Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz GL-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• I just received the following quote - pls let me know what you think -

2007 GL 450
    MSRP $61,675
    Sale Price $57,790
    39 month lease, 10,000 mi
    residual 60%
    money factor .00235
    $2500 up front (includes $1,095 bank fee?, 1st payment, reg, title, tax)
    $779 per month
  • That sounds like a great quote where did you get it? thank a lot!!
  • A MB dealership in RI. Good luck, tombrady!
  • Hello there, I currently drive a Lexus GX 470 and it is a little snug in the leg and shoulder width department. So as my lease ends I am seeking to move into another SUV. I have visited Infiti for its Q56, Lincoln for the Navigator, MB for the GL450 and am confused as to which is best for comfort and features. I need a SUV for 15k per year, any suggestions and what the best costs are. Does anyone have the SUV's I mentioned and what are his or her thoughts on the topic.

Your friendly NY attorney.
  • I've leased cars in the past with no problems but have always leased from the dealer.

I'm considering a lease on a new GL450. Has anyone had experience dealing with a third party leasing company as opposed to the dealer? I've heard stories about people getting all kinds of grief from third party leasing companies when they turned their cars in at lease end - excessive charges for excess wear and tear, things along those lines.

Anyone have any experience or thoughts in this area? We always maintain our cars.
  • crestonavecrestonave Posts: 219
    Anyone hear what these are? They're not on the website yet.
  • ms09ms09 Posts: 112
    i dont know abt costs. the GL 450 is probably the most expensive.but i say its the best large suv around.and if u want to go for a smaller suv go for the cayenne or x5,but if u decide the large1 i suggest gl is the best around,but you might also take a look at the audi Q7.

hope u can decide.
  • jzachjzach Posts: 2
    I've got a lot of useful info from these boards. So here is my payback:

Just leased a CB/Macadamia GL 450 w. Premium, Sunroof and Xenons in Chicagoland.
    MSRP 63275
    Negotiated price 58900
    Term 51 mths.
    Residual 50%
    MF .00295 (I know standard is 00245 but I am of the opinion that dealers/salesman have to make a living too. If you cosider the MSRP margins are low.)
    Sales tax 3828 (In IL pay on MSRP)
    2000 Down for acq. Fee (1095) + some Cap Red.
    Ended up at 887/mth.

So far (only 40 miles;-) ) love the car.
  • hvf1hvf1 Posts: 2
    hi
    can somebody review this numbers and tell me how good or bad are they. I know I need to get the money factor and residual . I'll post then when I get them.

GL 450 2007
    Alabaster White/ black leather
    premium pack 1
    appearance package
    back up camera
    wood steering wheel
    sunroof
    trailer hitch
    3 z temp
    rear seat entret
    running boards
    keyless go

MSRP 71535
    SELLING PRICE 68835+ TAX, TAGS AND SVCE FEE
    33 Months
    12K MILES

DOWN 5500
    974 PLUS TAX

iS THIS A RIP OFF?

I'll appreciate your comments

HVF
  • hvf1hvf1 Posts: 2
    33 mon term is 63% and the money factor is .00272
    this was the info that was pending
    selling price is now 68,335

hvf
  • carhead2carhead2 Posts: 3
    Help, please: What's the MF in May for the GL 450 on a 36-month lease, 12K miles per year? And what do they use as the residual value?

I also have a question about the current MB advertised special ($699/month for 33 months, 10K miles per year), because in dissecting it I can't figure out why it's a 'good' deal, though admittedly it seems good. The lease carries an adjusted selling price of $57,586.78, which is $1738.22 below MSRP. But then you have to pay a $3250 cap-cost reduction at signing, which to my mind means you now have an effective selling price of $60,836.78, which is $1511.78 ABOVE MSRP!!! Is it as bad as it seems, or is MB Finance helping out in other ways -- for instance, the advertised special uses a 64% residual value and an effective MF of .0022. If this RV is higher than standard or the MF is lower than standard, I can see why the lease deal is decent. But if these are the standard MB Fiannce RV and MF numbers, then doesn't the advertised special stink?
  • sb07sb07 Posts: 6
    Just wondering if its a good deal:
    33 Month lease
    $2750 down
    18,000 Miles per year
    White/Cream
    DVD, NAV, Parktronic, Front/rear sport trim
    19" Wheels
    Sunroof, Phone ready
    $860 Plus Tax/Month
  • skyylarkskyylark Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm new to this site and in the crazy process of trying to replace my leased ML 320 ending in November. I was going to look at the ML350 but fell in love with the GL450. MBUSA.com is advertising their SUMMER LOVE EVENT but no pricing. Does anyone have info on new lease rates for the 08 or 07 (money factors, residuals, etc.) My only requirements are the premium package and rear seat entertainment. I'm a stay at home mom with a 3 and 5 year old and I really don't have time to visit dealerships!
  • bmwcrzrbmwcrzr Posts: 17
    As of July 15th 2007, Mercedes Benz is submitting new rates, due to the unpopularity of their July rates.

Everyone should wait until the 15th and see the new rates

Good luck
  • dashbbdashbb Posts: 119
    Fast forward, July 27...could anyone share the new rates?
  • Can someone post the current October money factor for a GL450 with Premium 1 package and dual screen RES for 3 years/12K miles/yr. and 33 months/12K miles per year.
    Thanks!
  • Host, do you know what the current mf & residuals are for the "winter dream event" (33 month lease,looks like 10k miles a year for $699), 24 month & 36 month, 15k miles a year programs. thanks. also any guidence on how close to or below invoice a good deal would be on a moderately equiped gl450 in california (la area)?
  • c21bryan1,

Try contacting the internet department of Downtown LA Motors. I've had quotes from dealers in So. CA and they have provided the lowest quotes and the most complete infomation in a timely manner.
  • Greetings all,
    could you provide information on leasing factors for 2007 GL's (residuals, money factors etc etc)?
    Are there any "presidents day" sales going on?
    Thank you in advance,
    Greg
  • 2008 Mercedes GL450
    24 Month: Resid 64% of MSRP – .00155
    36 Month: Resid 56% of MSRP – .00175
    48 Month: Resid 45% of MSRP – .00175
    60 Month: Resid 39% of MSRP – .00330
This discussion has been closed.