0.00078. they are requesting 2,500 down, monthly payment including tax = 781.89

This is an 08 Q7 3.6 Premium quattro with conv. package, navigation, 20" wheels, panoramic sunroof and towing package.
  • Greetings fenicep3. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the best way to negotiate a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price on the vehicle that you want. Once you have arrived at a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer that gives it to you calculate your monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate for a 36 month lease of a base 2008 Audi Q7 is .00033.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Congratulations on getting your new Q7, anj2. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Make sure to stop by the new Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others. Enjoy your new Q7 :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey vahn. Do you know what your Q7's selling price was? Looking at it is a great way to evaluate your deal. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi chrism124. 36 months seems to be the "sweet spot" for Q7 leases this month. Audi Financial Services' new January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Q7 3.6 Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00033 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00033 and 50%.

AFS' current 24 month, 12k numbers for the '08 Q7 4.2 Premium are .00085 and 57%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00085 and 49%, respectively.

If you were to lease either of these trucks with only 10,000 miles per year, its residual value would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings sayuriq7. The dealer invoice price of the 2008 Q7 that you described is $52,948. That puts the selling price that you were quoted at around $1,800 over dealer invoice. That's not terrible, but if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, I would not be surprised if you were able to negotiate a lower selling price than this by comparison shopping with a few dealers. Make sure to stop by the "Audi Q7 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately.

The money factor that you were quoted is slightly higher than the buy rate that I have seen for this model According to the latest information that I have seen, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor for this model is .00058. Make sure that the dealer that you decide to lease from uses this factor to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • ckm1515ckm1515 Posts: 52
    What is the max mark up that Audi is allowed? Coming from "BMW land", dealers are allowed to mark up the LRF by as much as .0004, which I'm sure you already know.
  • dcs99dcs99 Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I am new here. We recently signed a lease for Q7 but did not take delivery of car due to unforeseen circumstances. Are we still bound by the lease contract even though we haven't taken possession of car?

Thanks!
  • Hi,

I am new here and am trying to figure out the Audi lease deal on their website for San Diego CA. My question is does this look like an amazing deal, for this to make sense in a lease calc the money factor must be .00104 for 36 month 10k miles and 51% Residual...am I right?

2008 Audi Q7 3.6 Premium$599* lease per month for 36 months
    Now through March 4, 2008

Down payment: $2,999
    Refundable security deposit: $600
    Acquisition fee: $575
    First month's payment: $599
    Amount due at lease inception: $4,773
    Excludes taxes, title and dealer fees

*36-mo. closed-end lease offered to qualified customers by Audi Financial Services through participating dealers. Must take delivery by 3/4/2008. Rate based on $50,975 MSRP of 2008 Audi Q7 3.6 Premium with Quattro, Premium Package, Panorama Sunroof and destination charge. Purchase option at lease end for $25,997.

Required dealer contribution could affect final negotiated transaction. Lessee responsible for insurance and may have some financial liability at lease end. Lessee responsible for $0.25/mile over 10,000 miles per year and a disposition fee of $350 due at lease end. See dealer for details. Refundable security deposit return subject to excess mileage and wear charges. For details, consult your Audi Financial Services contract.

"Audi," "quattro," "Audi Q7" and the four rings emblem are registered trademarks of AUDI AG. ©2008 Audi of America, Inc.

Thanks, Alex
  • Can anyone help with the question above?
  • yatzee,

Only had time to glance at your post. Give me a few hours and I'll evaluate this deal for you.
  • Hi Yatzee.
    I am looking at a very similar Audi program in the Cleveland area. I am very interested to read responses to your post. It sure appears to be a good deal. Let's see what others have to say.
  • Highly doubtful you'll find a vehicle as advertised in the lease (3.6 prem with a pana sunroof as only option???) Most 3.6 Prem's have the Convenience pkg. and a few other goodies (Nav, 4 zone climate, etc.) which usually put them in the $55-$58k range.

Bottom line: Find the vehicle you like and here are the numbers to utilize to make your deal.

Buy rate - .00033 / residual 51% (add 1% if you add Audicare $590) / Based on 10k.

See how close to invoice you can get knowing that $500-$750 over on this vehicle is good. Do not make the cap reduction of $2999 stated in the lease. You should only pay drive offs. Somewhere in the $700 range (including tax) is more realistic and what you'll see on this particular model and trim level.
  • gwnnygwnny Posts: 1
    Has anyone found a good deal in the North East on a Q7 Premium? How much over invoice or below MSRP. Our local dealer on Long Island states the best lease deals are at 42 months with an int rate of 1.4% and a residual of 0.46. Looking for one that includes Conv, Cold, Roof, Nav, 19", Audi Care, and Premium paint (red pearl). Thanks,
  • Welcome dcs99. Given the fact that you never physically took delivery of your Q7 there is a very good chance that you will be able to get out of this deal. Make sure to contact the dealer immediately and let them know that you do not want to proceed with the lease. They may give you a hard time at first, but chances are that you will be able to get out of it if you are persistent.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Alex. I see that you referenced Audi's current advertised lease payment for the Q7. Like most manufacturers' official advertised payments this is a decent deal. Having said this, savvy consumers who are in areas that have a decent level of competition are usually able to beat the deals that are featured in these ads. Shop around and negotiate the lowest selling price that you can on the Q7 that you are interested in. Once you have arrived at a selling price that you are comfortable with, make sure that the dealer uses Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor to calculate your monthly payment. AFS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Q7 3.6 Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00033 and 51%, respectively for consumers who pay a security deposit at lease signing.

I see that you are on the West coast. You're in luck, Audi is currently providing $1,500 "due at signing assistance" on the '08 Q7 in its Western region. You should be able to use this incentive essentially as a down payment to reduce the capitalized cost of the Q7 that you want to lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man, can you provide me with the m.f. and residual for a 08 Q7 3.6 Premium & 4.2 Premium based on 36 & 42 months @ 10k miles per year. This would be for the Northeast region. Are there any incentives and/or rebates?

Thank you,
    NHman
  • awedioawedio Posts: 46
    Car_man
    2 questions, please
    1) on a '08 Q7 3.6, 24 month lease, what is the residual & buy rate?
    2) on a '08 Q7 4.2, 24 & 36 month lease, what is residual & buy rate? Does the $1,500 "due at signing assistance" still apply?
  • Hi Carman,

To follow up to the last message in the string, can you confirm the buy rate MF and residual for an 08 3.6 premium on a 36mo/12K lease? Also, do you know if they offer any incentive for previous Audi owners? I'm turning in my S4 next month.

Finally, do you think it's possible to get the Q7 at dealer cost or close to it?

Regards,
    Charles
  • Charles,

I do not represent Edmunds but I can say that the m.f. and residual for a Q7 3.6 Premium is .00033 and 50% based on 36 months/12k. I believe there is a loyalty rebate/discount from Audi. Price over invoice will depend on how the Q7 is selling in your area. I just ordered a Q7 4.2 Premium with some of the option packages and was able to negotiate $600 over invoice with the m.f. at .00085. The m.f. is the base rate for a 4.2 Premium.

Regards,
    NHman
  • I am looking strongly at a 3.6 Premium with the following options:

Towing Package
    > Panorama Sunroof
    > Luxury 6 Seater Configuration
    > 4 Zone Climate Control
    > DVD Navigation
    > Convenience Package
    > 20" Alloy Wheels
    > MSRP: $59,325
    > Invoice: $56,164
    > Purchase Price: $56,664 ($500 over invoice)

With a 36 month lease it comes to $1,501.76 drive off fees (including first payment, acquisition fee and a few other small fees) and $867.07 per month plus tax. Audi money factor is .00075.

What you everyone’s thoughts?
  • Car Man,

You mentioned in a post " I see that you are on the West coast. You're in luck, Audi is currently providing $1,500 "due at signing assistance" on the '08 Q7 in its Western region. You should be able to use this incentive essentially as a down payment to reduce the capitalized cost of the Q7 that you want to lease."

I am in Dallas but looking at Q7 in So Cal since it has the configuration that I want. I am working with the dealer there and would have the car shipped. Would this still hold true and it is still available?

Thanks.
  • beopersonbeoperson Posts: 63
    Does anyone know if March numbers are different from February for Q7?
    Dealer quoted me 3.6 Q7 Premium with Conv, Nav, Panorama, 19" wheels

MF .000060 and Residual 48% (36 month 10K)
    Are these March numbers?
  • loggieloggie Posts: 31
    your residual should be 53% at 10k, 54% at 10k with audicare
    this will drive down your monthly price compared to 48%
    MF appears to be correct

from http://forums.audiworld.com/q7/msgs/23281.phtml

Audi Financial Services (AFS) Lease Programs - Effective 3/2008

This AFS lease data is provided by dealer partners of LeaseCompare.com and are for reference only. Rates may vary by region. Your dealer has the option of offering you a higher rate.

Special bank lease programs for these models are available through AudiWorld Forum Sponsor LeaseCompare.com. Click on the vehicle name for more information and to see payments details.

2008 Audi Q7 3.6 Base
    24 Month - Residual 58% of MSRP - .00006 Base Rate
    36 Month - Residual 50% of MSRP - .00006 Base Rate
    48 Month - Residual 39% of MSRP - .00294 Base Rate

2008 Audi Q7 3.6 Premium
    24 Month - Residual 57% of MSRP - .00006 Base Rate
    36 Month - Residual 49% of MSRP - .00006 Base Rate
    48 Month - Residual 38% of MSRP - .00294 Base Rate

2008 Audi Q7 4.2 Premium
    24 Month - Residual 55% of MSRP - .00044 Base Rate
    36 Month - Residual 47% of MSRP - .00044 Base Rate
    48 Month - Residual 38% of MSRP - .00294 Base Rate

Residuals posted are for 15K miles/year. Add 2% to Residual for 12k mi/yr and 3% for 10k mi/yr on all terms

you might want to also check out :
    http://forums.audiworld.com/q7/msgs/23728.phtml
    concerning a mailer with "Additional incentives for Q7 in East (NY)"
    carman, what can you tell us about these incentives ?
    who qualifies ?
    ending date ?
    what can applied for leases ?
    what can be combined in a lease ?
    loyalty + conquest + elite ?

as listed at :
    http://www.forbesautos.com/options/2008/audi/q7/3_6_premium/

$-1,500
    Audi "Due at Signing" Assistance Program Purchase - Western - 02/01/08

$-1,000
    Audi 2008 AFS Conquest Bonus Cash Program (Premier Purchase) - National - 02/12/08

$-1,000
    Audi 2008 AFS Loyalty Bonus Cash Program (Premier Purchase) - National - 02/12/08

$-1,000
    Audi 2008 AFS Conquest Bonus Cash Program (APR) - National - 02/12/08

$-1,000
    Audi 2008 AFS Loyalty Bonus Cash Program (APR) - National - 02/12/08

$-2,000
    Audi 2008 Elite Purchase Bonus Program - CT, FL, NJ, NY, MA - 03/04/08
    There has to be a some kind of program going on on the East Coast.
    I have started getting quotes close to $1000 below invoice!
    Just found out from dealer:
    There is currently $2000 Customer Cash/Rebate program.
    At least in the Tri-State Area
    are you still dealing with riverside audi ?
    are any other dealers matching them ?
This discussion has been closed.