Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Toyota Camry Problems and Repairs

Comments

• keislkeisl Posts: 16
    I have a 2007 Camry that I bought in March of 2006. I have never had very good gas mileage. I get about 28 MPG on a road trip - highway, no traffic, and in town I get about 16-18. Needless to say, I have been VERY disappointed in this. I have been told that since the engine light is not on, that everything is fine. Good Luck to you!
  • eroc69eroc69 Posts: 56
    RE: the feel of the left side bolster, the upholsterer said the manufacturer adds a layer of something {padding, material} over the seat mounted airbag and it has somehting to do with making sure it inflates properly or something like that, but by adding an extra layer or 2 it makes it feel uneven.
    We test drove a Matrix 2-3 years ago, nice car etc but the seatback adjuster was like a ROCK in my side.
    No way I coulda bought that and dealt with it.

Oh and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all {happy} TOYO CUSTOMERS :P
  • Our 07 V6 xle with Vsc does the same thing and we were told it is the abs pump.
    Did you ever get this corrected and if so what was the fix?
  • Kiawah - thanks very much for the TSB bulletin. I have printed it and will set up an appointment with the dealer. Hope this corrects the problem, as overall the Camry is a nice vehicle, but the poor engine / transmission performance is a deal breaker!
  • i too have dash squeaks and have the same issue about sound coming from under the car like stones or pebbles hitting under the car. i thought i was just hearing things. have you had this looked at and what did they do to fix it?
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    Thanks....I think you'll be very pleasantly surprised at the difference.
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Posts: 1,739
    you were told correctly. I have driven a number of vehicles with this feature. It should only come on in a skid and it is aplying the brake or brakes that is needed to correct the skid. On the wifes STS it is fun in the snow to watch the traction control and the stability come on one after the other. On her car it displays the message on the dash under the speedo. Anyway it is the abs operating. Difference is the abs pumps all the brakes where as the stability pumps from one to four
  • joel16joel16 Posts: 64
    I had a good opportunity this Christmas day 2007 to check the mileage on my 2007 Camry XLE 4-cyl. I drove from Wake Forest NC to Charlotte NC. Specifics are:
    1. Premium Exxon fuel (no, it doesn't require it)
    2. filled up in Wake Forest NC right off Route 1 (Capital Blvd)
    3. 2.5 hours back to Charlotte NC
    4. all highway, all 70+ mph, much of the distance with cruise control
    5. about 40 degrees, no rain, snow, high wind, etc.
    6. no hangups, obstructions or slow downs (few people on the road)
    7. 30 PSI in front, 31 in rear
    8. 9800 miles on the odo.

The trip computer showed 33.9mpg at end of trip. Typically, with the weather we've had in Charlotte (about 40-55 during daylight), I am getting 24-25mpg mixed driving. With more short trips I get 23-24.

Other facts are:
    1. had the tranmission TSB performed last year, so no more hesitation, up/down shift craziness with cruise control since then; car drives very well; although I think slightly underpowered with the air conditioning on; I'd like to see 190hp in next model.
    2. I have the oil and filter changed every 3000 miles at dealer
    3. use premium fuel most of the time (I don't think this makes a big difference with gas mileage, but have found in cars i've owned that the engine remains clean, injectors trouble free)
    4. check the air pressure in my tires once each week; tires are rotated every 5000 miles.
    5. during the winter months (in fact, most all the time) I don't let the gas tank fall below 1/2 full to try and minimize problems with moisture.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Hope you will also post your mileage in the MPG discussion. :)
  • Reposting question about Dashboard noise on 2007 Camery LE.... I know I read there is a TSB to fix this noise ... my question is... has anyone gotten this done? Did it fix the problem or did it just create other rattles and noises? I wanted to hear from a few folks that got this done to check what their experience was 1st... anyone that has gotten this done.. I would apprecitiate your input.

( TSB ... dash and install anti rattle tape." Under "PARTS: QTY: 2. FP NUMBER: 08231-00801-WA. DESCRIPTION: Noise kit.")

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------

I have a 2007 Camry LE - only 3000 miles... I live in NY and now that the weather has turned cold my dashboard is making noises that is driving me crazy. It sounds like it is coming from where the speakers are.. if I push down on the dash at those spots I can replicate the noise... once the car heats up the noise mostly goes away... I saw on the a previous posting that there was a TSB for this in Canada... I called my dealer and once they looked up the issue on their Toyota dealer website they said they saw something that references this issue.... (MY CONCERN is... once they remove the entire dash and disturb everything... is this going to help or make matters worse)? Has anyone gotten this work done yet? Has it helped or made things worse?
  • joel16joel16 Posts: 64
    Unless I was there, with a Toyota factory rep or Factory Dashboard assembly expert, to watch the whole process, I wouldn't want to have the dash removed.

I had a 2001 Toyota Avalon that, when below 35 degrees out, would emote squeaks and rattles from the dashboard, especially near the bottom of the windshield. I was told that the dash would have to be pulled, or the windshield replaced. I opted to blast the heat for a few minutes which calmed down the noise.

The event that fixed the squeaks and rattles was when some moron ran into the back of my Avalon at 30+ mph, almost, but not quite, totaling it. I didn't keep the Avalon long enough after the "accident" to see if any other noises developed over time.

Now, I have a 2007 Camry XLE 4-cyl, and am happy (not thrilled, but happy enough) with it. It has been trouble free after the TSB installed. Without that TSB, one way or the other, it would have been gone.
  • 2007 Camry SE - when changing between FM/AM/CD or using the integrated Blue Tooth, I suspect a speaker (or any speaker) isn't working - I've tested this when pressing the 'mode' button and hearing only silence until I cycle through all modes again again as well as when trying to make call from the integrated Blue Tooth - I can tell that the call is going through and the person I'm calling can hear me, but I can't hear a thing. So I think that sometimes the speaker doesn't keep up with the mode change or there is a loose wire. It has also happened since I had my Sirius Fit Kit installed in late Dec 07. My dealer will 'check it out' at my next service appt (faulty rear window defrost wire necessitates replacement of entire rear window). The problem with the mode thing, though, is that there is no rhyme or reason to when it happens so I'm not sure diagnostics will reveal anything.
  • Thanks for the info... I feel the same... I can't imagine them taking the dash apart and not opening a whole new can of worns... the noise is annoying, especially if you hate noises and rattles.. I had a 95 Nissan Altima... just got rid of it when I bought the 07 Camry and the car after 12 yrs was still tight as a drum, no noise or rattles... then I buy this car and I have more noises then a 12 yr old car... just can't win... Funny thing is.. I'm wondering if all 2007's have the same problem or was it just a select few that were manufactured in a certain factory....

PS: Your story about you Avalon was pretty funny....
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Posts: 1,739
    If it's that bad then have them fix it. Dashes now days are designed better for the most part and have fewer rattles. If you have ever been in a car factory then you will know that the whole dash is installed as one piece, not put together in the car. In this case they should be able to pull it out the same way. Tell them before hand that if it still squeeks even if somewhere else you expect it to be fixed and a free loaner car for your troubles. The past 5 cars I have bought this is added to the form I sign to seal the deal. It basically states that I understand that all cars can have problems but if the dealer doesn't fix it right the first time then I get a loaner for the second or if need be third time. This is agreed to by the owner of the dealership as others come and go. I have only had to walk out of one dealership over this and funny thing salesman called an hour later and left a message on my answering machine that they agreed to it. But by the time I got home I had already made a deal somewhere else.
  • Yes, there is a time limit to file a claim under the Lemon Law. In FL, it's 2 years. Your car has to be in the shop for 3 times for the same problem before you file.
    I know...I own an Acura and had 4 transmissions replaced by 67K miles! Good luck!
  • Thanks for the info... I think I will get it fixed... the car is 1 yr old but only has 3k miles.. (I work from home) and the noise bothers me to no end... I'll take your advice for the loaner car... thanks again.
  • My 2007 , 4 cyl, Auto Transmission, Camry does not want to move above 75 mph. Upon slight grade, it does not want to accelerate. this does not allow me to pass any auto on the road. I am driving in D gear.

What could be the problem? Car has less than 11000 miles.

Does any one else have this problem?

Thanks.
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    It's under warranty, get it to the dealership and take them for a test drive.
  • I have a 07' camry SE V-6 with a popping and creaking noise coming from the dash. Most of the noise seemed to be coming from the base of the windshield by where the clock is. I had the TSB work done, and it fixed that problem, but now I have a small rattle from the front left speaker area. But, that rattle seems to come and go. But it is better than it was.
  • eroc69eroc69 Posts: 56
    OH has TOYO DROPPED THE BALL....

I too had the dash rattles fixed last week.
    Well until I got back into the car the next day and it was chilly out, it was WORSE.

TOYOTA WHATS GOING ON.
    THis is worse than my 97 Grand Prix. My dash pops and tings just sitting at a stop sign or red light. The plastic is so cheap and there is no insulation inside there so it just begs for the temperature differences to make it expand and contract, hence the pop and tings and pops
    Frustrating to no end. I CANT WAIT TILL I TRDE IT IN FOR AN ACURA TL
  • I was searching the net for 2007 manual transmission camry's with possible problems and came across your message. My gear shift almost slips out of first gear. This doesn't happen all of them time ..so of course the technician couldn't find anything that indicated a problem....When I am in 3rd and 5th gear and I let off the gas and then accelerate again, there is a pull that visibly shows on the gearshift when I hit the gas. Does your Camry have any of these symptoms? We also own a 2000 Sienna and the transmission went at 90K. Toyota backed the recall ( because of the class action with the sludge deal maybe)...but none the less, they took care of it. If this is another issue, I may be moving on to Honda. If you could respond, I would appreciate it. These cars are few and far between to compare.
    Thanks
  • 210delray210delray Posts: 4,722
    Well, I don't have a Camry with a manual transmission, but I've always had one manual in my "fleet," currently a '98 Nissan Frontier.

You say it "almost" pops out of gear, but in mind, it either does or doesn't. So if there's just some movement of the stick, I don't think it's any cause for concern.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,668
    I have an '07 manual Camry, zero problems. I don't think the stick moves much, if it all, but I will try to pay close attention tomorrow. I have had other Toyota manuals that move slightly, but they never had any problems, and I had them over 100k miles.
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    Motor mounts are the most likely cause of "shift stick" position changes under differing engine loads.
    worn synchronizer rings can also cause it, but I doubt that's the case here. I forgot to check for any movement today, I'll try to remember tomorrow.
  • chuck28chuck28 Posts: 259
    I just dropped my car off to have them fix the rattle ,dash noise. I'm worried about the whole dash being removed but at this point I don't have a choice. The noise is to discouraginge to listen to.
    I also have a radio proble which is showing "error3" on the display when I tried to eject cd's. I also have a problem getting the sound back on after I swith modes.
    I should have an update on the dash fix this weekend?
    Oh how I hate this car!
    OK, I remembered to pay attention to any movement of the stick today. Just like all my other cars, the only movement is a little bit in 5th gear, if you back off the throttle then accelerate again. Again, just like all my other Toyota manuals, and the transmissions (and clutches) all had in excess of 120k miles when sold with no problems.

If you still think it is a problem, take it to the dealer and have them check it out. At the least, you will have documentation if it does become a problem in the future. And you may sleep better at night. :)
  • vizyovizyo Posts: 35
    The front bumper on my camry chips very badly with little salts on roads. Every time I go out I see new spots where the paint completely chipped. In the summer time, little flies were chipping it. I have now too many of them on the bumper. I always check parked camries around and have not seen anything on their bumpers.I was wondering if my car was poorly painted. Is there anybody having the same problem?
  • chuck28chuck28 Posts: 259
    I got my car back today after it was in the shop for dash noise. They said they removed the top of the dash and lined some vents and did something with pins and fittings. The nose seems to be gone though I hear ninor stuff maybe speaker rattle. I will test it out in colder weather as it was mid 30's today.
    The dash seens to be in good shape. I would recommend this fix. Though it's been just one test drive it seem's to be much better.
    You may want to find a dealership who has done the job before?
    They also ordered me a new radio.
    It's nice to have the rattles gone but it's been a long 1-1/2 years of termoil with this car.
    Keep the faith