Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz GL-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• realfanrealfan Posts: 4
    I bought a GL 320 BlueTEC with the following options:

Obisdan Black Metallic Paint
    Premium 1
    Rear Seat Entertainment
    Trailer Hitch
    Illuminated Door Sills

MSRP was $69,345 and invoice $64,452. I negotiated mine down to $55,700. Don't know for sure if this is a great deal or not but it sure felt like it. Also, the dealer told me that if I came in to trade within two or three years, I'd get an awesome deal due to the $10K discount I just got. He said that I basically got the first year's depreciation built in to my pricing and that a trade up within three years would require very little cash (under $5K or so if I did it within two years). Now I know he's in the business of selling cars so I take that with a grain of salt. I have no intention of trading as I usually hold for seven plus years.

Also, as I was buying, I saw two customers walk in looking for a GL 320 but I got the last one at my dealership. Sounds like the $10K discount is driving people into the showroom.
  • eheeuseheeus Posts: 2
    vchad,

Can you send details on the corporate fleet program? Been researching this over the past week and am confused on eligibility.
    Thanks,
    Ed
    eheeus@yahoo.com
  • rayleiwurayleiwu Posts: 18
    Hi Collman - just bought this one for $51888(I asked for a lucky num...) + doc,lic&tax, this included the corporate feet, I think this is decent deal.

GL320BTC
    Black/Black
    P01
    550 Trailer Hitch
    846 Running Boards
    846 - Rear Seat Entertainment

Got 24.5mpg on the way back from the dealer with 70/30 highway/local, very impressive!!

First thing is to get the door handle inserts for paint protection even though I'm not a fan of the shining chormy things...

Shot me msg if you need the dealer's contact! I highly recommend them.
  • kennyyukennyyu Posts: 16
    vchad, thanks for that info, my e-mail is chungmoyu@netscape.net. if for whatever reason your are uncomfortable disclosing the second method to the fleet rebate i totally understand. i am a small business owner and i don't think i can qualify on the first method. but like you said 18k is still a great deal on new 09 GLs....extra 2k will just make that an awesome one.... and people please don't ask me for info on fleet rebate cuz as you can see i really don't have any idea..
  • collmancollman Posts: 22
    Hi rayleiwu,
    Congratulations!!! How did you get the fleet rebate? through your company?
    It is a great deal. Did you buy any other options? like lifetime oil change, clear bra...
    My dealer asked me the lifetime oil change for $799. Max. 4 times a year..
    What do you think about?
  • collmancollman Posts: 22
    Anyone knows about MB special rate 2.9% for up to 66 months? Is it for 2010 GL only? My dealer said it is for only 2010 GL. not for 2009 GL.
    My dealer told me they had 1.9% for GLs last month, they are no longer having them this month. I think th $10K rebate replaced the 1.9%

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/#/specialOffersCurrent/
    Yes fleet was via my wife's company.
    No I haven't bought any accessories yet, but will get the door handle inserts for paint pretection. clear bra is worth to get as well - will research a little bit later on).

as for the lifetime oil change, I myselt won't go with it since I'm a DIYer (maybe not for a MB), I'm usually not a fan of the "prepaid" things, except for cellphones:-). today's money is always longer than the future's :-)
    Shot me an email (rayleiwu@yahoo.ca) if you have questions, you are in Seattle area too, right?
  • yiliueryiliuer Posts: 14
    Dear vchad,

Have you landed your deal? Thanks very much for sharing your experience. can you please share your second method on getting the fleet discount. i have tried hard googling it but nothing useful comes up. My email: yiliuer@Hotmail.com. Thanks so much,
  • vchad/kenny/nkole, et al

Thanks for sharing this 10K rebate, and deal that is upwardly worth 18K-20K off MSRP. Last June, my local dealer gave me a deal that's only worth 7K and I said "no thanks".

I am clueless on the fleet discount details. Would any of you, or all of you, please send me the details? BTW, I am in SF Bay Area. Does any one have recent buying experiences to share.

Thanks,

Tony

ba4musket@gmail.com
  • vchad,

can you post the link for companies on mbz fleet program. I found this link from googling "mercedes benz fleet" many hits but they don't tell me what companies are on their list of DOF: http://www.fleet.mbusa.com/diversity .

MBZ must try hard to keep this list a secret or some thing :-)

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Hi vchd/Kennyyu,

Can you please share with me on how to get the fleet discount? My company is not on the list. I will pick up a GL320 this afternoon. Tried credit union but all are taken off the list of FEP.
    my email: yiliuer@hotmail.com
    Thanks very much,
    Here is what I got:

GL320 Bluetec
    black/black
    P01
    Appearance package
    rear seat entertainment
    plus destination fee 875

MSRP: 68725. I got the quote for $51500. No additional discount applied. It is in north cal.
    Any one can share the fleet discount info please? I will pick up the car tomorrow. Thanks very much,
  • huj089huj089 Posts: 6
    Hi yiliuer,

Looks like you got a decent quote. Would you mind sharing with me the names of the dealership and of the salesperson? Really hate to waste time negotiating.

For the fleet information, check that link and see if your (or your spouse's) company is listed.
    huj089,

I would be happy to give you the info after the deal is closed. The negotiation was a fairly smooth painless process.

None of our companies are on the list of FEP. Tried credit union but it was just off the list.
  • This is a very similar deal to one I was negotiating here in NorCal. What's strange to me is how different dealerships are handling sales. yiliuer, please let me know as well who you are dealing with. I was offered a similar one to yours yesterday at about the same price but with the fleet discount included. Now you make me think I can get down a couple of grand...
  • huj089huj089 Posts: 6
    Thanks, yiliuer. Looking forward to your good news tomorrow.
  • vchadvchad Posts: 97
    I already sent you an email about the fleet discount. you didn't respond or anything.

As a matter of fact, I responded to every one of you, but NOT one of you had the decency to even offer a thank you response or anything. I put my neck on the line, and offered a way to get the rebate, but it seems most of you are ungrateful.

So from now on, NO one please ask for the fleet discount information.
  • Hey vchad,

I want to thank you, albeit late, for your email. In my case, yahoo was kind enough to throw it into my junk email folder, which I never open. I just found it tonight and wanted to let you know that on my part, I really appreciate it. Thanks again.