Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz GL-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hello christiands. Mercedes provided dealers with a certain number of certificates that enabled them to provide $1,000 conquest cash on the 2011 GL450 to current owners of select competitive models, specifically Acura, Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Infiniti, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus, and Porsche vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Car Man:
    Any changes to the programs for GL 350's? I"m looking at 48mos / 12k or 36 mos/12k.
    Thanks
    Hello Christian_J. Mercedes-Benz Financial's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GL 350 with 12,000 miles per year are .00240 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00240 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
  • mF and residual % for a gl 450 36 mo. 15k/year in April?
    Thank you.
    Hi pcaldwell. Mercedes-Benz Financial's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GL 450 with 15,000 miles per year are .00193 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • jsc_usajsc_usa Posts: 11
    Hi CAR_MAN,

Can you please post the GL-450 lease parameters (money factor, residual, etc) for May?

Thank you.
    Here you go jsc_usa. Mercedes-Benz Financial's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GL450 with 15,000 miles per year are .00172 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • jsc_usajsc_usa Posts: 11
    Hi Car man,

Thanks a lot.

Do you have the numbers for June?
    You're welcome jsc_usa. Here's an update.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GL450 with 15,000 miles per year are .00126 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

As you can see, this truck's program is better than last month, so you're lucky that you waited.

Car_man
    Host
  • samsonrrsamsonrr Posts: 1
    Hi Car man,

Could you please post Mercedes-Benz Financial's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 27 and 36 month lease of a 2011 GL450 with 12,000 miles per year.

Thanks very much.
  • traderbtraderb Posts: 33
    It seems to me like there are alot of GL in inventory. The est quote I got with the above lease terms was Invoice, I am thinking that I should be able to get one below invoice this month, any thoughts?
    Hello samsonrr. Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 GL450 with 12,000 miles per year are .00126 and 67%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00126 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • jefhack1jefhack1 Posts: 8
    Hi Carman,

Potentially am working out numbers today with a MB dealer. Can you or someone else quickly share what the July 2011 money factor and residual looks like for these specs?

GL450
    12K miles/year
    36 months

Thanks!
    Hi jefhack1. Mercedes-Benz Finance's new July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GL450 with 12,000 miles per year are .00126 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
  • wtikwtik Posts: 26
    is this something that anyone would recommend?
    also, can we add more options to the special that MB is offering on their lease specials. i.e. the lease special is based on a specific MSRP of $67,105 less the suggested dealer contribution resulting in a total gross capitalized cost of $64,563
    here are the terms:
    $649/mo for 27 month lease
    $649 First month payment
    $4,999 Capitalized cost reduction
    $795 Acquisition fee
    $6,443 Total cash due at signing
    I wanted to post the deal I am signing tomorrow. I use this sight to always start my negotiations so thx Car Man.
    27 month, 10k/year

MSRP $70,120
    selling price $63,400
    MF .00116
    Residual 68%
    $747/month

put tax and fees up front, no cap cost reduction.

I think I might have been able to do a little better by shopping around a little more but he gave me this price off the bat so I wanted to give him the business. I also am turning in an R350 with about $1300 in damage that he is taking, so I am factoring that in too.

All in all, happy with the deal.
    Thanks for your feedback. I like the 27 month lease.
    I have a couple of questions:
    1 - is the lease based on the MSRP or is it based on the selling price?
    2 - How did you handle the trade in?
    its not a trade in, I was coming off lease. So they waive the dispo fee and the damage I had on car.

leases are based on the difference between selling price and residual. You want a really high residual( 68% is what I got) and a low selling price. The residual is always based on MSRP, you actually pay for the difference between selling price and residual value. Thats why the actual MSRP doesnt really matter, and why you can get a 70k truck for the same price as a 40k one on a lease. hope that helps
  • ab_vegasab_vegas Posts: 9
    Hi traderb, can you please tell me which dealership this is at? I know (per the rules) you can't list salesperson here (don't know why) but dealership is OK. That sounds like an absolutely phenomenal deal!!!

Thanks, George
    This is very helpful. Thanks.
    I am based in Boston and will most likely make the move on the GL 450 before the end of the month to take advantage of the 27 month lease which I think is very good.
This discussion has been closed.