Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Toyota Camry Problems and Repairs

Comments

• djm2djm2 Posts: 705
    Good Morning:
    Put the gear shift selector in "neutral" while waiting in traffic. This will take the "load" off the engine!
    Best regards. -------------------- Dwayne :shades: ;) :)
  • zaken1zaken1 Posts: 556
    The older 4 cylinder Camrys used to have an additional idle speed control valve; which only controlled the idle speed while the air conditioning was turned on. It was located near the top of the valve cover, on the passenger side of the engine. I don't know whether this valve is still used on your model; but if it is; it sounds like it needs to be readjusted.
  • momafrowmomafrow Posts: 1
    MY VSC light just came on for no reason whatsoever. My husband was backing out of a driveway and the car was half on drive half on wet grass from a light rain (even level wheels though) and there was a loud noise and wham the VSC light was on and the brake will barely go down at all. Headed to the dealer at 7 am to see if they can reset it. Hoping I don't get screwed but I know nothing about it and there is limited info to help me. I am at 39000 and 2.5 years owned :( so I don't know if anything will be covered under warranty or not!!! I hope I make it to the dealer.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,666
    Call Toyota and tell them your situation. Be very nice, but tell them that you love Toyotas, etc. but are a little disappointed that this happened just out of warranty. Chances are, they'll cover it. I had a Rav4 that was just past the warranty on a seat belt buckle that stuck down (seat belts are 5 years, 60k miles) and they covered it!!
  • vizyovizyo Posts: 35
    I have recently taken my 2007 Camry LE 4 cyl. to service for the transmission hesitation and jerking at low speeds. Their technician did a test drive and said it was how the car operates and it was completely normal. I insisted and then they checked all issued TSBs in their system. I gave them TSB# I found in this forum but they did not even look at it. They found an upgrade for ECU, which is from 333A5000 to 333A5100. I do not know if this is what TSB 0068-08 does. They did the upgrade. The car now seems to be responding better; however I have started feeling some vibrations around 40~45mph speed. I first thought that it was coming from the road. Then I noticed that it was consistently doing it at the same speed. I think it is the transmission again. Does anyone experience such a problem? On the other hand, the upgrade has not fixed the jerk problem. The transmission still badly jerks when I do stop and go and when the speed reaches to 7~8mph. This is where it goes to the higher gear quickly and the car does not take it and jerks. It does not occur much when the engine is cold. I took the car back to the service and told them about all the problems. They said there is no any other upgrade for the transmission and the way it works is normal. Please advise if there is any other TSB issued for the transmission problems.
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    I can't say if any of the problems you describe, are encountering, have anything to do with it but as of the 2010 MY it is quite clear that Toyota and Lexus are still searching for a satisfactory solution, satisfactory to the CUSTOMER. There is now yet another new "fix" for the problem, design flaw, they embedded in all of their transaxles with a new more highly FE design starting with the '99 RX.

If you have DBW the transaxle is less likely to fail prematurely but will not be user friendly exactly.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,666
    There is another TSB for the vibration - TSB 0069-08. The service dept. at your dealer is terrible - try going to different one.
  • chacha426chacha426 Posts: 16
    I had the same low speed (especially slowing to a stop on hills) transmission issue which hesitated and jerked into a lower gear in my 07 Camry XLE (6-cyl w/6-spd). There was a service bulletin for this issue and they said they fixed, but haven't tried it on the hill where it seems to happen. There is 24K miles on my car and bought it new. I have one of the first new Camry's w/6-spd trans and had to have the transmission and torque converter replaced at 2000 miles. TMC USA were very good to work with and in the end had them repair and they gave me 7-year bumper-to-bumper Platinum warranty. This extended warranty makes me feel better as I've had the car in the shop a few times for several things, like a bad switch in the sun roof (stuck open the first time I used it) and some other minor things.

Another oddity is that I had a creaking sound deep in the dash on the passenger side. They took out the entire dash and found a bad weld, so they fixed the weld and put it back together. No more noise so far, but just picked it up today and just drove home.

It's a really nice, fast and comfortable car, but guess I have long-term concerns about quality and reliability, which are the reasons I bought a Toyota in the first place. My 1998 Ford F150 truck has been absolutely flawless with 98K miles, so seems like American car quality has surpassed Japanese or at least Toyota? Maybe this will be the last repair to my 07 Camry? We'll see...
  • Hello silverbullet10,

I have the exact problem as you mentioned. I am at 35k and still under warranty. I noticed the noise from the steering when I was getting out of my garage at about 25k or before that. I have mentioned it to the Toyota service guys during the last 3 oil changes and they did not find anything. Any ideas suggestions for me. Was your problem fixed ? Please let me know when you get a chance.
  • The car has smelt musty from the day we purchased it. 2007 camary GLE. It all came to a head about a month ago when the passenger side of the car was saturated with water after. The Dealer tried to side step but once I brought Toyota Corp on board they changed their tune. They had my car for over 30 days replaced the carpet and sent it out to a secondary place to recondition the interior. Cut to the chase still smells. Now the smell isof a chemical nature which sits in the back of your throat and gives you a headche if you drive with the windows closed. If anyone has shared a similar problem any feedback will help. Also I'm concerned now that this may become so sort of health problem. I will be speaking to Toyota corp. Tomorrow, any advice?
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    They need to find where the water is leaking into the vehicle.

Moon roof, moon roof drains, window/door seals, drain holes in the bottom of the doors clogged, drain holes in the area below the front windshield clogged, leaking heater core, trunk seal defective, etc, etc.
  • keysankeysan Posts: 1
    Thanks so much for the information. I felt hopeless with my Camry jerking. I'm a back patient and I just hated it. I'm so happy to know that there is something that can be done with it. my car went to the shop today. It's still under 3 year warranty, so maybe I've caught this in time. Also, my seatbelt off light came on Sunday and stayed on. Then, when I drove it to the shop, it was off??? I have hope that all these problems will be taken care of now. Mostly, the jerking of the car when you step on the gas. Thanks so much. Elaine
  • motorcity6motorcity6 Posts: 427
    They do buybacks!!!!! Did it years ago with GM after 26k miles, no lawyers, they never drove the car, sent the dealer a check, and bought another Intrigue, cost $600 to drive the car..Steering and brake issues, car ran like a dream..Do not take the Arbitration route, waste of time..

Played golf with some employees of the Southeastern Toyota Distributor back in the early 2000s, and they had many buybacks at their location..In retrospect, this was during the time frame when they built outstanding cars, so we were told.

Never owned any Asian car, and the only Toyota I would buy is the V-6 SE, for the std Toyota suspension is sloppy and gets really loosey/goosey with age..My acquaintance has a 2002 XLE w/4 banger only 77k miles and ,in excellent condition, but the struts are shot, however a/c is solid, no smell, driving position is horrible, gas mileage okay, and it gets an oil change every 5k..150hp engine moving a 3400# car is no ball-of-fire, but it goes from point A to B..Good car for a senior citizen..

Toyota has cheapen their cars dating back to last model redesign which was either 2006 or 2007..They have lost the quality edge to Honda and some other Korean upstarts..

Detroit cars have issues also, and after owning 41 Big 3 creations plus 2 German they have given lots of pleasure with some dispair at times..

Enjoy your cars for under the current Washington quidelines our love affair with the car will end with misery on wheels, and maybe you will think the next time you cast your ballot...
  • I managed to convince my dealer to change the power-steering pump under warranty last Oct, but the noise is still there till today. Before that, we test drove both 4- and 6-cyl new lot and none of them show the noise. I decide not to pursue it further. Strangely enough, mine does not occur until the engine gets hotter, and it's most noticable when the a/c is on during the summer, but you heard it when the engine is cold. I sugggest you talk to the service advisor, and both of you test drive your car vs. the new car on the lot to convince him look further into the problem. Gd luck and let us know what you find :shades:
  • hislambhislamb Posts: 4
    Mine does the exactly the same thing! It truly drives me crazy because I have taken it to two dealerships, and furthermore have taken it to Tire Kingdom here in my town who I have found to be very excellent at finding problems. Nothing....no one can find out what makes my 07 Camry shimmy at 70 and beyond. I am considering trading this car in. This is my 4th Camry.....all others have been wonderful. My 03 Camry XLE (also a 4 cylinder) drives way better than the 07.
    I am truly disgusted with only 23000 miles on this 07 which is loaded to the gill with the liquicell leather and other nice features.....I don't want to keep it.
  • sewcoolsuesewcoolsue Posts: 11
    Interesting problem you're having. My '07 vibrates at 70, 75, but then around 80 (bad me!) it stops. I just thought it was something weird with my car, but now that I've heard your story I'm going back to my dealer so they can look at my car again. (P.S. I've had my transmission replaced twice already because of various problems. Have you had any issues with yours??)
    I have too many issues with my 2007 Camry LE 4cycl as well. I have the same vibration problems at ~70km/hr but it does not consistently repeat. I am trying to find the combination of driving style, speed and etc. to duplicate it so that I can show it to the technician in the service. My other problem is that the transmission jerks when I do stop and go. When the engine is cold I do not have this problem; however it happens very badly after about half an hour driving and the engine get hot. it shifts to higher gear at 10km/h, which is very low speed for higher gear for a big mass of a car. I used to be a big fan of Toyota after owning 3 other Toyotas without any major problem for years. I had too many other problems with this car; I also hate being given "it is normal and it is how the car operates" speech every time I took the car the service for obvious problems.
    Hello Keysan. Just wondering if you got jerking problem fixed? If so, how? I have the same problem and my camry jerks horribly at stop and go. Thank you.
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    Can you describe what you mean by 'jerking' at stop and go? I have a 2007 Camry and it does nothing that I could even remotely consider 'jerking'.

Is the engine vibrating, or hesitating? Are you stopped at a stop sign and beginning to accelerate? What gear is the transmission in, and how fast are you going when this occurs? Etc, Etc, Etc.