Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi Q7 Lease Questions

Comments

• Thanks for your integrity and competence. You helped me when I did my 530I BMW. This car is for my wife, but we have trouble with Q7 availabilit.
    (1) What a difference in MF (and even residuals) between 3.6/V6 (.00038;64%/54%) and 4.2/V8 (.00090; 63%/52%)! (Were last month's residuals 66%/56%?)Makes V6 MUCH more affordable than V8. Are you sure about data?
    (1a) Does V6 have enough power?
    (2) Like BMW, can you give a higher security deposit to decrease MF?..
    (2a) Any other way to cut lease payment?
    (2b) Is there lease acquisition fee? Turn-in fee?
    (3) Prepay maintenance is only $500; this also includes one brake job!. What a deal -- since a 1% boost in residual value probably decreases lease by $10 monthly; if so, $360 saved means $500-$360 or net cost of only $10 for 3 yr maintenance, including brakes..
    (4) Final observation -- one dealer will do invoice+$1,000. Is that good deal?
  • We had a 4.2 loaner for a week (long story) before getting our 3.6 and honestly I prefer the v6 engine. There is less throttle response time (I'm assuming bc of the way it is geared) in the v6 and it's plenty fast enough for a family hauler around town or on the highway.

I do definitely notice a difference when going up steeper hills, but then I just drop it into sport mode to hold the gear longer and it's fine.
  • Anyone able to dig up the excess mileage fee from AFS? Any stories about negotiation on that??
  • Thanks. I hope your comment will persuade my wife, who is concerned a V6 will not be adequate for climbing the steep 3 mile road to our home in the Santa Monia Mountains.
    It seems the lease terms (money factor/residuals) are not nearly as favorable for the V6; plus, it gets better mileage. Are you saying SPORT MODE for the V6 would do the trick for long, steep mountain road? THANKS
    (By the way, do you know anything else about my other inquiries? Do you think invoice+$1000 will work, or are dealers wanting more, given favorable lease terms? Do you know the acquisition fee?)
  • Not only is there a sport mode, but there is also a tiptronic mode that lets you select your gears. We drive about a mile up the hill to our house, but if I was really driving in the mountains I would probably use this to hold the gear vs. just sport mode.

I live in the bay area and was only able to get invoice + $1500, but you might be able to get more. I think it depends on the inventory levels (which weren't too high around here).

Acquisition fee is $525.

Security deposit = 1st month payment unless you are currently an AFS customer, in which case it's waived altogether.
  • Thanks.
    (1) V8, due to lease terms, appears much cheaper; plus saves gas. I think you're saying that for our long (3 mile) continuous uphill drive to our house, you would use tiptronic or just sport mode; but, either way, that V8 is not necessary. I really need to sell my wife that V8 not necessary for driving up to our house in Malibu/Calabasas area
    (2) Inventory levels high, but dealers think lease terms are so advantageous that they may not offer less than $1000, unless you were buying the car. Did your "invoice" include any "advertising fee" or anything else not listed on Edmunds or Kelly Blue Book.
    (3) I assume acuqisition fee is really $525, so that I would not accept dealer mark-up beyond.
    (4) Used to be AFS customer; don't mind security deposit; I'd prefer BMW approach -- multiple security deposits yield lower MF.
  • sachsisachsi Posts: 13
    The local dealer here (Livermore, CA) offered me $500 over invoice on any vehicle in stock.
  • 1/ A guess the key is 'in stock'; because at either $1000 or your $500, the dealer won't take the trouble to get one in.
    2/ To clarify, is that IN ADDITION to the favorable lease terms now being offered. That's the key.
    (PS I still can't figure out how they make any money -- $500 for the dealer and the salesperson? Not very much money.)
    3/ Still don't know what to do about V8 vs V6 --lease terms on V8 much less favorable.
  • I purchased my 3.6 premium for $500 over invoice, and I couldn't figure out why the dealer even considered it. They must receive incentives from corporate on total # of units they move.
  • I wonder if they will SELL it at $500 over invoice, but they won't lease it based on that capitalized price????
    On the other hand, they get the $525 lease acquisition fee (or a portion of it?.
  • I think they're just playing the shell game...
  • jpvwaudijpvwaudi Posts: 139
    The acq fee is 575. Its non-negiotiable and no, we dont get to keep any of it. You can have the acq fee waived by raising the money factor by .0005. AFS does offer a multiple security deposit program, each deposit (up to 10 total) lowering the money factor by .00008. Hope this helps......
  • mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Posts: 159
    Car man,

I'm looking at a 07 Q7 3.6L, with it seems most options -premium, S line pkg with 20 inch wheels, tech, convenience, panorama... with msrp 59710. Initial quote was 56250 selling price. What is the MF and residual for 24 and 36 months for 12k miles/ year? My tax rate is 6% and not based on total selling price (Indiana). What would my monthy payments be for zero down - except pay acq fee ( or would it be more wise to roll into lease??)? Dealer says there is no multiple security deposit program... ??dishonest or unaware.
    He said it doesn't lower your MF.
    Thanks
    Mark
  • Car man,

I'm trying to confirm the MF and residuals for a 36 month 12K lease for the V8 standard and premium. I saw one thread that indicated .0009 and 54% for the standard. Is that right? Is it different for the premium. Dealers seem willing to make a deal but I want to make sure I understand what Audi Financial is providing.

Thanks,
  • I just leased a 3.6 fully loaded. With MF of .0013 and 3 yr 10k miles residual of 61%. Paid the taxes up front and total monthly payment is $705. Looked at the V8 put after driving both decided there really was not that much difference and even though its heavy the 3.6 seems fine. Overall love the car, our 6th Audi in 12 years and is a real upgrade from the A6 we had before. Drives just like it but much bigger with enough room for both kids' car seats and 4 adults.
  • What was your MSRP and what was the sell price? Thanks
  • Here's info on lease I entered into for a Q7 Premium with third row seats, infotainment package, convenience package, sunroof. MSRP: $53,160, invoice: $49,069. I negotiated to $500 over invoice, + $195 ("PDI": pre-delivery inspection fee) + "advertising fee" of $423.97 (1% of base invoice). I added the maintenance program ($550) which bumped the residual to 56% from 55%. Acquisition fee ($575) and dealer documentation fee ($45) brought the gross capitalized cost to $51,358. I paid a cap reduction of $3725 which resulted in a monthly payment of $569 (including tax, $528 before tax). Money factor was .00038 (= interest rate of 0.91%, thanks Audi!), and lease was for 3 years with 10k miles. Total drive off was $5k ($3725 cap reduction, $307 tax on cap reduction, $569 first month payment incl tax, $399 license/reg fee). Buying experience was neutral - had to keep an eye on dealer so lease calculations were accurate, but the dealer did a good job in acquiring the vehicle (had to get it from a different dealer) and in delivering the car to our house. Hope the info is helpful to others...
  • guhoguho Posts: 5
    signed for Q7 3.6 Premium. $300 over dealer invoice which differs from Edmunds by $195 PDI and $300 ad fee so really $795 over Edmunds invoice. MF .00038 and they gave me 56% resid on 10000mi/36mo lease. Chose to do it with 0 down, $630/mo. Factory order car expected in April. :D
  • kris17kris17 Posts: 18
    Dear "Did the deed", congraduations on your new lease...however I have one question? I have been negosiating with a dealer in my area and it appears they will have to order the Q7 I want and it may take 10-12 weeks. The problem is, is that they won't garrentee todays lease terms, and said if the lease terms change by the time I take delivery 2 or 3 months from now I will be subject to the lease terms at time of delivery. Are you sure your lease terms are firm and won't change if Audi changes their program by April? Thanks
  • The money factors on the Q7 are great, but the residuals appear a little low compared to the competition. The BMW X5 and the Tahoe are both giving me residuals of 60% for 3yr/15K. Why are the residuals so low on the Q7? Why does it appear the the MF drives down the residual?
    Because the manufacturers have to get a realistic payment out of you ... low MF generates business, but has to be compensated somehow. Also I think the Audi resid is much more realistic. If you lease the car at 94% of MSRP and resid is 56% it's a 40.4% depreciation which is not unreasonable over 3 years. Probably the BMW has artificially high resid and worse MF.
    I asked that same question. They said I am locked in. Hope it is right as they'll say anything to close the deal. Fortunately in NY state I can cancel anytime before I sign the lease and get my deposit back. They made me sign language that deposit is nonrefundable but I am fairly sure it is in violation of the Motor Vehicle Retail Leasing Act of NY state. But I want the car bad so I hope lease terms indeed stay the same. Plus I have it all in an e-mail thread with the dealer.
  • You're welcome, asteinberg. AFS' January residual values for the Q7 V6 and V8 are about the same, but as you notices the V6's money factor is much lower. Many people find the V6 to be a little sluggish, but you may not. You really should test drive both the V6 and the V8 to see if you can live with the smaller engine.

AFS may have a multiple security deposit program, but if it does I do not know the details of it. You will need to check with the dealer that you are working with to find out. AFS charges a $575 acquisition fee and I believe a $350 disposition fee on every vehicle that it leases.

$1,000 over dealer invoice sounds like a reasonable price to me, but if there are other dealers in your area you might as well do some comparison shopping because there is still some room to work with there. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately: "Audi Q7: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi Mark. Here's the info that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Q7 3.6L with 12,000 miles per year are .00038 and 63%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00038 and 54%. Most vehicles that are equipped with the S-Line Package have residual values that are 2% lower than normal. Using these numbers and the prices that you mentioned in your post, an MSRP of $59,710 and a selling price of $56,250, I estimate that this truck's 24 month payment will be around $862 and its 36 month payment will be around $734.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Greetings ny_driver. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Audi Q7 V8 non-Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00090 and 54%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '07 Q7 V8 Premium are .00090 and 52%. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Congratulations on your new truck, randomwalker. Thanks for taking he time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Congrats guho. Both the selling price and the money factor that you were able to negotiate look good. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • dpeck1dpeck1 Posts: 51
    We ahve same car but are having trouble with our car seats (highback boosters). The headrest (non removable) do not allow car seats to rest against back of rear seat. Audi is aware of problem and won't do anything. Any thoughts?

Thanks.
  • Is it a better option than the normal lease on a 3.6 Premium given an indifference to pay cash?
  • Neither trying to compare nor experiencing buyer remorse (I hope). Feeling tired from all the numbers, a little buzz from the beer, and sleepy at the moment. Therefore, please excuse all the typos. Just posting numbers for people who may rely this forum to work on the next deal, as I have used this forum as the foundation for my work.

Honestly, we were contemplating between these two cars w/ similar MSRPs. They are 2007 Land Rover LR3 SE with technology package plus bixenon light and this Audi Q7 equipped with the following packages: Infotainment, Technology, Convenience, Panaroma, 4-zone climate control, 3rd row, and 19" wheels.

According to Edmunds, MSRP $57,310 while invoice = $52,846. My gross capitalization cost is $53934, and the "fleet manager" said that it was below invoice?

huh? could some one explain the disappeared difference of $1088? is that for floor matt or dealer profit or other unknown fees?

My drive off is $2K. Out of such, $835 is for cost reduction w/ tax included. 1st month payment of $648 + tax = $699. Doc fee of $49, sales tax $49, CA tire fee $9, and CA License Fee of $411.

I noticed that Registration fee is N/A? Why is that? Am I still liable for Registration fee? The "fleet manager" told me that registration and license fees were taken care?

Is there a difference between the two? I visited CA website ran the state calculator for vehicle registration. The amounts on my lease contract and on the state vehicle website match closely $415. However, grand total registration fees came out to be $4595, which was on the lease contract. huh?

Any how, the terms on my lease are 36 months, 12Kmi/yr, MF 0.00038, and 58% residual. Monthly payment is $648 + tax.

I don't have security deposit, acquisition fee, title fees, and registration fee.

Could some one please explain the answers to my questions. What am I doing wrong? Am I to expect a big fat bill from CA DMV?

Thank you so much for all your help.
This discussion has been closed.