Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-7 Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi...we just picked up our 2010 CX7 in S.florida (Ft Laud area)...sounds like your deal is a little high. Here's ours:
    2010 CX7 i sport
    w/convenience package(u get the sunroof/power seat/backup camera)
    $3k at signing (this included all the taxes/tags/etc)
    $289 mo/36 mo.
    10k year (we didn't need the extra miles)
    (we started the process thru the Costco buying program...they seem to help
    weed out the shady dealers)

We had turned in our '07 CX7 and I was concerned to trade down to the non-turbo...I have to say we are very pleasantly surprised! Nice performance and much
    better mileage!
    Good luck!
  • I just got quoted $360/36 month with no down (1st month plus aquisition) for 10K a year in NYC. Does it sound fair?

I'm kind of nervous. Never leased or bought new cars before, so I don't really know what to expect. I checked some internet reviews on this dealership, and they are not encouraging. Are those contracts much more complicated than the ones for used cars? Thanks.
  • Just came back from the dealer and worked out a deal for a 2010 GT-CX-7. Just wanted to know peoples thoughts.

39 Month
    15000 miles
    1500 At inception
    500/month

Thoughts/Comments?
  • Would appreciate the Nov numbers based on 15k mi/yr for a CX-7 FWD Touring and Grand Touring. Need 24, 36, 39, and 42 /mo lease terms if available. I'm trying to strike a deal this week. Much appreciated!
  • Here you go, gator00si. Mazda's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2010 CX-7 FWD Touring with 15,000 miles per year are .00045 and 55%. Its 36-month numbers are .00042 and 47%. Its 39-month numbers are .00070 and 45%.

The money factors for the 2010 CX-7 FWD Grand Touring are exactly the same, but its residual values are 52% for 24 months, 44% for 36 months, and 42% for 39 months.

I left out the 42-month program because it's not really a good idea to lease this car for too much longer than its basic warranty coverage of 3 years, 36,000 miles if I was in your situation. It would be beyond annoying to have to pay to fix some sort of issue out of your own pocket before returning your car. Here are the 36 and 39 month numbers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Does anyone know what the lease rates/values for a 2010 CX-7 Sport (FWD) are? For a 42 month lease, I was provided a 46% residual, and I did not get the money factor, but based on the Mazda Website, I believe it's .00105. If anyone can verify that 42 mo residual rate, and let me know what the 36 & 24 mo residual rates are currently, as well as verify the money factor(different for 36 & 24?), I would greatly appreciate it.
  • Thinking of leasing a 2010 i Sport by the end of Dec. Looking for the money factor and residual value for both a 36 and 42 month lease. Trying to determine if the "Mazda Drive Off"deal ( $316 for 42 months with $0 down, $0 security, $0 1st month) is a good deal or not. Thanks. :confuse:
  • Car_Man,

Would you have a minute to review the following for me?

I just received the following lease numbers from a local dealer in AZ. I'm looking at a 2010 CX-7 Touring FWD with the technology package. Here are the numbers:
    36 month, 12k miles a year, 0 down
    Base including dest: 28735
    Residual 48%
    Money factor is .00042
    tax is 8.1%
    Doc, Reg, Acq = 1448.26
    Cap Cost = 28,038 fees rolled into it
    Discounts are $2145 (500 mazda, 1645 dealer)
    monthly is $468.00

I plugged the numbers into my lease worksheet and they look ok, but the monthly payment looks high, I'm thinking that I can do better on the cost, maybe another 1,000 off. Doc fee is high at $400.

What are your thoughts, I appreciate you taking a look.
  • Hi statefan. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2010 CX-7 Sport FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00042 and 48%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 24-month lease are .00045 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi mahsully. Mazda's December lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2010 CX-7i Sport FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00042 and 48%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00070 and 46%.

Despite the fact that Mazda is advertising a 42-month lease on this car, I personally wouldn't lease one for that long. You'd be much better off going with a 36 or 39 month lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi bonesaz. The CX-7 that you described has a $1,930 difference between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The $1,645 dealer discount that you were quoted looks very attractive to me.

Furthermore, the money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Chase's current program for this model.

If you like the CX-7, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks Car_man I appreciate the help, even though I have the lease worksheet it's still difficult at times the way salesmen combine items and call things by different names to make sure I'm not getting taken.
  • You're very welcome, bonesaz.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man,

Can you give me the December numbers for 2010 CX-7 s Touring with Technology pkg, as well as the Grand Touring (no packages) 36 mo lease, 10,000 mi/yr?

Thanks, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Kristina
  • car_man, could I have your opinion on the following?

Zip Code=19454 (PA)
    MSRP=$24,840
    Lease price=$23,550
    Term=36 months (1st month paid by dealer under Mazda drive away program) Mileage=10,000
    Residual=50%
    Bank rate=.00042
    Acq. fee=$595,
    Monthly Payment=$334 + tax

How can I get the dealer to pay the last payment of $442 on my current Toyota? The dealers all seem to insist on adding it back in to the new lease.

Are programs/deals usually better or worse in January than in December?

Anyone else have any comments?

Thanks!
  • bldazbldaz Posts: 11
    Please Help me out, my wife needs a car this week

I must be doing something wrong, using my numbers a 31935 MSRP CX-7 2010
    36 month, 12k miles a year, 0 down
    Base including dest: 31935
    Residual 48% =15328
    Invoice is about 30000 - 15328 = 14672 depreciation
    [divided by} / 36 = 407 +19 = 426 +tax =461 payment
    Money factor is .00042
    tax is 8.3 where i live

Doc, Reg, Acq = 1448.26
    Cap Cost = 28,038 fees rolled into it
    Discounts are $2145 (500 mazda, 1645 dealer) if this is cash add to down? doesnt this reduce the payment rather than cap cost?
    monthly is $468.00
    I came up with 383 inc tax on a 39 month 28735 MSRP
    Are there differences between Touring and Grand toruing and sport residuals and money factors? Oh between 39 and 42 months?
    What is the 42 month resid and MF?
  • Car_man:

I am currently leasing a 2007 GT CX-7. My lease ends this July. I leased w/ 15,000 mpy and just turned 45,000. So every mile I drive now, I am at 0.20 cents a pop.

So.....

When is it the best time to LEASE? My dealer says Spring. Are the deals better then? What is your thoughts when deals are better?

I am thinking of keeping until April and leasing another. Hoping my dealer will forgo my excess mileage (probably around 4k of miles or $800) if I buy from them.

I had a faulty engine and had it replaced after a year into lease. Mazda made a monthly payment for me ($380) and said they'd throw in $500 ADDITIONAL loyalty if I re-lease at end of my term. I complained in the first year that I was only getting 15 mpg, they said it was driving habits, I said NO - LOL. Weeks later a ticking in my engine caused them confusion and then new engine. So I am hoping to get some kind of special treatment.

Also I am a Automotive Vendor, in which on my current lease I used my FORD X-Plan. Now that Mazda is not a part of Ford, my dealer finance guy said he can still use my PIN for a 2010???? Does this make sense to you? Do you know anything about this?

Well I wrote a book, but you can just comment on what ever you feel you can, shortly - LOL..

Regards,

Jeff
  • Car_man.....You around?
    To gobluejd,
    Yes you can use your X-Plan from Ford for a Mazda, also Volvo, The X-plan typically does not mean they have to sell to you but in most circumstances they will. It is about 750 back of invoice and they should show you the invoice too. They also usually wave the dealer Doc fees. The Invoice shows the x-plan numbers and the A- plan (employee of Ford).
    I have bought and leased a few that way, very good deal.