Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi Q7 Lease Questions

Comments

• krm13krm13 Posts: 3
    I got the following quote on a 2009 Q7 3.6 premium plus w/ panorama sunroof and cold weather package from a Northern NJ dealer:

36 months -- 15k miles/year
    $795/month
    $1370 inceptions
    1st month's payment waived
    MSRP $53,325
    Invoice $50,109
    Sales Price $50,109 plus $650 Audi Care N/C Maintenance Program
    Money factor .00036
    Residual 47%

Can I do much better?

Anyone looking at comparable SUVs offering better lease deals?
  • robdarobda Posts: 4
    Does anyone know what Audi is currently offering for a 2009 Q7 Premium Plus with sunroof lease? I would be looking at 3-years and 12,000 miles per year. I am looking for the residual, money factor, etc.

Thanks.
  • Hi mrcr,

That seems like a very good deal on a premium plus - can you tell me where you were able to get that deal? Contact me directly if necessary. Thanks!
  • Hi robda. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Q7 3.6 Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00026 and 43%, respectively. Audi is waiving the first month's payment and security deposit on Q7 leases in December.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • looking for some opinions on this deal

09 Q7 premuim with Pana roof and Nav
    39 month lease 619 per month with 1K down ( 300 fees and 700 cap cost reductions), includes Audi Care
  • What city did you find this deal? I am looking for something similar as well.
  • I leased the base model from Rick Case Audi near Atlanta. It was advertised in the paper for $499 plus tax, tags, fees for 10k miles, 36 months. I got it for $549, including 7% tax, tags, all fees, 12k miles, 36 months; Audi pays for the first month; no drive off cost. Here are the details:

Vehicle "cost" 37259
    Acq fee 625
    Gross cap cost 37884
    Residual 19946
    MF 0.00026

After I bought the car, I asked if the car was a loss leader. The salesperson said, "no, they're able to do the deal because Audi is offering them $3k for each car as long as they sell 20 Q7s and they're passing this on to the customer".
  • shymanshyman Posts: 6
    2009 prem plus with pan sunroof and Nav - sticker 51,350K
    42 months 15k miles per year
    1K down 609 a month with tax...
  • tizzletizzle Posts: 8
    That sounds like a great deal. I would like to do something similar but for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year. Do you have any idea how the payments would be adjusted given the parameters I am desirous of?
  • dani97dani97 Posts: 1
    I would like to lease a '09 Q7 with navigation, panoramic sunroof, and cold weather package (heated rear seats/heated steering wheel). I need 18,000 miles/year. Dealer is ball-parking lease in the mid-to high $900's with no up-fronts. This seems high!! Any thoughts?? What are others being quoted out there??

Thank you in advance.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,290
    The lease factors for Q7's are poor --- big depreciation so your deal may reflect the decline.
  • ER14ER14 Posts: 1
    Where was this deal? We're looking for a NY deal.
  • Car Man,

I am in the market for a car based out of NJ. I am looking to see if you know a fair deal on a 2009 Audi Q7. 36 month lease, 10k a year. for either engine.

280-hp, 3.6-liter V-6
    350-hp, 4.2-liter V-8

Navigation.

Thanks,

MM
  • Hi MSUHOCKEY7. Here's the info that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2009 Audi Q7 3.6 with 10,000 miles per year are .00056 and 45%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 Q7 4.2 are .00221 and 43%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • '09 3.6
    Prem Plus
    Panoramic Sunroof
    20" bi-color
    cold weather

54925 msrp
    52041 invoice

50591 sell px

44% res w/ $650 audi care (was 43% w/o)
    0.00056 mf

51241 gross cap cost (incl the audi care)

No cap cost red
    2037 drive off - no security dep - incl. 1st mo / 625 AFS acq fee / CA lic & fees / 45 doc fee

Pmt: 860/mo

The numbers seem right to me ... anything look weird here? Bad deal?

Thanks
  • oh yeah ... 36 mo 15k per
  • Have a loaded 2007 3.6 Premium. 36-month Audi Financial Svcs lease ending Sept 2009. Sticker was around $57K. Lease included 45K miles, and I will probably be under mileage by 5K.

What kind of price might I be able to negotiate to buy it at end of lease?

Also had some significant mechanical issues early on (in the shop 30+ days), so they probably can't resell it as Certified Pre Owned, which may plan in my favor.

Trying to decide whether to start new car shopping or to buy the Q7 at end of lease.

Thanks!
  • woolooloowoolooloo Posts: 29
    Sorry I missed the question directed at me, I haven't looked at the forum in a while. My thoughts: ody02tjk has a love/hate relationship with the Q7, I think I have a more like/hate. First off, the V6 is fine, I never feel like I need more power and although I don't tow, I do usually keep a lot of tools and equipment in the back. I'd say unless you are going to tow, you are wasting money on the V8, both in purchase price and in gas mileage.

There are a million little things that annoy me about this vehicle, from the inexcusably loud beep it makes if you are low on gas or windshield wiper fluid to having to walk around to the other side of the vehicle to refuel only to realize I forgot to hit the button to unlock the gas tank (on the BMW I had previously, the tank was automaticaly locked when the doors were locked - brilliant). As much as the mags rave about Audi build quality and aesthetics, I liked my BMW much better.

I'd get rid of this thing in a minute if I could, but Audi has terrible rules governing their leases and you basically cannot let someone take over the lease because you are still on the hook for the payments if the other person doesn't make them - who is willing to take that risk? Certainly not me. By the way, BMW and Mercedes do not have this rule and will let you sign the lease over to someone else cleanly. Just another reason I will never lease/purchase another Audi.

I tried to trade it in a couple days before New Years, at a time when that dealer really wanted to make a deal and sell a remaining '08 before the end of the month/quarter/year. But I was offered less than $30,000 for a 15 mo old Q7 with < 12,000 miles that had a sticker of $56k. My lease payoff was $40,000, so I was over $10k in the hole. As much as he wanted to make a deal, he couldn't budge on the trade-in price - these things have no value used! I listed it in the local paper for $38,000, willing to pay a few grand to get out of the lease, and never got a single phone call.

So this is something of a warning to anyone looking to lease one of these things. Understand the implications - you will have this vehicle for 3 years whether you want it or not. The various websites that give used car values (including Edmunds) are WAYYYY off on the Q7, overestimating by thousands both the dealer trade in values and private party values. If you insist on having a Q7, you should definitely look at buying a used one since the resale values are so poor, just check EBay.
  • lotusanlotusan Posts: 1
    Anyone have the numbers for April?

I guess the TDI numbers will also be different. I'm hoping it's a little bit better.

I visited an Audi dealer back in March and the lease for a Q7 was ridiculous. I love the car but may have to look at alternatives. :cry:
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hello lotusan. Here's the information that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Q7 3.0 TDI Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00163 and 48%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • liililiili Posts: 7
    Can you share with us who is the dealer trying so hard to sell?
  • trabd123trabd123 Posts: 37
    Hello,
    I'll be off an Audi A6 2006 lease in four weeks and only have 17,000 miles on it after three years The residual value of the A6 2006 is $26,500 so is it worth it to buy it or return it?

I'm also thinking of leasing a Q7 so what is the loyalty incentive, money factor and residual value of a premium package, 36 months and 10,000 miles per year should be for April?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi,
    What kind of deal did you get? Can you state the details?

Thanks.
  • Car man,

Do you have the May lease numbers (money factor/resid) for the Q7? Specifically, a 2009 3.6 Premium 36 months/15K per year? Any other incentives on this vehicle that you are aware of?

Thanks!
    Greetings trabd123. In order to determine whether you should purchase your A6, nice car BTW, at the end of your lease, you need to compare its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. Even though it states your vehicle's purchase option price on your lease contract, you should place a call to the bank that you are leasing it through just to make sure that you have the correct figure. When you do so, it never hurts to try to haggle with them. Some banks will negotiate the lease-end purchase prices of vehicles. If your initial contact at your bank is not willing to lower your vehicle's purchase price, you may have better luck if you work your way up the ladder to a manager. There is a good chance that they will not lower your vehicle's price, more often than not they will not, but you don't have anything to lose by asking.

As I said earlier, once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values".

If your car's purchase option price is in line with or less than its current market value, which unfortunately is doubtful given the overinflated residual values that were available several years ago, you may want to buy it. If the price is too high, just walk away.

As far as the Q7 that you are considering leasing as a replacement goes, Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Q7 Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00015 and 45%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi frommx5tomz3. Here's the info that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Q7 Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00015 and 42%, respectively.

Audi is currently providing a $1,500 loyalty or $1,000 conquest incentive on leases of the '09 Q7. In addition to that, it is waiving the first month's payment on leases of this truck right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man,
    Thanks very much for your reply. I already spoke to the bank and the dealer and since the mileage on the car is only 17k, nobody wants to negotiate.

The residual value for my car is 26,5k but the purchase price on the Used Vehicle pricing site is around 26,3k (dealer retail) and 24,6k (private party). I guess both prices are almost inline with the car residual value but I'm just afraid that a year from now, major issues with the car could come up that will make regret buying it.

Audi A6 is a great car but I'm a 6'2" man so the in and out of the car operation was such a pain so I was avoid using it most of the time and use my wife's car instead.

The Q7 new purchase offer sounds attractive. 3k loyalty incentive, first two month payments, 4.9% finance for 60 months and around 3k below MSRP.

Regards.
  • gt97gt97 Posts: 5
    Here is what we are considering. Please let me know your feedback on whether this is a good deal or not. It seems pretty aggressive.

2009 Q7 3.6 with Premium Plus Package and Panoramic Sunroof

MSRP = 52,825
    Invoice = 49,642
    Sales Price = 48,825
    In addition, Deal is putting in $1500 of loyalty cash-back as cap cost reduction
    Lease 36 months w/ 10K miles / year
    Audi Maintenance Pkg included
    Money Factor = .00015
    Residual = 45%
    First payment paid by Audi Financial
    And, dealer is paying the last two lease payments on current car ($1200 total)
    No out-of-pocket money for down payments, etc.

Monthly payment = $725 per month including local taxes
    Sounds like an excellent and very aggressive deal. Below invoice deals are something that we don't experience up here in the Northeast.

The money factor is 0.0015 and not 0.00015 and it should make a big difference in the monthly payment.

Here's what I found based on your numbers:

MSRP = 52,825
    Selling price = 48,825
    Loyalty Incentive = 1,500
    Residual Value = (52,825 * 45%) = 23,771.25
    Leased portion = (47,325 - 23,771.25) = 23,553.75 /36 = 654.27
    Money factor = (47,325 + 23,771.25) * 0.0015 (not 0.00015) = 106.65
    Total monthly payment = $760.92
    Taxes = ???

So I'm not sure why your payment is only $725 a month including taxes?
This discussion has been closed.