Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz GL-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
edited January 29 in Mercedes-Benz
Post your Mercedes-Benz GL-Class buying experiences here!

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• Gee, kinda spooky that there are no posts. Maybe I don't want to buy one! :confuse:
  • mevandemevande Posts: 190
    The GL SUV is fairly new and dealers have not had them all that long, hence expect MSRP to be the rule for awhile.
    I think MB dealers will stick to MSRP on the GL. It's new and not a large supply. However when supply does catch up w/ demand they will have to deal. Lots of competition in this space.. Lexus, Caddy.. more.

Take a look at what MB dealers are paying for the GL and in general at MSRP they will be making almost 10 large on nicely equipped models.

The place to start negotiating. Takes into account the dealer incentives and holdbacks that may be in effect.
    Dealer Invoice Price $51,832
    Dealer Incentive (Subtract) See note. ( $0)
    Dealer Holdback (Subtract) ( $1,647)

Reports Bottom Line Price
    +add Dealer Invoice for packages/options $50,185
  • Did anyone recently purchased this new MB GL-CLASS. Please give me a quote for this vehicle. I live in Seattle,WA. Any idea how much should I spend for this??? Thankx
  • hi everyone,
    The following is an internet quote which I just got so far. Please let me know is it a good deal? I live in Seattle,WA.

1. Instock - Silver with Black interior, sunroof package, power tailgate, add single screen rear DVD = $60544 - available now

2.Available at another dealer - Silver/black, add single screen rear DVD and shipping to Seattle = $59014 - available before the end of July

3. Special order - Black or White, Single screen DVD entertainment package - $57370 - September Delivery if ordered in the next 7 days, after that October delivery.
    :cry: :cry: :cry:
  • awf_axisawf_axis Posts: 136
    I think that most people see the GL, and think its a RAV4..
  • templeton3templeton3 Posts: 69
    It looks like a Toyota Forerunner to me.
  • awf_axisawf_axis Posts: 136
    Here's a comp-shot I saw ...

Wow, MB is not moving away from MSRP much. The local dealer has 6 on the lot, however I will wait for the 'newness' to wair off til I make a play.
  • rbirns1rbirns1 Posts: 166
    I'm thinking Honda Pilot.
  • howlyshowlys Posts: 5
    Hello. The msrp is $55675 as per mbusa.com. Consumer Reports reports that the bottom line price this vehicle can be had is for $49410. Edmunds says the invoice is for $51057. So, lets hear about some of your buying/negotiating/getting a deal out there. Who's getting the best deal, how much did you pay, what options, where, and how did you do it? I'd appreciate it and I'm positive there are others will appreciate it as well. Thank you.
  • msp679msp679 Posts: 1
    Got one Today for $53,500 plus tax etc. Spent about 4hours start to finish. Got the sunroof and power lift gate features. MB San Fran. . Didnt do much but bring the best neg.,my wife. These cars have been out for awhile so haggle as much as you can. The service was good, not great but would recommend. Good luck
  • It seems like a great deal. If true then very encouraging. I am looking at buying a new GL but do not know where to shop for best prices? Can we e mail to multiple dealerships with our specifications for quotes over the internet? I am not a good negotiator and feel offended at the dealership. Do they stick to their e mail quotes?
  • billmvbillmv Posts: 142
    If you're not a good negotiator it's best to negotiate via email. You can't physically go to every dealership. They know that, and they're now set up to deal with internet inquiries. Do your research, decide how much you'll pay, and when a dealer gets to that price, then you go in and meet face to face.

They will stick to their email quotes, because if they do not, you can just say "I'm leaving" and take that quote to another dealer who will match it. Your most powerful negotiating tool is your butt going out the front door of the dealership if they try to change the deal. Tell them you need to go home and rework these new figures and you'll be back the next day.
  • bigdmbigdm Posts: 5
    Can others post their deals on new GL450 or how negotiating is going? We are in the 4th quarter of 2006 and I was wondering if better deals are ahead. I am trying to make a decision between 2007 MB GL450 and Lexus GX450

BigDM
  • Anyone recently purchase the gl 450? How much were you able to get off of sticker and did they throw anything else in? I love the car and will buy one in January.
  • Havn't purchased yet, but am dying to. Just voted Motortrend of the year. FYI Lexus GX 450 is same as Nissan's SUV model, they are identical vehicles with different name... you pay more for the lexus. Mercedes hands down, automatic 3rd seat stowaway (push a button)... quiet and luxurious ride, Nissan/Lexus rides like a truck and engine noise is really loud. Nissan Lexus seems "cheaply" built, Mercedes dash is perfect, with a very cool flip down Nav screen which allows access to CD player/DVD...

Are you all quoting prices for "loaded" vehicles, ie; nav, rearview camera, heated seat package, entertainment, tow, so forth... I'm coming up with nearly a 70K figure... seems a little ridiculous... but it's the best luxury vehicle out there.

Is there anyway to purchase through a broker/internet and not have to go to the dealer... I can't stand dealerships!
  • My estimate was $63k but I did not get if fully loaded. I added nav, rear view camera, heated seat back but no entertainment. I will do that seperately. I hear people are getting $$ of sticker so I would like to see how much I could expect to get off sticker.
  • Hopefully you meant Toyota/Lexus because Nissan is attached to the Infiniti brand. As far as GL pricing goes....around here they are all over the board. From one dealer saying its full MSRP because the GL are hard to get....not.....they had 6 on the lot and every dealer around seems to have 5+ GLs in inventory. I ended up getting $2900 off MSRP and an extra $2000 on my trade. The GL's MRSP ended up at $65,525. Don't settle....negotiate...never pay MSRP.
  • I'm thinking of purchasing a GL-450. The MB dealership here in Albuquerque is selling them at invoice + $200.