Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz GL-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• alexebialexebi Posts: 16
    Does the disocunt depend on the type of purchase (cash, lease, cash-financing)? Has anyone paid Invoice less $2500 for an all cash deal with no dealer or bank financing?

Thank you.
  • jh87jh87 Posts: 13
    No, we set the deal first, then I let the dealer know the rest. They don't seem to care. I settled down with a 3 years lease (MB financial), no money down and top tier money factor of the month.
  • sawjaisawjai Posts: 18
    Didn't matter for me either. Although I think if I financed it they would have knocked a tiny bit more off. The sales guy didn't care, but the F&I guy was trying real hard to see the deals out there. I told the F&I guy the MB rates were a joke for anything above 36 months. Under 36 was good, but wasn't interested in any car loan.

During the sales process it was asked, but I told them most likely cash, but would be open to financing if the rate was crazy good and if it gave me a better deal. In the end I was happy with the deal. Shop the rates with the CUs, seems to be better rates than the regular banks. Use that to your advantage when going into the dealership. They will find you the best rate thru their financial networks. In the end we paid cash... we'll be keeping this car a LONG time, 7-10 yrs at minimum.
  • dragongzdragongz Posts: 19
    How much did you pay for your GL450 in cash? Can you give more detail? I am still waiting for more cash incentive. thank you and happy father's day!!!
    edited June 2010
    Do you think there'll be the $10,000 cash incentives this year similar to what existed last year? If so, when? Does it really make sense to wait? I am faced with the same dilemma. Glad to hear your thoughts. Thanks.
  • sawjaisawjai Posts: 18
    Read my post #481. I talked about my techniques and pricing and other stuff in previous posts. Other fellow posters also listed some of their prices. I bought a GL350. For me gas mileage, size, 3 row seat room all made the deciding factor for the GL. CX-9 was still in contention, but didn't feel as solid, and wife is into brands.

I would figure MB will do the following based on my research:
    $5-10,000 Dealer Incentives for GL450 and GL550
    $0 - $5,000 Dealer Incentive for GL350 (pretty tight supply)

Your issue will be are you going to get the vehicle you want. P1 car probably much easier than a P2 car. Almost every dealer.... NO MATTER WHAT COLOR MB made said it was next to impossible to get my config on a GL350 "unless" I wanted to pay SERIOUS transportation costs for a few available on the East Coast. Not sure what config you want. If P1, I'd think you'd be ok.... after driving my car the last 2 weeks I am glad I got P2.
  • storm10storm10 Posts: 175
    Well, if you wait a few weeks more, you can get 2011 GL, which will be released next month in July. 2011 GL-Class will not change much, but there are few enhancements. You can see whats new for 2011 GL models here: 2011 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class changes.
    If you are looking to lease - 2011 may lease better, because it will have much better residual value. If you are thinking to purchase/finance 2010 is the way to go, while it's still available.
    In any case, you can use this info while negotiating the deal. Dealers have to give you a good reason to go for 2010 model (big discount) instead of waiting and getting newer 2011 model.
    Thanks for your insights.

When do you think MBUSA will announce incentives for 2010 GL450s? What would be the effective date/period for the incentives?

What do you estimate the amount of the incentives?

Thanks for your help.
  • lbo3lbo3 Posts: 5
    Any insight re: incentives or rebates for July 2010? Looking to purchase a 2010 GL 450. Dealers is offering a good price ($1,000 below invoice) + mercedes will make my last 3 lease payments on my R350 (at mileage limit now). Not sure whether to pull the trigger now or wait to see if they put any incentives/rebates in place for 2010's in July. Also, does Mercedes typically offer the lease pull ahead program? Thanks!
  • revets2revets2 Posts: 16
    Hi Storm...

The fleet mgr we're working with says the residuals will not be any better for the 2011. This doesn't make sense to me, though I know the car is not changing all that much.

Can you shed some insight on this?

Thanks!
    If fleet manager told you that Residuals for GL 2011 will not better than 2010, than I suggest to look for another person to deal with...What State are you in?
    I'm in California. She finally relented and said the residuals would be higher. She even had them - 56% for the 2011 compared to the 51% for the 2010 (at least in June). I'm hoping Tarry @ leasecompare.com will list his rates on mbworld soon.

I now have most of the price increases on the options I want, but not the MSRP. Even with the price increases, I would lease a 2011 for about the same if not less than the 2010.

Thanks for the tip, Storm. It really made all the difference.
    Has anyone heard any definitive news about rebates for 2010 GL450s? I want to buy a 2010 GL450, but I've been waiting in the hope that there will be generous $10,000 rebates like last year. Please share any information or advice you have in this regard. Thank you.
    Same here, waiting for the new rebates for 2010 GL450 in south California. Any one want to join together for the negotiation in south california?

Let's make it happen!!!
    Thank you!
  • stingers96stingers96 Posts: 5
    edited July 2010
    can anyone please let me know what the current numbers (mf, resid, and incentives) are from MB for the 2010 GL450? How much off mrp should i look to get? Looking at 36 month and 12k per year.

Are the above mentioned rebates expected in July or August?

Thanks in advance.
  • mike670mike670 Posts: 6
    Ditto here...waiting patiently for August 1st when the new rebates for the for 2010 GL450 are released. There seems to be quite a bit of inventory for the for 2010 GL450 so I am hoping for $10k (same as August 2009) but would certainly be happy with $5k or half of what was offered in August 2009. By looking back in the archives for this forum it seems that substantial rebates were also offered in August 2008.

Seems to me that many folks are purchasing at about $2K under invoice right now and a good price at the beginning of August would perhaps be Invoice less $2k less whatever rebate number is offered.

Dragongz, I am also in Los Angeles.
    Current residuals and money factors are up on www.mbworld.org.

Current Summer event runs through Aug. 2.
    Since 2011 models will be available this month in July and there are plenty of 2010 GL's remaining - there is a good chance for an additional cash incentives in August.

But I don't think it will help a lot with leasing, as I expect residuals of 2010's to drop even further. However, it will help a lot, if somebody wants to purchase/finance and even take advantage of the low APR.
  • I am looking to lease a 2010 GL450 black/black36 months, 12k/year
    The MSRP on my configuration is $74,615, invoice. I negotiated the price $69,522.

Lease works out to $1106 per month,

One issue I have is the car is wired for the rear seat entertainment and they are going to install it at the dealer -- they tell me it will be the same as the factory kit, under options on Edmunds and not the one under accessories on Edmunds.

This is not one they have on lot, they must bring it in.

How much more room do they have in the car? Should i try fora few more dollars or will i be spinning my wheels.
    Hello Mike670,

Send me an email on kanley1@yahoo.com let work together for new gl450

thanks!!