Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz GL-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Currently GLs are selling for 10-11 thousand below msrp so happy hunting!
  • well that looks good
  • Just singed a deal today. GL350, MSRP $75K, got it for $63,500.
  • dtumbadtumba Posts: 3
    Hi everyone!

I've seen a lot of great posts about individuals purchasing a GL450 for 10-13% or even more below MSRP.

I'm curious on the breakdown between what makes up that discount? How much of the discount was from pure negotiation? From a conquest program? A cash incentive? A corporate partnership discount? Etc...

As an example, I'm looking at a 2013 GL450 (either finance or lease depending on terms). I have a corporate partnership program that gives me a $3,000 incentive. I can also include any cash or lease incentives available. The MSRP on the GL450 built through MBusa.com with the options is right at $74,000. I also drive a cadillac which may provide me with an additional incentive with the conquest program if they offer it (I've heard $3,000 is the number) for a trade-in.

This would be helpful in knowing how to approach the negoations!

Thank you in advance
  • wopelwopel Posts: 92
    Does that mean your dealer has the 2013 GLs? Or are you pre-ordering?
  • dtumbadtumba Posts: 3
    The dealers don't have the 2013s yet. They have the first one arriving the first week of September.

What I want to do is go to the fleet manager and have a custom order of exactly what I want so they have an immediate turn around on that inventory. I just don't know how aggressive to be in negotiating. I doubt the posters here have gotten 13%+ discount on MSRP purely by negotiating before other incentives.. but I'd like to know how close to or below invoice you can get before other incentives.
  • I think people are getting 13+% on 2012 but not 2013, I personally got 18% off a 2012 GL at the end of July. (last day of the month/week probably helped) But for a brand new, redesigned model which is not even on the lot, 5% is usually a good rule of thumb and if you can 7%, it'd be a very respectable deal.

If you can get 13%+ on a custom order, redesigned model, there must be something serious wrong with this redesign then. :)
  • just purchased a 2012 GL450...white, black mb tex, blind spot, P1, hitch... for 13k off MSRP. MSRP is 71.5 ..paid 58.5...got 2.99 apr too. Thoughts on this price? thanks!!
  • About to buy my first mercedes, went in to lease but opting to buy. MSRP $69,700, we are at 56,700 with credit union financing of 1.49%, thoughts on pricing? is the prepaid mainantiance really worth it at $2400 for 4 years/45,000 miles? Thanks!!!
  • Price isn't bad, but I am assuming you're talking about a 2012. The financing terms are in your favor, the price seems high. When I bought mine at this time you should be able to get down to about 53k.

I would say the maintenance isn't worth it, but bear with me.

Your schedule would be every 10k miles or so. $199 for one, $299 for the other. Depending on if you're getting a 350, you have to consider paying for the additive which can be another 200 every SECOND service. So, if you drive about 12k a year, you're looking at about average 700 every TWO years or so.

That's only $1400 over 4 years, maybe a bit more. There's really no other maintenance that I've had to do, other than purchase tires (they wear pretty fast at around 27,000 or so).

IF it includes brakes, you may want to consider it, as my brakes are about ready to be serviced (I'm at 40k miles). I guess that would account for that extra $1000 in maintenance...
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    Did you recently buy a new car because the financing offer was too good to pass up? If so, a reporter would like to talk with you about your experience. Please contact pr@edmunds.com by end of day Tuesday, September 25, 2012 with a brief account of your purchase and your preferred contact information.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Who has purchased a 2013 GL now. I have a 2010 GL 450 but am thinking of moving up to the 2013 version. What kind of pricing are folks getting out there on the new 2013s?
  • ab10000ab10000 Posts: 127
    I am targeting the gl450 2013 MB Lease special $699 for 36 month plus TTL and 795 acquisition fee. I want the dealer pick up the 5K cap reduction.
  • dinomandinoman Posts: 56
    PLEASE let me know if are successful of getting that deal. We are in the market for a new SUV by December. We are looking at the ML, X6, Cayenne, and GL. I was at the Mercedes dealer helping my dad lease a car. I test drove the GL, but it was too expensive to lease. They were only discounting it 3500 off MSRP. Lease would have been over 1000 per month.
  • Hi -

We just got a 2013 450 for invoice but had to agree to a money factor of .0021 (vs. their buy rate of .0016). Residual for 48 months with 12k per year was 54%.

We are also getting the 2013 550, this one for 1% over invoice - it had to be ordered, so we got exactly what we wanted but won't get the car until April.
  • MSRP: 74.5K, got it for 57.5K + Tax & Title. (22% off MSRP).

P2, MB Tex, DVD entertainment system, Blind spot assist, Running boards..etc.

Not sure if 30 HP more in 2013 Gl350..would make much difference?
    Budget wise..this looks like a good deal.
  • lex13lex13 Posts: 11
    I got a great deal on a 2012 GL450 (against advice I paid down the lease with a higher down payment). It is a 24 month lease and we love the car. Is it possible to stretch out the lease longer at this point (only been making payments for 6 months) or buy it out? I'm going to short sale my house and will take a credit hit for awhile and want to keep the car to ride out the storm. Thanks for advice....
  • nealitnealit Posts: 11
    what is the deal you got?
  • nealitnealit Posts: 11
    what is the term?
  • We are looking for 2012 GL450 with less than 10000 miles. Lightly used or demo cars. The best offer we got so far was a MSRP 74K with 2500 miles for 59k.

Worthy it?

Thanks.