Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Camry Hybrid Owners Problems & Solutions

Comments

• houtex1houtex1 Posts: 82
    This may very well be what's happening, but when you hit the power switch (to power off) while parked but still in D shift, all indications are that the hybrid system is off. It's only when you shift to Park that the beeping starts and you are kind of left wondering why it's beeping at you. Then when you exit the car and try to lock it, it won't let you and you get the "Key not detected" message. It's all a bit confusing until you backtrack thru the steps you took. Of course the proper thing to do is always to shift to P before shutting down
  • hamm3rhamm3r Posts: 55
    I was they would make it smart enough that if they key leaves the car, the car would shut down.
  • pandcpandc Posts: 13
    I have noticed on damp mornings that the rear de-icer grid wont clear the top few inches of dew. I looked at the lines (grids) and noticed that on the drivers side rear glass the lines dont go all the way over to the edge like lower down on the glass. Any comments...Do everyones else look the same? 2007 TCH Desert Sand ..have had it 2 weeks today !!
  • njeraldnjerald Posts: 688
    Ever wonder where your radio antenna is?
    On the front windshield...the dotted grid in front of the rear view mirror?
  • sibbaldsibbald Posts: 106
    The dotted grid may just be a sun shade between the two front sun visors. I am guessing a bit here as I am just one of many waiting for delivery with two deposits out there.
    Cheers, Tom
  • The antenna is on the rear window. Looks like part of the defroster grid. :D
    is it the section at the top that wont clear with the rear de-icer? If so it makes sense what I am seeing..
    Yes, because you didn't get the subtle answer.
    I got the subtle answer...just didn't like the way you think you are so smart..some people might call you a smart a**
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,913
    Please don't let this turn into a personal thing.

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

some of his other replys were a little sarcastic too... just didn't think his tone was quite necessary...won't happen again from me....
  • berg32berg32 Posts: 56
    Has anyone succeeded in transferring his/her phonebook from a Verizon Motorola E815?
  • bnewinsbnewins Posts: 25
    My dealer phone guy said verizon doesn't support phonebook transfers. I also have Morotola E815. :cry:
  • primo2primo2 Posts: 31
    i have heard that windown tinting sometimes causes reception interferance...any thoughts would be appreciated :)
  • spiff72spiff72 Posts: 179
    This should only be true of metallic tint films. Non-metallics shouldn't have any affect on radio/xm/nav reception.
  • primo2primo2 Posts: 31
    thanks spiff72...makes sense
  • gc77584gc77584 Posts: 65
    Don't know what else to call this. It's not really a problem - yet - just wondered if anyone else has seen this. The other day I had the AC on (at least I think I did) and the air flow was coming from the upper vents, and that's what the display showed. Going about 35 mph, I drove by a guy with a weed-whacker whacking weeds right next to the road and something relatively small (piece of mulch?) flew up and hit low on the driver's side of the car. All of a sudden I hear and feel a change in the air flow. Took me a minute to figure it out, but it had changed so that the air flow was coming from the lower vents, like when the heat is on. I put it back to the upper vents.

Today I'm driving, about 30-35 mph, AC on and hit a little pothole in the road. I mean little, barely felt it. Next thing I know, the air flow has shifted from from the upper vents to the lower vents, and the display indicates this.

Anybody else experienced this??
  • kevcorkevcor Posts: 3
    Does anyone know how to disable that WAY over the top seat belt chime from hell??
    Your dealer can modify that Parameter along with 50 or 60 others.
  • gagricegagrice San DiegoPosts: 29,053
    seat belt chime from hell??

I rented a Camry for a week and that is an obnoxious reminder. Most cars quit after they let you know you forgot.
  • droid13droid13 Posts: 29
    I'm trying to remember if the "Auto" setting also controls vent choice as well. Maybe this is the cause?
  • droid13droid13 Posts: 29
    Imagine the law suit if the warning bell did not continue to chime. I'm surprised a robot arm doesn't come out with a waiver for you to sign if you don't put the seat belt on. On the nav models, you would have to watch a 10 minute video on seat belt usage before being allowed to drive off without them. :)
  • rscotts54rscotts54 Posts: 47
    You can follow the below instructions to silence the seatbelt chime in the Camry and TCH. This procedure may also work in many other vehicles:

1) Unlock and enter vehicle.
    2) Locate Seatbelt Buckle and Hasp. Note: Buckle can be adjusted along length of seatbelt fabric. Hasp is located at base of seat on side of seat opposite of seatbelt origination point.
    3) Place thin metal tab of Buckle into Hasp. Buckle should have audible click when firmly seated in Hasp.
    4) Start Ignition- Seatbelt chime should not repeatedly sound unless Buckle is released from Hasp.

The above is the simplest and safest way to eliminate the seatbelt chime.
    rscotts,

Thank you for your sarcastic reply to my post. A simple chime to remind one to buckle up would be sufficient. The repeated chime on the TCH is more like a nagging mother-in-law. Ah, yes....it's the 4th of July. INDEPENDENCE DAY. As an American, i choose when and when not to wear my seatbelt. All I am asking, is if there is any way to disable the repeated chiming on the times I choose not to wear the seatbelt (or my dog is in the car, who really can't use the seatbelt). If anyone does know how to do it, please let me know. And rscott, if all you have is sarcasim, try going to open-mike night at your local comedy club.
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Posts: 1,405
    And rscott, if all you have is sarcasim, try going to open-mike night at your local comedy club.

At the risk of being told where to go (local comedy club), all I can say is you're probably new to this forum.
  • 210delray210delray Posts: 4,722
    Isn't there anything in the owner's manual? I know Ford has a procedure to disable the chimes for those who refuse to wear belts.

Whether you're an American or not, everyone should wear a seat belt at all times when driving. The seat belt is the single most important safety feature in your car. Plus wearing a belt is the law in all states except New Hampshire.

For its own safety, the dog should be kept in the back seat.

BTW, those "mother-in-law" extended operation seat belt reminders have been shown to be effective in increasing seat belt usage -- that's why most manufacturers voluntarily provide them -- they're not mandated by the government.

Happy 4th -- I'd recommend celebrating your independence in other ways! :D
    Isn't there anything in the owner's manual?

Yes, the owners manual says it can be deactivated by the dealer. I was just hoping someone here would know how to do it, so I don't have to drive down to the dealer, not to mention whether they will charge me for it.

As far as wearing a seat belt at all times....how am i supposed to stick my head out of the sunroof if i have my seatbelt on??? :-)

Seriously though....I do wear my seatbelt most of the time, and i don't mind a chime or two to remind me. But that continuous nagging just gets to me. I can't even put my briefcase or my gym bag in the passenger seat, or else!!
  • rscotts54rscotts54 Posts: 47
    My son and I were in a rollover collision (Ford Ranger)about 3 years ago. Got T-Boned at a wide open intersection when someone blew a stop sign on a sunny Saturday morning. Not a place that I would anticipate a collision.

The drivers door was pushed into my side and the roof crushed down on our heads.

We were fortunate that we both had our seatbelts on and that the airbags deployed as well. We rolled 1.5 times and ended-up hanging upside down from those nasty old seatbelts.

We were very lucky. After a lot of recuperation, the only result is a slightly bad back and a healthy paranoia whenever driving.

I consider the chime a blessing. If it hadn't reminded me to buckle-up, I would be dead or in a wheel chair right now.

Enough of my comedy routine.... back on Toyota topic!
  • houtex1houtex1 Posts: 82
    I too have taken my small dog on short rides with me and he moves around between the front and back seat. Every time he moves to the front seat the chime starts all over again. It can be annoying. I now just buckle the passenger seat belt before taking the dog for a ride.