Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-7 Lease Questions

Comments

• mykedavemykedave Posts: 1
    Hello I am in the Ft Lauderdale area and Im looking to purchase a CX-7 2008 or 2009. My question is with no money down and a very good credit rating what is the best deal that I can get. Im looking to pay around 350.00 per month if possible for 60 months. Any suggestions or advise will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you
  • abukiabuki Posts: 7
    Hi Car_man, Would you know what is the current Residual and MF for an CX-7 touring AWD? i'm looking at either 15K or 12K miles per year, and 36 to 39 month terms?

Thanks...
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're very welcome, maxglobin. You will have two options at the end of your Altima lease, buy your leased car or return it to the dealer and get something new...which does not necessarily have to be another Nissan vehicle.

Given the dramatic fall in the value of used vehicles over the past year you probably do not want to buy your car at lease-end, unless Nissan is willing to significantly reduce its purchase option price.

I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on the CX-7 that you are interested in for you. It's good that you already know what the selling price of the model that you want is. That is a very important number. In order to calculate a lease payment I need to know what its full MSRP is as well. Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi mykedave. This particular discussion is for people to talk about leasing the CX-7. You will probably have better luck getting feedback on what sort of selling price to expect and what your finance payment will look like over in the "Mazda CX-7 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences" discussion.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi abuki. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CX-7 Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00124 and 42%, respectively. the numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00150 and 40%. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this vehicle's residual values would be 2% higher.

When negotiating your lease, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that Mazda is currently providing on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • In June 2007 we leased a CX-7 Grand Tourer with Technology package (DVD Nav)for first month down and $340 a month (Inc. Tax) on a 24 month lease. This weekend we asked the same dealer for the same again, as our lease is coming to an end, and he quoted $1,000 down and $471 a month ! WTF !

Can 'mr. CarMan' please tell me what is going on ?
    Hi britboyinfl. Unfortunately, in general manufacturers' lease programs are much worse today than they were several years ago. The main reason for this is that for years manufacturers were unknowingly overestimating vehicles' residual values, making their monthly payments lower than they should have been.

This became a major problem for banks starting last summer. First when gas prices spiked to $4.00/gallon the resale values of trucks fell off of a cliff. Then when the economy entered a deep recession the values of most other vehicles followed.

The banks that had been leasing vehicles to consumers for years found that the vehicles coming back off-lease were worth nowhere near what they had estimated they would be and they were forced to take millions and millions of dollars in losses. Naturally, they were disturbed by this and they lowered their residual values for vehicles going forward.

So that in a nutshell is why leasing is generally more expensive today than it used to be. There are still some attractive lease deals out there...they are just fewer and further between than they used to be.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks for the clear explanation Car_man,

I bet if I asked Mazda to lower my lease end buy price because of a 'revised' residual they would say no :)

After much 'negotiating' we have signed with Nissan for a Rogue SL with Premium and Leather (MSRP $26470) for 0 down, and 38 * $371 (+ Tax). That's the best we could do. No Nav (Guess a Garmin will do) and $60 a month more than our CX-7 for a similarly spec'd car.
  • patwhitepatwhite Posts: 4
    Hello, wife is looking at the CX-7 Touring and we got an initial quote of $25,570 if we take the rebates and not any special financing.

Does anyone know what the money factors/residual are for the Raleigh NC area? Not sure yet if this price is good. The MSRP on the sticker is $29,820.

Thank you!
  • runnernicrunnernic Posts: 15
    i have a 2008 grand touring with navigation and remote start... i put $0 down and pay $400.02 a month.... i'm in central NJ
    You're very welcome, britboyinfl. Enjoy your new CX-7.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings patwhite. Here's the information that you're looking for. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Mazda CX-7 Touring with 15,000 miles per year are .00081 and an unattractive 40%, respectively.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is available on leases of it in your area.

Car_man
    Host
  • walktofastwalktofast Posts: 10
    This is on my Mazda dealers web site in Massachusetts. I went yesterday and going back today to drive both CX7 and 9. Posted under CX9 lease and confused as to why the payment on the CX7 would be more then a lease on a CX9. Really don't want to put 3k down on a lease. (also looking at a used CX7 for $17,000 so might buy) THANKS

New 2009 Mazda CX-7 Sport AWD
    Offer ends 7/31/09
    BUY FOR $20,170

Lease for $339
    Per Month

MSRP $26,895. Automatic. Price plus tax, title, registration fee, and $295 administration fee. All dealer and factory rebates and incentives due to dealer. Vehicle must be paid for at time of purchase. 36 month lease, 10,000 miles per year. $22,420 Cap Cost. $3000 due at inception, plus tax, title, registration fee, and $295 administration fee. All lease payments include destination. Subject to Chase Mazda tier 0-3 approval. 0% APR financing available for qualified customers. Cannot combine offers. Vehicle shown for illustration purposes only. Subject to prior sale. Offers end 7/31/09.
  • eoseireeoseire Posts: 14
    Hi Carman, Do you have CX-7 GT rates for August ? Thanks
    I sure do, eoseire. Chase's (Mazda runs all of its special leases through them now) current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CX-7 GT AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00105 and 46%, respectively.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car man, Do you have any lease info for the 2010 cx7. I am looking for 24 or 36 months, 12k per year.
    Thank you.
  • Looking for 2009 and/or 2010 lease rates on CX7 all trims...

10k, 12k miles, 24 and 36 months.

thx
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, eagles2. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 CX-7 Touring AWD (you never mentioned the specific trim level that you want and it makes a difference) with 12,000 miles per year are .00085 and 59%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00105 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi smithsonga. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor for 24 month leases of any trim level 2010 CX-7 is .00085. The money factor for a 36 month lease of this truck is .00105. Here are its 24 / 36 month 12,000 mile per year residuals:

CX-7 Sport FWD: 60% / 52%
    CX-7 SV FWD: 62% / 53%
    CX-7 Grand Touring AWD: 56% / 48%
    CX-7 Grand Touring FWD: 56% / 48%
    CX-7 Touring AWD: 59% / 51%
    CX-7 Touring FWD: 58% / 50%

The 24 and 36 month, 12k factors for an '09 CX-7 are .00015 and .00076, respectively. Here are its resids:

CX-7 Grand Touring AWD: 51% / 54%
    CX-7 Grand Touring FWD: 50% / 43%
    CX-7 Sport AWD: 50% / 43%
    CX-7 Sport FWD: 49% / 42%
    CX-7 Touring AWD: 49% / 42%
    CX-7 Touring FWD: 48% / 41%

Car_man
    Host
  • I just got quoted today for a 2010 CX-7 base (no frills whatsover) with zero down $389 a month + tax. Seems very high to me. I live in FL.
    He said the residual value on this car was $11,500. Does this sound right?
  • Hi...we just picked up our 2010 CX7 in S.florida (Ft Laud area)...sounds like your deal is a little high. Here's ours:
    2010 CX7 i sport
    w/convenience package(u get the sunroof/power seat/backup camera)
    $3k at signing (this included all the taxes/tags/etc)
    $289 mo/36 mo.
    10k year (we didn't need the extra miles)
    (we started the process thru the Costco buying program...they seem to help
    weed out the shady dealers)

We had turned in our '07 CX7 and I was concerned to trade down to the non-turbo...I have to say we are very pleasantly surprised! Nice performance and much
    better mileage!
    Good luck!
  • I just got quoted $360/36 month with no down (1st month plus aquisition) for 10K a year in NYC. Does it sound fair?

I'm kind of nervous. Never leased or bought new cars before, so I don't really know what to expect. I checked some internet reviews on this dealership, and they are not encouraging. Are those contracts much more complicated than the ones for used cars? Thanks.
  • Just came back from the dealer and worked out a deal for a 2010 GT-CX-7. Just wanted to know peoples thoughts.

39 Month
    15000 miles
    1500 At inception
    500/month

Thoughts/Comments?
  • Would appreciate the Nov numbers based on 15k mi/yr for a CX-7 FWD Touring and Grand Touring. Need 24, 36, 39, and 42 /mo lease terms if available. I'm trying to strike a deal this week. Much appreciated!
  • Here you go, gator00si. Mazda's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2010 CX-7 FWD Touring with 15,000 miles per year are .00045 and 55%. Its 36-month numbers are .00042 and 47%. Its 39-month numbers are .00070 and 45%.

The money factors for the 2010 CX-7 FWD Grand Touring are exactly the same, but its residual values are 52% for 24 months, 44% for 36 months, and 42% for 39 months.

I left out the 42-month program because it's not really a good idea to lease this car for too much longer than its basic warranty coverage of 3 years, 36,000 miles if I was in your situation. It would be beyond annoying to have to pay to fix some sort of issue out of your own pocket before returning your car. Here are the 36 and 39 month numbers.

Car_man
    Host
  • Does anyone know what the lease rates/values for a 2010 CX-7 Sport (FWD) are? For a 42 month lease, I was provided a 46% residual, and I did not get the money factor, but based on the Mazda Website, I believe it's .00105. If anyone can verify that 42 mo residual rate, and let me know what the 36 & 24 mo residual rates are currently, as well as verify the money factor(different for 36 & 24?), I would greatly appreciate it.
  • Thinking of leasing a 2010 i Sport by the end of Dec. Looking for the money factor and residual value for both a 36 and 42 month lease. Trying to determine if the "Mazda Drive Off"deal ( $316 for 42 months with $0 down, $0 security, $0 1st month) is a good deal or not. Thanks. :confuse:
  • Car_Man,

Would you have a minute to review the following for me?

I just received the following lease numbers from a local dealer in AZ. I'm looking at a 2010 CX-7 Touring FWD with the technology package. Here are the numbers:
    36 month, 12k miles a year, 0 down
    Base including dest: 28735
    Residual 48%
    Money factor is .00042
    tax is 8.1%
    Doc, Reg, Acq = 1448.26
    Cap Cost = 28,038 fees rolled into it
    Discounts are $2145 (500 mazda, 1645 dealer)
    monthly is $468.00

I plugged the numbers into my lease worksheet and they look ok, but the monthly payment looks high, I'm thinking that I can do better on the cost, maybe another 1,000 off. Doc fee is high at $400.

What are your thoughts, I appreciate you taking a look.
  • Hi statefan. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2010 CX-7 Sport FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00042 and 48%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 24-month lease are .00045 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi mahsully. Mazda's December lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2010 CX-7i Sport FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00042 and 48%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00070 and 46%.

Despite the fact that Mazda is advertising a 42-month lease on this car, I personally wouldn't lease one for that long. You'd be much better off going with a 36 or 39 month lease.

Car_man
    Host