Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz GL-Class Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
edited January 29 in Mercedes-Benz
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Mercedes Benz GL-Clas. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• haplologyhaplology Posts: 28
    Just got an email saying this car is now available. Seems like a pretty good deal from the rough numbers, but I'd like more details. Haven't driven it yet, so I'm not sure I'd like it, but . . .

I'm interested in a three year 10K mile lease. I have no idea on what kind of discounts or specials they're offering on the car. If you could just go off whatever you think is a reasonable price for a base model or whatever. Do you know the MF and residual yet?

Thanks!
  • cglnatcglnat Posts: 6
    Car man,

Can we get your help to reverse engineer the GL lease promotion on the official MBZ website, www.mbusa.com. I'd like to understand the MF/Residual and other charges.

nat
  • lopzlopz Posts: 22
    Please help here, HOST. What are money factors and residuals for GL, 24 and 36 months, 15k miles. Thanks.
  • chrangelachrangela Posts: 20
    Hello,

I am a first time poster here. I am considering leasing the Infinti GX or the Mercedes GL. I would prefer the Mercedes, but the difference in price is hard to justify for me personally. How much of a deal are the Mercedes special lease offers? Do they cut overall costs significantly, or are they just smoke and mirrors?

Thanks!
    Angela
  • popny85popny85 Posts: 15
    You're comparing two totally different vehicles. The equivalent of the Infiniti FX for Mercedes would probably be the ML and the equivalent for the GL for Infiniti would probably be the QX. Also consider the fact that the GL does cost around the same as a Toyota Landcruiser. ;)
    Hey,

Thanks for your response. I used the wrong vehicle name in my question. Sorry. I am looking at the QX and the GL. I have five kids, so with my husband and I and all the kiddies, I need a lot of trunk space. I'd like a luxury car, so that leads me to the Mercedes GL or the Infiniti QX. I much prefer the Mercedes, but the cost difference between the GL and the QX is hard to justify to myself... despite tehri obvious differences. The Mercedes similarly equipped seemes to be around $15-$20k more than the Infiniti, and I am wondering whether there are better lease options for the Mercedes that may bring the prices of the two vehicles closer to each other. Can you offer any suggestions?

Also, in the back of my mind I worry abotu the safety of the Infiniti.

Angela
    Hi, yea, don't expect the GL to be reduced anytime soon. It's still kind of new. As for the Infiniti, I really haven't heard good things about it, if it was the FX, I'd say go for it, but the QX is kinda shaky. However, I'm sure if u wait a while, u could get a GREAT deal on the GL, look at the marketing for the R-Class.
    How long is a while? I am afraid I don't know anything about the marketing fo the R class. I do know all local dealers in my area do not even have the GL with the back up camera. They say it will be months before that arrives so I assume pricing won't go down until for much after that. What do you expect the timeline to be like? Months or years?
    Yea, the Rearview Back-Up Camera isn't going to be available until July built vehicles. I would think that the vehicles should DEFINITELY be reduced for Mercedes-Benz' Winter Dream Event, which is sometime in November. Not sure if you want to wait that long.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hello lopz. If you were to lease a 2007 Mercedes-Benz GL450 through Mercedes-Benz Credit Corp. right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00355 and 70%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00320 and 62%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • lopzlopz Posts: 22
    Thanks. I guess I'll wait for a better deal.
  • Better deal is here. 2007 GL450
    Buy at Invoice, 36 month MF and resid are .00309 and 54% Also, I saw a question about R Class.... There is a TON of money back from mercedes on those right now. More than $5000 worth of incentives. ;)
  • billmvbillmv Posts: 142
    drlease

Do you happen to know how the GL has been selling lately, and if MB might be planning a promo on it in November at their Dream sale? The MF isn't all that great, and the RV seems low for 36 mos. MB doesn't seem to be very aggressive on any of their MFs.
  • upstate leasing is running a special on it now. a gl450 with premium package, sunroof package, and rear seat entertaiment. msrp $65025 lease for only $899 a month with $3000 total due at signing including ny sales tax (8%) and all fees. email me for more info. happy to help out a fellow shopper.
  • car man
    can you help me with the details on Mercedes new lease deal on GL? residual and money factor as well as cap costs?
    Thanks
  • njmumnjmum Posts: 1
    My Volvo XC90 is leased until 5/08 but I need a bigger car and would like the GL. The local MB dealer said they would look into using the Volvo as a trade-in. What does this mean? I can't find any info about this on the leasing sites. The only reason we're leasing now is because we were only expecting to live in the USA for a brief period. Our plans changed so I would consider buying, although I do like driving newer cars. Anyway, am I stuck with the Volvo or is there a way to get another car without the dealer tacking on the lease payments from the Volvo onto the new car? Any info would be great.
  • oman9oman9 Posts: 97
    Wow...pretty slow board out here...

njmum, the Volvo trade in basically means the cap cost would be reduced by the value of your trade in that they give you. Let's say you negotiate the "cost/price" of the GL450 you want to lease is 65K. Let's say the residual after 36 months is 54%, therefore the value at the end of the lease is $35,100 (54% times the 65K). Your monthly payment, if you had no trade in, would be based on your usage of the car (deprecation) of $29,900 plus the money factor (interest rate) charged on the 65K value of the car. If your trade was worth say $10K for the Volvo, the cap cost would be reduced by that amount, so your monthly payment for the depreciation portion would be based on 19,900 plus the money factor portion. Also you would have generally have sales taxes built into your monthly payment as well although I believe some states require sales taxes paid on the whole vehicle up front. I'm no leasing expert but I do know states vary on how that's handled. Hope this helps...
  • Hey jakpenn,

according to the following website: http://www.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=173261

these are numbers that I found (for Dec. 2006):
    24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 67% of MSRP – .00245 Base Money Factor Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 59% of MSRP – .00245 Base Money Factor Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 53% of MSRP – .00245 Base Money Factor Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 42% of MSRP – .00370 Base Money Factor Rate

MB is running their Winter Event now (thru 1/2) and in the small print of the GL ad it seems to say that the dealer contribution is about $2K.
    Good luck--I am looking into the GL as well, and will post any numbers I get.
  • Forgot to mention the adjustments for 12K and 10K mi/yr:

Add 2% to Residual Value for 12k mi/yr and 3% for 10k mi/yr on all terms
  • Does anyone know the money factor and residuals MB is offering in January on the GL450 for a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year?
This discussion has been closed.