Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Yaris New Owner Reports

12346»

Comments

• nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,687
    Well, the gas tank finally required filling a couple of times, and mileage is a lot closer to 37 than 44, unlike my initial impression.

Still that's close to what I was getting before, and I'm going to see if I can improve it a bit.

Had a weird thing happen today - got in the car and the radio portion of the stereo wouldn't work. The CD worked fine, but the AM/FM wouldn't tune in any stations or even produce static, it was just silent. Turning it off and on didn't help at all.

So I listened to a CD on the way back to work from lunch, and when I came out at the end of the day the AM/FM was working again. Weird, and I hope just a one-time glitch.

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

that my 2012 Yaris is the only 2012 Toyota that cannot be programmed to chirp when you hit the keyless entry. It is silent, only flashing the turn signals when you lock or unlock the car.

Seems like an odd place to cost-cut - how much more can it cost to have a system that produces a chirp than one that doesn't?? :confuse: :sick:

It had its first oil change at the same time, and after 5000 miles the only defect I can find so far (except that one-time glitch with the radio) is that the driver's door intermittently won't lock or unlock with the keyless entry. I asked them to look at it yesterday but of course the response back was a "cannot duplicate condition"... :-(

• maxx4memaxx4me Posts: 1,340
    yes, that also is the biggest irritant with my Toyota Vibe, or if you prefer, Pontiac Corolla. How my car can be built at NUMMI and not have the Toyota chirp is a mystery to me and causes all kinds of problems, especially in large parking lots/garages.
    That's extra weird, because my Matrix DID have the chirp....perhaps the keyless is GM-specific in that model?

12346»