Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi Q7 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hello lotusan. Here's the information that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Q7 3.0 TDI Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00163 and 48%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • liililiili Posts: 7
    Can you share with us who is the dealer trying so hard to sell?
  • trabd123trabd123 Posts: 37
    Hello,
    I'll be off an Audi A6 2006 lease in four weeks and only have 17,000 miles on it after three years The residual value of the A6 2006 is $26,500 so is it worth it to buy it or return it?

I'm also thinking of leasing a Q7 so what is the loyalty incentive, money factor and residual value of a premium package, 36 months and 10,000 miles per year should be for April?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi,
    What kind of deal did you get? Can you state the details?

Thanks.
  • Car man,

Do you have the May lease numbers (money factor/resid) for the Q7? Specifically, a 2009 3.6 Premium 36 months/15K per year? Any other incentives on this vehicle that you are aware of?

Thanks!
    Greetings trabd123. In order to determine whether you should purchase your A6, nice car BTW, at the end of your lease, you need to compare its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. Even though it states your vehicle's purchase option price on your lease contract, you should place a call to the bank that you are leasing it through just to make sure that you have the correct figure. When you do so, it never hurts to try to haggle with them. Some banks will negotiate the lease-end purchase prices of vehicles. If your initial contact at your bank is not willing to lower your vehicle's purchase price, you may have better luck if you work your way up the ladder to a manager. There is a good chance that they will not lower your vehicle's price, more often than not they will not, but you don't have anything to lose by asking.

As I said earlier, once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values".

If your car's purchase option price is in line with or less than its current market value, which unfortunately is doubtful given the overinflated residual values that were available several years ago, you may want to buy it. If the price is too high, just walk away.

As far as the Q7 that you are considering leasing as a replacement goes, Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Q7 Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00015 and 45%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi frommx5tomz3. Here's the info that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Q7 Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00015 and 42%, respectively.

Audi is currently providing a $1,500 loyalty or $1,000 conquest incentive on leases of the '09 Q7. In addition to that, it is waiving the first month's payment on leases of this truck right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man,
    Thanks very much for your reply. I already spoke to the bank and the dealer and since the mileage on the car is only 17k, nobody wants to negotiate.

The residual value for my car is 26,5k but the purchase price on the Used Vehicle pricing site is around 26,3k (dealer retail) and 24,6k (private party). I guess both prices are almost inline with the car residual value but I'm just afraid that a year from now, major issues with the car could come up that will make regret buying it.

Audi A6 is a great car but I'm a 6'2" man so the in and out of the car operation was such a pain so I was avoid using it most of the time and use my wife's car instead.

The Q7 new purchase offer sounds attractive. 3k loyalty incentive, first two month payments, 4.9% finance for 60 months and around 3k below MSRP.

Regards.
  • gt97gt97 Posts: 5
    Here is what we are considering. Please let me know your feedback on whether this is a good deal or not. It seems pretty aggressive.

2009 Q7 3.6 with Premium Plus Package and Panoramic Sunroof

MSRP = 52,825
    Invoice = 49,642
    Sales Price = 48,825
    In addition, Deal is putting in $1500 of loyalty cash-back as cap cost reduction
    Lease 36 months w/ 10K miles / year
    Audi Maintenance Pkg included
    Money Factor = .00015
    Residual = 45%
    First payment paid by Audi Financial
    And, dealer is paying the last two lease payments on current car ($1200 total)
    No out-of-pocket money for down payments, etc.

Monthly payment = $725 per month including local taxes
    Sounds like an excellent and very aggressive deal. Below invoice deals are something that we don't experience up here in the Northeast.

The money factor is 0.0015 and not 0.00015 and it should make a big difference in the monthly payment.

Here's what I found based on your numbers:

MSRP = 52,825
    Selling price = 48,825
    Loyalty Incentive = 1,500
    Residual Value = (52,825 * 45%) = 23,771.25
    Leased portion = (47,325 - 23,771.25) = 23,553.75 /36 = 654.27
    Money factor = (47,325 + 23,771.25) * 0.0015 (not 0.00015) = 106.65
    Total monthly payment = $760.92
    Taxes = ???

So I'm not sure why your payment is only $725 a month including taxes?
    The sales rep told me the money factor was .00015, which was a big drop from earlier this year. If you use that money factor, then it gets you to right around $725 per month, taxes included). I double-checked and it looks like those are the current money factors in place for Audi Financial. I have worked with this sales rep before and he has never done a bait and switch or anything shady. Thanks for your feedback.
    I will verify the money factor again from the dealer and let you know. If it's 0.00015, then, my dealer is mistaken when he said that Audi Q7 doesn't have a good money factor in May.
    I just saw that there is an Audi Conquest rebate program for the Q7 3.6 for $1,000 this month. As you can see in my previous post, the dealer is already including $1,500 rebate of Audi Loyalty cash since we own an A6.

The car we are replacing is a BMW X5, so will Audi let us combine the Loyalty and the Conquest rebates for a total of $2,500?
  • danf1222danf1222 Posts: 11
    Car_Man, do you know what the current MF, Residual (12K/yr) for the Q7 3.0 and 3.6 for a 3 year lease. Is a 48 month lease available, and if so is it worth it to lease for 4 years. Is the $1,000 conquest still available for new customers.

Thank you.
    No problem, trabd123. You are much better off keeping the bank that you are leasing through in the dark about your car's mileage when attempting to negotiate your vehicle's end of term purchase price.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gt97. You can give it a shot, but unfortunately I do not believe that the loyalty and conquest cash promotions are compatible.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi danf1222. Here's the information that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Q7 3.0 Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00143 and 47%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2009 Q7 3.6 Premium are .00015 and 42%.

Audi is not currently providing support on 48 month leases, so you definitely do not want to lease either of these trucks for that long.

Yes, the $1,000 conquest cash is still available on leases of both of these trucks.

Car_man
    Host
  • eetjweetjw Posts: 2
    Went to Pacific Audi today and tried to lease a Q7 Premium plus on a 33 month basis with: Panoramic roof, 20 inch wheels, hot weather package. Went back and forth and he finally asked me what it would take to make me want to close the deal.

Originally, his best offer was $6000 first payment and 690 plus tax on monthly, then I told him $4000 first payment and 690 plus tax and then I remembered that Audi should pick up the first payment so I told him $3300 first payment and then $690 plus tax on monthly.

He asked me for my information and did a credit check without letting me know if his manager had approved the numbers and then came back to me and told me that although my credit score was very high, but there isn't a lot, (I'm not sure what that means) so my lease may not get approved. I told him to send it through anyway and he mentioned that he will have an answer to me by tomorrow afternoon.

Is this the normal procedure or is this some trick? And how is the deal? i asked him for residual value and money factor but he says that it would make more sense to work it back because working it the regular way may not come up with the down and monthly requirement that I want.

Thanks for any help
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,252
    Sounds like their working you. You should price the car with zero down then compute the sales tax after you get the money factor, residual and actual cost. Audi is advertising no payments at signing. What is the deal with 4k down. You can put down extra security deposits to lower your payments and get that back at lease end.
  • shapiro23shapiro23 Posts: 2
    First Post. Great Forum. Helped me a lot on my new Q7. Here is the Deal I just got.

2009 Q7Premier Plus
    20” Wheels
    Sunroof
    MSRP: $54.5K
    Loyalty: $1,500
    Sale Price: 52.9K (Before Loyalty)
    Tax: $0.00 (Dealer Said they had Tax Credits they could use against)
    Residual: 45% (Originally 42% but add 1 Point for Maintenance, 2 for 10K miles)
    Money Factor: .00015
    Down Payment: $143.00 (Title and License fee)
    Audi Paid: 1st Month
    Dealer Paid: Remaining 2 months remaining on our RX350 Lease ($1197.24)

My lease payments are $754.20 for 36months and 10k miles per year.

I think I got a good deal, according to this forum. Love The Car. Would love to hear your thoughts. (Greater Chicago Area)
This discussion has been closed.