Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz GL-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• vchad,

can you post the link for companies on mbz fleet program. I found this link from googling "mercedes benz fleet" many hits but they don't tell me what companies are on their list of DOF: http://www.fleet.mbusa.com/diversity .

MBZ must try hard to keep this list a secret or some thing :-)

Thanks in advance for your help,
  • yiliueryiliuer Posts: 14
    Hi vchd/Kennyyu,

Can you please share with me on how to get the fleet discount? My company is not on the list. I will pick up a GL320 this afternoon. Tried credit union but all are taken off the list of FEP.
    my email: yiliuer@hotmail.com
    Thanks very much,
    Here is what I got:

GL320 Bluetec
    black/black
    P01
    Appearance package
    rear seat entertainment
    plus destination fee 875

MSRP: 68725. I got the quote for $51500. No additional discount applied. It is in north cal.
    Any one can share the fleet discount info please? I will pick up the car tomorrow. Thanks very much,
  • huj089huj089 Posts: 6
    Hi yiliuer,

Looks like you got a decent quote. Would you mind sharing with me the names of the dealership and of the salesperson? Really hate to waste time negotiating.

For the fleet information, check that link and see if your (or your spouse's) company is listed.
    huj089,

I would be happy to give you the info after the deal is closed. The negotiation was a fairly smooth painless process.

None of our companies are on the list of FEP. Tried credit union but it was just off the list.
  • This is a very similar deal to one I was negotiating here in NorCal. What's strange to me is how different dealerships are handling sales. yiliuer, please let me know as well who you are dealing with. I was offered a similar one to yours yesterday at about the same price but with the fleet discount included. Now you make me think I can get down a couple of grand...
    Thanks, yiliuer. Looking forward to your good news tomorrow.
  • vchadvchad Posts: 97
    I already sent you an email about the fleet discount. you didn't respond or anything.

As a matter of fact, I responded to every one of you, but NOT one of you had the decency to even offer a thank you response or anything. I put my neck on the line, and offered a way to get the rebate, but it seems most of you are ungrateful.

So from now on, NO one please ask for the fleet discount information.
  • Hey vchad,

I want to thank you, albeit late, for your email. In my case, yahoo was kind enough to throw it into my junk email folder, which I never open. I just found it tonight and wanted to let you know that on my part, I really appreciate it. Thanks again.
    Hi vchad,

sorry for the confusion. I have been checking my email frequently but I am so sorry that I couldn't find your email, not even in the junk mail. It must have been lost somewhere. And it might be the same thing happening to other people too. I am grateful to your original post about this great deal. I am sure we are all grateful to other people's help, and myself is willing to share information on this forum.
    As you can see I have been eagerly asking for help on this fleet information, a couple of times. If you could kindly share this information again, that would be great. Otherwise, I also understand. Thanks very much and have a good night.
    My email: YILIUER@HOTMAIL.COM
    No surprise. The dealers are playing games all the time. The one I am contacting with appears to be quite straight. He basically agrees to the price I proposed, with a decently loaded package. I will forward you his info after tomorrow. He did mention the inventory is very low but he does have access to inventory somewhere else, like in socal and other state.
    sorry about the rant, I had a long day and I do love helping people, as others have helped me. I wasn't looking for any thanks you honestly, but believe it or not, i'm a doctor, and ive been crazy busy, and I mean even tho most of us have the finances to afford a nice mercedes, its good to know atleast we got the best and fair deal, and anyway I can help, I do.

I will resend it right now, reply back if you dont get it.
    Hi vchad,

your email doesn't seem to go through. I did get a chance to read the lost mail with the help from some gentleman. I replied to your mailbox but I am not sure if you got my mail, neither am I sure if I can catch your future correspondence through my hotmail account. Here is another email that you could reach me. YLIU@chem.ucla.edu

Thanks so much for your help. I appreciate your care for others, both as a professional doctor and as a Edmunder.
    I just responded to that ucla email.
    Got it and sent back a reply. Hopefully no problem with that one.
    To those of you who I emailed, Please take advantage of this deal. Dont worry about the donation I told you about, i'll manage it somehow, because once you guys get a control #, we lose out anyway, so if you got a control #, please use it, or atleast try to.

The only thing i ask of you, is PLEASE do not share our account number, because once that spreads, its going to cause a mess for me.

All the best.
  • polyslopolyslo Posts: 2
    Hi vchad, I'm looking to purchase at the moment, please email me the fleet info to polyslo at sbo2000.net if possible. It's for my personal use only. Thanks for your help.
  • yiliuer/huj089:

Please let me know the dealer, too when you close on the deal.

I am also on the market for GL320 CDI BlueTech. I am in the SF Bay Area (San Jose).

Talked to Beshoff @ Capitol, they don't have one in stock until this Sat. They were hinting about CostCo Program ($1K off Invoice :-) before the $10K Marketing Support discount for this month. Told him about a $51,888 deal for a GL320/P1/RES/Appearance Package, and he said that would be a good deal. It seems that you're getting a better one than that. :)

Thanks for sharing,

ba_musket
    The deal was closed. The fleet discount went through with no problem. Hats off to vchad. I am very happy with the car.

For those of you who are interested. The dealer is Bill Wallis from MB pleasanton. It was a painless process and I highly recommend him. Nail down a good price through email before you call him or mention the fleet discount. just my two cents.
    Wow, so you got another 2k off $51.5k? Amazing!!! Congrats...

I talked to a dealer today and he can't match that. To make it worse, there are not many GL320 left. I may go with an ML320 instead.

Thanks for sharing the dealership info!
  • c4s96c4s96 Posts: 1
    Hi vchad, follow this board for months and pull the trigger today for a GL320. Can you help me with the fleet discount.

GL320 with P1, trailer hitch and stepping board, msrp 66855, paid 51637 before tax

Thanks for your help.
    You have to GO IN with your fleet discount, BEFORE you buy the car. You can't deduct after the sale.
  • While researching the GL (for the umpteenth time) I came across this post. I am in the market for a GL as well and would appreciate the info to get a lower price. Is the 10K off the price only for the 320 or applies to the 450s as well?
    Thanks in advance
  • rayleiwurayleiwu Posts: 18
    For all the GLs 320,450 and 550. However it seems to be harder to get all of it from the dealer now for 320s due to the larger demand. Inventory for 320BTC has been decreasing rapidly since the rebate was discovered.
  • How about the 2010 Gls. I called a few dealers - no one is offering a 10k off deal. How does 8k below MSRP sound for a 2010 gl? P1 with running boards for about 60K in the Washington area?
  • collmancollman Posts: 22
    vchad,
    I have sent a reply to you twice already, but I did not get your reply yet.
    Could you check and reply to me?
    Thank you in advance.
  • collmancollman Posts: 22
    MSRP 71,005
    Invoice 66,096
    P01
    Apperance Package
    Rear Entertainment Sys.
    Trailer Hitch

A dealer offered me $56,000 plus TTL excludes the fleet rebate.
    Is it a good deal? or Can I get a better deal like 54K~55K??

Thank you in advance.
    Hey Collman, where did you send me a message to, here or email? I have responded to everyone I got messages from.

well regardless, what did you need help on? please leave me your email in case you need some info.
    he's got about 3900 in holdback behind invoice. I think you can get another 2k off from him, if demand for the particular car you want isn't there.

If you can qualify for fleet rebate, that will give you another 2k automaticlly.