Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Fit vs Honda Civic

167891012»

Comments

• I currently own a 2008 Fit M/T Sport and I am getting gas mileage on the upper end for the Fit (no problems there). But I have read and heard so much about global warming and climate change that it really makes me want to do more, and get better mileage with my current car than I am getting right now. I have highly considered trading the Fit in for a Civic Hybrid; I wouldn't buy the Prius, I am too loyal to Honda to go over to the darkside. My question, is it worth it? Should I take the financial hit if wanting to do more is that important? Will I really make that much difference by driving the HCH?

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Richard :confuse:
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,681
    Consider also the environmental impact of making a new car, in this case the Civic Hybrid. Maybe it would be lower impact overall to keep your Fit as long as possible, keep it in tune, and drive it as economically (and as little) as possible.
  • bobw3bobw3 Posts: 2,997
    I agree with backy...now if you're going from a 10 year old SUV that would be a different story...
  • mcmanusmcmanus Posts: 121
    I appreciate your environmental concerns and congratulate you on your earth smart purchase of a Fit. Honestly if you want to minimize your carbon (and all other footprints) the best steps you can take is to not have kids, don't base your lifestyle (travel/consumption/home) on travel by fossil fuel, and educate others.

The earth cannot sustain the open pit mining, manufacturing processing, or recycling impacts of enough batteries to power anything close to a significant number of cars in the world. IME it doesn't make sense to haul heavy, bulky batteries in a vehicle anyway.

Long before I'd invest in a hybrid (especially from what you're driving now), I'd look into conserving energy at home and then look into solar, wind, or geothermal powering of your home.
  • Hi Everybody here...
    This is my first post here.... Pls be gentle....

I'm new to USA and new to the automotive world (esp cars)...
    I will be here for about 3-5 years... so i want to buy a used car... but i could find any good cars... so ppl suggested me to look for new car in honda....
    I'm thinking towards honda civic LX model. I need the car for good mileage... not for luxury with leather seats and all....
    Can somebody let me know if i can go for Honda FIT as it is bit cheaper than civic.
    Also let me know any equivalent good mileage cars in Nissan or toyota.....

sorry if this question has been repeated.....
    Expecting a reply soon...
    Thanks guys....
  • Honda is running 3.9% financing for 60 months on the Civic right now. You can get a Civic LX for about the same monthly payment as a Fit with the 3.9% financing they're running on the Civic right now.

I was also looking at both and I decided on a Fit Sport automatic because of the extra space. You can't go wrong with either one. Honda makes a great car.
  • Yep....

But i had a look at the cars, i do like the civic only for its MPG.
    I'm not that much fond of cars. Just wanted a kind of decent vehicle with good resale value and it will be used as a commuting vehicle.....

I really dont mind about the space of the car so that is why i thought of looking at civic coupe. I would be the only user of the car.

Since the cars are running as hot cakes i could get a best quote from the dealers.... so i'm now catching up for any used car from honda, toyota or nissan cars with mileage around 50-60K.....

Not sure of what might happen next.... should be a :lemon: or will i get a :shades: car.....???????
167891012»
This discussion has been closed.